Case for G11 and accessories

Started Oct 24, 2009 | Discussions
jonlong724 Junior Member • Posts: 43
Case for G11 and accessories

Does anybody have a case recommendation to carry a G11 and some additional larger accessories, such as lens adapters and a spare battery? I would like something fairly small, but with a divided main compartment to keep the camera separate from the other things. I really like the Lowepro Apex line, but I can't tell if that main pocket has a divider in it. I don't think the lens adapters will fit in the small accessory pocket.

Thanks!

OP jonlong724 Junior Member • Posts: 43
Re: Case for G11 and accessories

Looks like the Apex 100AW might work. Anybody have experience with this case?

Snail69 Regular Member • Posts: 373

I picked up the Apex 100 AW and mentioned it in this other thread:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1010&message=33296772

Quote " FWIW I just picked up the LowePro Apex 100 AW today along with a 270EX Speedlight, and an extra NB-7L battery. The Apex holds the G11, Flash, 4AA plastic battery holder and the extra NB-7L just perfect, with a little space for extra SDHC cards and similarly small items. It comes with an removable/adjustable shoulder strap but also has a wide belt loop for belt carry too. It's also got the thick nylon side loops for attaching compatible accessory cases. I'm charging up some Energizer AAs for the flash now so haven't tested it yet. I also just ordered a Stofen Omni-Bounce style diffuser for it off ebay for about $10."

I've also ordered OpTech USA'sD-1 Mini neoprene case for those times when I want to walk a little lighter. I can always stick the 270EX, batteries, etc in a pocket.

Hope this helps.

-- hide signature --

Nigel

Oh, I forgot to mention, the Apex 100 AW does have the adjustable divider with velcro so you can separate your accessories from the camera itself. Also, I found my mini 3-sectional metal desktop tripod and it also fits in the small inner pocket perfectly.

So to summarize, it holds the G11, extra NB-7L battery, 270EX speedlight, SDHC cards, mini tripod, microfiber cloth, plastic 4AA rechargeables.
--
Nigel

Perfect! Thanks for your response. Sounds like I can keep the G11 in there and keep it separated from the lensmate adapters.

I'll be ordering this case shortly.

helimech Contributing Member • Posts: 598
Could you post a picture

Could you post a picture of the bag loaded up?

Thanks

helimech's gear list:helimech's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS +2 more
iloco Regular Member • Posts: 310
Re: Wish I had of known.

Wish I had known about the OpTech USA'sD-1 Mini neoprene case. I have on order the Lowepro G-Res 10 Camera Pouch (Black). If I don't like it when it arrives I will return to Amazon unopened and get the OP Tech soft case.
I am in need of a case that will take up the least amount of room for the G11.
Snail69 wrote:
Thanks for the information on the soft Op Tech case.

I picked up the Apex 100 AW and mentioned it in this other thread:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1010&message=33296772

Quote " FWIW I just picked up the LowePro Apex 100 AW today along with a 270EX Speedlight, and an extra NB-7L battery. The Apex holds the G11, Flash, 4AA plastic battery holder and the extra NB-7L just perfect, with a little space for extra SDHC cards and similarly small items. It comes with an removable/adjustable shoulder strap but also has a wide belt loop for belt carry too. It's also got the thick nylon side loops for attaching compatible accessory cases. I'm charging up some Energizer AAs for the flash now so haven't tested it yet. I also just ordered a Stofen Omni-Bounce style diffuser for it off ebay for about $10."

I've also ordered OpTech USA'sD-1 Mini neoprene case for those times when I want to walk a little lighter. I can always stick the 270EX, batteries, etc in a pocket.

Hope this helps.

-- hide signature --

iloco

Olga Johnson Forum Pro • Posts: 24,360
Thanks for the tip..

Snail69 wrote:

Thanks for that tip. I've been using another OpTech that I had here at home but the D Mini sounds like it fits much better.

-- hide signature --

Olga

iloco Regular Member • Posts: 310
Re: Thanks for the tip..

I ordered the Optech Mini D and got it today.
It is exactly what I was looking for in a small compact case for the G11.
It fits snug but it being a stretch type of material it gits great.

With this case I can carry the camera in my jacket pocket where ever I go. The case when off the camera is so flexible it fits into a pocket with ease.

A little pricey for what you get but well worth it if you looking for camera protection only.

Olga Johnson wrote:

Snail69 wrote:

Thanks for that tip. I've been using another OpTech that I had here at home but the D Mini sounds like it fits much better.

-- hide signature --

iloco

Re: Could you post a picture

Sure thing. The bag should arrive on Monday and I'll get a pic up.

Olga Johnson wrote:

Snail69 wrote:

You're welcome! I'm still waiting for my D-Mini case and the OpTech Adapt-Its camera strap connectors but I was talking with iloco today and he got his and really likes it.

Here are a few quick snaps of the Apex 100 AW and the gear in it:

I tried to get a shot showing the screen with the ScreenPatronus protector ordered from their website (and discussed in other threads recently):

Here's the flash diffuser I got in the mail today. Got it off the bay too.

-- hide signature --

Nigel

Olga Johnson Forum Pro • Posts: 24,360

Got mine too. It's perfect for my needs.
--
Olga

Gilbert1 Regular Member • Posts: 191

Snail69 wrote:

Olga Johnson wrote:

Snail69 wrote:

You're welcome! I'm still waiting for my D-Mini case and the OpTech Adapt-Its camera strap connectors but I was talking with iloco today and he got his and really likes it.

Here are a few quick snaps of the Apex 100 AW and the gear in it:

I tried to get a shot showing the screen with the ScreenPatronus protector ordered from their website (and discussed in other threads recently):

Here's the flash diffuser I got in the mail today. Got it off the bay too.

Does the Lowepro Apex 100 AW also fits the G11 with for example all the 3 Lensmate adapters, 72 mm filter, batterycharger, extra battery, memorycard, raynox macro lens and maybe the Canon Speedlight 270ex? If not, which Lowepro bag do you advise?

Gilbert1's gear list:Gilbert1's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon Z 24-70mm F4
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads