GF1...20mm kit....Shipped by Panasonic direct!

Started Sep 25, 2009 | Discussions
Iphoto
Iphoto Regular Member • Posts: 249
GF1...20mm kit....Shipped by Panasonic direct!

Just got my e-mail from Panasonic that my GF1 shipped today. Guess I'll get it next week sometime. It is shipping out of New Jersey according to the Panasonic rep I talked with. The UPS tracking number doesn't give a delivery date yet, but I live in Pittsburgh and I should get it by Monday, or Tuesday at the latest. I placed my order on 9/15.

Well, I am excited!

Gar

Iphoto's gear list:Iphoto's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm FinePix X100
Jason Milliron Contributing Member • Posts: 870
Re: GF1...20mm kit....Shipped by Panasonic direct!

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered my 20mm kit from Amazon on the 2nd so hopefully I'll get it by next Friday.

mpgxsvcd Veteran Member • Posts: 8,094

Did your credit card get charged already?

-- hide signature --
 mpgxsvcd's gear list:mpgxsvcd's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +5 more
mpgxsvcd Veteran Member • Posts: 8,094

I called and my 14-45 Kit should ship out on Monday and be here Tuesday. It is showing in stock and she said that it will be here no later than Tuesday because I paid for over night shipping.

-- hide signature --
 mpgxsvcd's gear list:mpgxsvcd's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +5 more
Iphoto
OP Iphoto Regular Member • Posts: 249

No, just a preliminary charge was placed on my card so far, but they did e-mail me with a UPS tracking number. It will probably be charged by the end of the day.

Gar

monad68 Regular Member • Posts: 117

you out taking photos of the G20 events?

Iphoto wrote:

Just got my e-mail from Panasonic that my GF1 shipped today. Guess I'll get it next week sometime. It is shipping out of New Jersey according to the Panasonic rep I talked with. The UPS tracking number doesn't give a delivery date yet, but I live in Pittsburgh and I should get it by Monday, or Tuesday at the latest. I placed my order on 9/15.

Well, I am excited!

Gar

Iphoto

Actually, the protestors came down the street where I have my storefront but didn't realize that until too late. So, no pics. It was a peaceful demonstration and there were only a few hundred protestors.

Gar

Iphoto

Just checked UPS and the delivery date is 9/29. Hope everyone gets theirs on time also.

Gar

Linh Nguyen Regular Member • Posts: 244

Lucky you. Blast my adorama pre order. Didn't know panasonic would hold out on the retailers.

xpistos
xpistos Regular Member • Posts: 326

Linh Nguyen wrote:

Lucky you. Blast my adorama pre order. Didn't know panasonic would hold out on the retailers.

Adorama emailed me with an ETA for the gf1+20mm of 2009-10-02.
Their webpage shows December 2009 as of 8 am Pacific Time, 2009-09-26.
The Panasonic web page says estimated ship date of 3-5 business days.

asecsc4

xpistos's gear list:xpistos's gear list
Fujifilm XF10 Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR
Paul Richman
Paul Richman Veteran Member • Posts: 4,549
When did you order yours?

I ordered the GF-1 +20mm kit yesterday, and am anxiously awaiting some status. I asked for overnight shipping, which for them still means too many days. No B&H service there.

Iphoto wrote:

Just checked UPS and the delivery date is 9/29. Hope everyone gets theirs on time also.

Gar

-- hide signature --
 Paul Richman's gear list:Paul Richman's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Nikon Z7 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 150mm 1:2.0 +16 more
Paul Richman
Paul Richman Veteran Member • Posts: 4,549
I hate Adorama..

... They were always late with my orders, and didn't let me know that either. I never order from them anymore. You could cancel your pre-order, right?

Linh Nguyen wrote:

-- hide signature --
 Paul Richman's gear list:Paul Richman's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Nikon Z7 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 150mm 1:2.0 +16 more
Mark Won
Mark Won Regular Member • Posts: 378

Just called Shopatron and was told that the GF1 w/pancake is backordered and won't be in stock for another 3 weeks. Not sure how knowledgeable the rep was though. It seemed to be something he just heard rather than researched.

So I called Panny direct and told them about how I had ordered/cancelled three times already since all the orders were relegated to Shopatron and therefore, seemingly delayed longer than the Panasonic direct orders. He asked a supervisor if there was a way for him to place a direct order for me. The answer was no.

At this point I realized that its simply a luck of the draw to submit a direct order with Panny instead of Shopatron. So I thought I would increase my chances and give it another try. The system went down and I was told to try ordering online.

Dont know when my Amazon order will ever be processed. But at this point, I am seriously considering picking up one of the Japanese versions from an ebay seller.

Has anyone gone this route?
--
Mark Won
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22910881@N08/
LFI Gallery
http://gallery.lfi-online.de/gallery/index.php?cat=14209

Mark Won's gear list:Mark Won's gear list
Ricoh GR Fujifilm X100T
TEBnewyork
TEBnewyork Forum Pro • Posts: 11,337
Japanese domestic versions have no english language
-- hide signature --
Diane B Forum Pro • Posts: 20,700
Re: Japanese domestic versions have no english language

I don't have anything involved in this, but am wondering what the difference is between Shopatron and Panasonic.com (Direct, I guess). From what Mark has said, it would seem you get shuffled to 'Shopatron' rather than buying from Panasonic.com. Can you not just call Panasonic.com and place an order?? Does that mean when you call the 800 number to the right of the screen on the site you get either Panasonic OR Shopatron??

Diane
--
Diane B
http://www.pbase.com/picnic
G1 gallery http://www.pbase.com/picnic/temp_g1

Diane B's gear list:Diane B's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Apple iPhone XS Max +1 more
Iphoto
Panasonic Direct and Shopatron

When I ordered on 9/15, I talked with Panasonic Direct sales person, and they transferred the order to Shopatron. Shopatron shipped yesterday. Panasonic direct gave me the number of Shopatron to call for an update on the order. I don't know how it all works, but it sounds like Shopatron ships all of Panasonic's orders.

Gar

Mark Won

Diane,

Panasonic process some others on their own, directly through the warehouse, while others are transferred to Shopatron. According to the rep the allocation is automatically done by the system.

Another rep told me that with Shopatron, they get about three days to search local inventory (I'm thinking distribution centers here), and if nothing is available, the order finally gets kicked back to Panasonic. All website orders are routed to Shopatron. Some phone orders get directly placed with Panasonic it seems.

What a mess! They really need to get their distribution up to par. This is a electronic giant running their supply chain management like a mom/pop shop. Unreal.
--
Mark Won
LFI Gallery

Ricoh GR Fujifilm X100T
Mark Won

Thanks for the info Terry.

I read some posts indicating that with a downloaded version of the manual in English, it isn't too hard to figure out what the options are, given Panny's iconic menu system. The resale value will be the killer though.

Ricoh GR Fujifilm X100T
kristian2000
kristian2000 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,614
Shopatron

Interesting read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shopatron

In short, it seems that if you are buying from Shopatron, you are still buying direct from Panasonic. Shopatron is a e-commerce solution that determines the most efficient way of distributing products.

-- hide signature --

Kristian Farren

kristian2000's gear list:kristian2000's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3
Mark Won
Re: Shopatron

In theory this is true, but Panasonic also processes their orders without Shopatron. The rep at Shopatron told me they transact for some 700 companies, and have no access to inventory or such information. In some ways they are like Amazon working directly for the companies rather than the consumers.
--
Mark Won
LFI Gallery

Ricoh GR Fujifilm X100T
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads