Very tempted to buy the G11

Started Sep 28, 2009 | Discussions
mike bustad Forum Pro • Posts: 10,220
Very tempted to buy the G11
-- hide signature --

It looks like a great camera. I have a lens I am going to sell soon and my plan was to buy a mid range zoom of some kind. Just maybe this might be a better bet and it looks like it might be out this coming week so I am watching closely here to help me decide.
Tanglefoot47
Tulalip Wa.

mike bustad's gear list:mike bustad's gear list
Canon PowerShot G16
Searching Veteran Member • Posts: 3,850
Re: Very tempted to buy the G11

I'm with you on this one Mike, very tempted too. The IQ on my A640 is very good, but it doesn't have IS which I really want/need, or raw, I assume the G11 will be even better, it has lower pixel density, and really has about every feature a DSLR has in a smaller package and what is really handy is the built in Neutral Density Filter among all the other things. It is really tempting, so much that if it was in stock today, I'd buy one.

Searching's gear list:Searching's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 +3 more
Pls0421 Contributing Member • Posts: 505

i am with you all..Everything i read about it so far has convinced me to buy one. In this stage of my life, I hate hauling around my DSLR and lenses. Rather have a first rate P&S to take..I already have a Pansonic TZ-5 which is a fun camera. I really want a camera with a viewfinder when that sun is just too strong, and a camera I can manipulate manually..The G11 looks like it fits the bill for me!

Pls0421's gear list:Pls0421's gear list
Ricoh Caplio GX100 Canon PowerShot G11 Pentax K-5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 +9 more
Les Lammers
Les Lammers Veteran Member • Posts: 3,999

I am in Florida and use the G10 VF often. I will not have a P&S w/o one. An imperfect one is better tha none at all.

Les Lammers's gear list:Les Lammers's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads