Several pictures of E600

Started Aug 26, 2009 | Discussions
ketspace New Member • Posts: 4
Several pictures of E600

Ryan21 Contributing Member • Posts: 869
Huh?

I didn't know there was a E-600... I own the 620 but this is confusing...

R
--
Love of beauty is taste. The creation of beauty is art.- Ralph Waldo Emerson

puttin
puttin Veteran Member • Posts: 7,244
Re: Huh?

Must be a joke, what would be the point of an E 600

puttin's gear list:puttin's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon Coolpix A Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X70 Sony RX10 II +23 more
Ben Herrmann
Ben Herrmann Forum Pro • Posts: 18,617
I had heard that a E600 was in the works, but I have to say....

WTF over? Why would they release something that looks exactly like the E620 - what's the logic behind it. Is it similar to what Oly did with the E450 to the E420? It doesn't make sense, unless they've done something radical to the insides (sensor, vastly improved high ISO capabilities, etc.). But even then...why the look-alike?

I don't get it....anybody have any insight?
--

Ben Herrmann's gear list:Ben Herrmann's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon Coolpix P330 Fujifilm X20 +45 more
BigBen08 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,572

Looks likea hoax. Why are the photos out of focus?

Klarno
Klarno Veteran Member • Posts: 4,146
If anything, i'd think it to be replacing the E-520. nt
-- hide signature --
 Klarno's gear list:Klarno's gear list
A3000 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II +3 more
malim Contributing Member • Posts: 509
Re: Several pictures of E600

Physically it look exactly like the E620. I wonder what about the inside.. 7AF or still 3AF point? TruPic III+ or TruPic V?

-- hide signature --

malim

(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 9,549
a mystery!

I did see the E600 rumors a couple weeks ago at the usual place, but didn't think about it much. I suppose if you cancel the 420/520 for sure, then offer a little brother version of the 620 for something like $200 less, it sort of makes sense, barely, crammed in between the 450 and 620.

-- hide signature --

John Krumm
Juneau, AK

Robert Schroeder
Robert Schroeder Senior Member • Posts: 1,573

BigBen08 wrote:

Probably made with a mobile phone or something like that... I don't think it's a hoax; to forge blurred numbers would be much harder than to forge sharp ones.

Cheers,
Robert

Jay Miller Contributing Member • Posts: 937
Re: a mystery!

jkrumm wrote:

I did see the E600 rumors a couple weeks ago at the usual place, but didn't think about it much. I suppose if you cancel the 420/520 for sure, then offer a little brother version of the 620 for something like $200 less, it sort of makes sense, barely, crammed in between the 450 and 620.

-- hide signature --

John Krumm
Juneau, AK

Time to convert the E-450 into a micro 4/3rds camera. The whole idea of the E-450/420/410 was smallness.

amalric
amalric Forum Pro • Posts: 10,839

Jay Miller wrote:

jkrumm wrote:

-- hide signature --

John Krumm
Juneau, AK

Time to convert the E-450 into a micro 4/3rds camera. The whole idea of the E-450/420/410 was smallness.

Don't think so. It was about dSLR smallness. If they took away the flash, they could cram IS into it and could make it as small as the E-P1, except for thickness. Much better tool, with OVF and PDAF.

That if they didn't listen to the tarts of marketing. Quite a few people are selling their E-P1 anyway, poor lemmings.

Am.

-- hide signature --
RoelofH Regular Member • Posts: 293
Nice photoshopping

Kind regards Roelof

PeterNMIF Senior Member • Posts: 2,438

I can seeit replaceing the E450, (and I thought the 620 replaced the 520??), but didn't the E450 just come out a bit earlier this year?

Maybe it is an E450 with flippy LCD plus inbody IS???? Looks like the 620 but has a smaller number (600) because smaller than 620?

Peter F.

PeterNMIF's gear list:PeterNMIF's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 NEX5R Sony Alpha NEX-6 +1 more
Boguslavsky Dimitry Regular Member • Posts: 273
Fake

it's look like a fake
reasons :

1) we see e-600 in A SHOP !!! not in presentation . not in a press release - but in a SHOP ? and this is clearly a shop on those picutre

2) on a first picture - there is clearly seems e-620 on background - and those 2 look exactly a same .
--
No signature here .

Boguslavsky Dimitry's gear list:Boguslavsky Dimitry's gear list
Olympus Stylus Tough 8010 Olympus E-330 Olympus E-3 Olympus Zuiko Digital 25mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 7-14mm 1:4.0 +1 more
Stu 5 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,277
Re: Fake

Boguslavsky Dimitry wrote:

it's look like a fake
reasons :

1) we see e-600 in A SHOP !!! not in presentation . not in a press release - but in a SHOP ? and this is clearly a shop on those picutre

That means nothing. It's not unusual for a dealer to see a product before it is launched. The reps for the companies sometimes bring them in to the shops.

2) on a first picture - there is clearly seems e-620 on background - and those 2 look exactly a same .
--
No signature here .

Parci Forum Member • Posts: 84

Robert Schroeder wrote:

BigBen08 wrote:

Probably made with a mobile phone or something like that... I don't think it's a hoax; to forge blurred numbers would be much harder than to forge sharp ones.

Except when you already have a blurred "0" character from the E-620 and just need to replace that "2" with it.

Visual Effects Junior Member • Posts: 40
Re: Several pictures of E600

malim wrote:

Physically it look exactly like the E620. I wonder what about the inside.. 7AF or still 3AF point? TruPic III+ or TruPic V?

-- hide signature --

malim

Look at the camera in the backround, it shows 620 and it appears to be part of the same shipment as the camera in the forground. Strange

chocolate_face Regular Member • Posts: 219
Adopting sony's strategy-

the new e-600 will replace the e-620, more expensive but with downgrades, the continuous shooting speed will be reduced by 0.5 fps and the view-finder will be smaller, the live view will only cover 90% now

unlike sony olympus are going to be honest with the numbering and giving the e-600 it's deserved "20" less than an e620

unlike sony's a380 which deserves to be an a340

lol sorry, at least im in the right forum for it

GBC Senior Member • Posts: 1,258

Or to photoshop, then apply a blur to the image to cover up any evidence in the pixels.

Bitslizer Regular Member • Posts: 332

E600 was rumor/leak at the other 43 rumor site a couple weeks ago, and that look pretty legit, still these picture can be fake, but more likely to be real to me

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads