GF-1 gets creative

Started Sep 26, 2009 | Discussions
Don Vittorio
Don Vittorio Regular Member • Posts: 241
GF-1 gets creative

-- hide signature --
 Don Vittorio's gear list:Don Vittorio's gear list
Sony a7 III Canon EF 35mm F2.0 Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Canon EF 24-105mm F3.5-5.6 IS STM +5 more
Tony Reynolds Senior Member • Posts: 1,236
Re: GF-1 gets creative

Very nice images, Vittorio. GREAT color!

evshrug2 Contributing Member • Posts: 683
Nice to see more of your work!

These are beyond my ability to critique, so if you don't mind I'm just going to sit back and enjoy them

Believe it or not, I have the same tree as in #1 in my front yard! I've got a similar pic, but unfortunately I don't have it saved right to display here.

Number 2's OOF area is just so intriguing, this photo feels so unusual.

I like the dynamic quality of #3, enjoy #4 and...

Thank you very much for sharing. I'm a happy camper

P.s. any particular reason for choosing the GF1?
--
Evshrug

roblarosa
roblarosa Senior Member • Posts: 2,119
Impressive!

The GF-1 looks amazing. Although I'm sure a lot had to do with the photographer too!

roblarosa's gear list:roblarosa's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2
kiri Senior Member • Posts: 1,651

The tunnel shot is really cool. Very interesting shot.

Echodyne Regular Member • Posts: 174

Indeed, very nice. Is the blurry tunnel "out of cam", or have you used any post-processing?

Looks cool!

Cheers,
Echodyne

kiri wrote:

The tunnel shot is really cool. Very interesting shot.

-- hide signature --
 Echodyne's gear list:Echodyne's gear list
Olympus PEN-F
thegurge Forum Member • Posts: 55

Well I've finally taken the plunge and ordered the pancake kit. May get that Leica 45mm in a few a months if I can afford it. The first interchangeable lens camera I've owned. Don't know if I can take photos as good as these but at least I have no excuses.

christan Regular Member • Posts: 233

Very nicely done ... Love the colours ...

-- hide signature --
mark1000 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,717

Nice shots, Vittorio, the tunnel shot does it for me.

Mark.
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/30657645@N03/

Don Vittorio
OP Don Vittorio Regular Member • Posts: 241

Again thanks for the kinds words. These shots were all taken with the 14-45 IS lens.

The tunnel shot was edited in Photoshop to enhance the DOF in the back of the tunnel. I also boosted the colours to get a very rich feeling.

I have to thank the sun for the great lighting situation in most of these shots. Without it the shots wouldn't have turned out the way they did.

I decided to buy the GF-1 because I want a compact camera but I HATE the crap image quality I get with compact camera. I have used many, and I have never been fully satisfied.

The GF-1 is like carrying around a "pocket camera" with the performance and image quality of the Canon EOS Kiss X2. I love it, and I take this new camera with me everywhere I go now. I've never really done that with a camera before. So that says a lot for the camera.
--
http://www.redbubble.com/people/vitoz

http://redbubble.com/people/vitoz/recipe:banner ;back_color:ffffff:banner/vitoz_banner.jpg

Don Vittorio's gear list:Don Vittorio's gear list
Sony a7 III Canon EF 35mm F2.0 Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Canon EF 24-105mm F3.5-5.6 IS STM +5 more
Philip Young Regular Member • Posts: 130
WOW

WOW, Wonderful, Excellent photography. Thanks for showing them to us. You should be paid by Panasonic for this post.

Philip Young's gear list:Philip Young's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Leica D-LUX 3 Nikon Coolpix 950 Nikon Coolpix P5000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LC1 +27 more
dphilips Forum Member • Posts: 86

The shot of the tunnel is wonderful. I really what you've done with the colors, however the DOF manipulation is a bit much IMHO. It was one of the first things I noticed about the shot and in that sense I think it detracts from the image somewhat.

-- hide signature --
evshrug2 Contributing Member • Posts: 683
I found my pic of that tree!

Again, thanks for these pictures. And for making me super-tempted, haha!
--
Evshrug

Photo-Wiz Senior Member • Posts: 1,653
Re: GF-1 gets creative - Great Photos

When I comment on pictures that are posted I've been known to say a thing or two that are meant as constructive criticism...which is background information to tell you that I love these pictures. Great shots, great color. Thanks for posting them.

Photo-Wiz's gear list:Photo-Wiz's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic LX100 Sony RX10 III Fujifilm X-T100 Fujifilm XF 16-80mm F4 +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads