Kenneth J. Martin Junior Member • Posts: 30
Going to Utah

Need to know where to be for sunrise and sunset photo opps
--
http://www.martinphotography.biz

Bad Pic kev Veteran Member • Posts: 8,759
where to be

for sunrise and sunsets...

its best if you are outside for them. looking east for sunrise and west for sunset

i am sorry i had to
--
Kodachrome
They give us those nice bright colors
They give us the greens of summers
Makes you think all the worlds a sunny day, oh yeah

Bad Pic kev's gear list:Bad Pic kev's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S2 Pro Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +9 more
Anthony Veteran Member • Posts: 8,933
Re: Going to Utah

I recommend Arches National Park and Canyonlands National Park, near Moab, UT. Excellent places for sunrise and sunset photos.

For sunset, try Delicate Arch in Arches National Park; just remember to bring water, good hiking shoes, and a flashlight so you can hike down the sliprock in the dark.

At each location, the National Park Service maintains a welcome center with officers who are more than willing to recommend locations for sunrise and sunset photos, plus they have displays and brochures outlining the parks and which features are best suited for photography at a given time of day.

Anthony

Kenneth J. Martin wrote:

--

-- hide signature --
MOD BobsYourUncle Veteran Member • Posts: 5,950
Ditto from Anthony

An additional suggestion... If you travel to Bryce Canyon the main road that takes you into the park has many turnouts that look east....therefore a great venue for sunrises.

Utah is such a marvelous place you almost can't go wrong with any venue...

Bob

Anthony wrote:

I recommend Arches National Park and Canyonlands National Park, near Moab, UT. Excellent places for sunrise and sunset photos.

For sunset, try Delicate Arch in Arches National Park; just remember to bring water, good hiking shoes, and a flashlight so you can hike down the sliprock in the dark.

At each location, the National Park Service maintains a welcome center with officers who are more than willing to recommend locations for sunrise and sunset photos, plus they have displays and brochures outlining the parks and which features are best suited for photography at a given time of day.

Anthony

Kenneth J. Martin wrote:

--

BobsYourUncle's gear list:BobsYourUncle's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E2 Nikon D5 Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon D850 +9 more
Hullinger New Member • Posts: 23
Re: Ditto from Anthony

Yes, Arches is the place to go, not necessarily the most beautiful, but easier to get around. I'm from Utah, but I have to admit that it has been quite a long time since I have been there.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads