CASIO z60 and z75 Service menu combo found.

Started Jul 25, 2009 | Discussions
Arkyfox New Member • Posts: 5
CASIO z60 and z75 Service menu combo found.

Yep I found it and yes. It does take raw photos.

Hold down Bestshot and up while booting. as soon as the white screen with the camera's info in black shows hit DOWN DOWN BESTSHOT MENU

The camera will show a menu with very limited choices, but wait. Highlight the second option and hit SET/Select. Then while the first option is highlighted in this new menu press RIGHT RIGHT and then SET or Select (Same key to me) Now you should be back at the main menu with 4 more options HARD TEST IMAGE TEST ADJ TEST AND TEST SCRIPT

IMAGE TEST will allow you to set Raw mode on. Then press menu to back out and then again to boot the camera. After enabling this menu it will continue to pop up when turning the cam on. Just redo the original combo to stop it.

MonkRX Regular Member • Posts: 206
Nice Find.

EDIT:

Confirmed to Work on Casio Exilim Z1000 - Use procedures outlined above by me and the original poster.

RAW Files are 14.6MB in Size for the Z1000.

Z1000's Procedures:
With the Camera off, Press and Hold Up and Best Shot Button
White Version Screen Comes up, Immediately Press:
Down, Down, BS, Menu
Go to Menu Option #2, Labeled "USB TCC TEST"
With Sub-Menu Option #1 Highlighted (Labeled "USB TCC ON") Press:
Right, Right, Set - This will return you to the Main Menu
New Options are available. To enable RAW, Enter Sub Menu #7, Labeled Image Test

Enable Option #1 (Press Right Button), "Bayer Mode". Press Menu once to Return to Main Menu.
Press Menu Again to return to camera mode.

Enjoy your new RAW Mode! Every time the camera is turns on, it will enter the service menu now.

PS: Still Experimenting with this mode. I don't want the camera to boot into the service menu every time. (Its not mine :P, its my sister's).

Original Post:

Nice find. I'd like to test this method on the Casio Z1000, could you tell me what Menu Option 2 is labeled? I want to make sure I'm performing the keystrokes in the same sub menu.. The Z1000's Menu is as follows:

1: Version Info
2: USB TCC Test
3: ROM Update
4: Last Memory
5: Format

Instructions onto how to access Z1000's Service Menu:
Press and hold the Up and Best Shot button. Turn on camera.
White Menu Screen Appears. Quickly press:
---> Down, Down, BS, Menu

The often sought out for "Image Flag" option (Where "Bayer Mode" can be enabled) is missing.~

MonkRX's gear list:MonkRX's gear list
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5 IIs +1 more
This topic needs FAR More attention

First, I need sleep. Its 5AM here and I haven't slept because I've been testing this on my various Casio Digi Cams.

FH20 MIGHT be able to do RAW at ISO1600 (Yes! AMAZING News)

Yes, you heard me. You MAY not be limited to just ISO 100 and 200 now.

My Initial testing shows that the camera writes (what appears to be) complete RAW Files. The only issue is the camera locks up writing the file, when changing modes. Its hard to explain (especially this late) so I'll let you guys experiment. It writes two files per shot taken, but it DOES NOT take a JPEG. So this is NOT a RAW+JPEG mode as it is with the P505, Z1000.

Took a lot of guesses (due to the lack of a button under the D-Pad), but heres the way to access the infamous "White" Version Display:

While the camera is off, Press and Hold the MENU and UP button.
This will bring you to the White Version Display Screen.
Immediately Press "DOWN, DOWN, DISP, MENU"
This will bring you to the "Locked" Service Menu.
To Unlock the Hidden Options, Go to Menu Option #2 Labeled "USB TCC TEST"
Under the FIRST Option, Labeled "USB TCC ON", Press "Right, Right, SET"

This will RETURN you to the MAIN MENU. Except now all the hidden options have been unlocked.
Go to IMAGE FLAG. Hit Set. Under "Bayer Mode", Click RIGHT.

This will ENABLE Bayer Mode (RAW Shooting). Press Menu to Return to the Main Menu
Press Return to use your camera. Make sure you're in Normal Single Shot Mode.

Set any settings you want. DO NOT Turn the DIAL. You can shoot as much as you want (I've done two shots only, actually). The LED will continuously flash GREEN, which is a sign the camera is "Busy". Changing modes will cause the camera to LOCK UP. The only remedy is to remove the batteries. The Camera will dump two files per shot, one RAW file, and one presumably containing other camera settings.

I've tried DCRAW on the FH20's RAW files with no success. Same goes for the Z1000's dumps.

To DISABLE the service menu from showing up, follow these instructions:
Turn on Camera.
Go to Option #2, Labeled "USB TCC Test" Click Set to enter that sub menu
Go to Option #2, Labeled "USB TCC OFF"
Press RIGHT, RIGHT, SET.

This will bring you back to the "Locked" Main Menu (Effectively hiding locked menu options).

Hit Menu to return the camera to normal operation. You have now disabled auto-service-menu.

VERY Good Discovery.

Thank you, OP.

Again, cameras with CONFIRMED the hidden "Bayer Mode" (Not necessarily working):

Casio Exilim Zoom EX-Z1000
Casio Exilim High Speed EX-FH20
Casio Exilim EX-Z60
Casio Exilim EX-Z75

OP Arkyfox New Member • Posts: 5
Re: This topic needs FAR More attention

Yes, I did mention that in my original post didn't I?

Indeed I did, just making sure. Anyways, I'm talking with the maker of dcraw and he has already made me a converter for the z60 exilim. However I am at a complete loss for compiling it. Anyone intrested in doing it for me I will also update them with the conversion update for the z75 and can possibly get him to write one for the camera you have mentioned.

Qoute of myself lol: If you want to turn service menu boot off. Got back into the USB test menu (2nd option) and hit set. Then hit menu to go back to the main menu. The menu should show the original 5 options. Now hit power. Reboot and it's back to normal.

Arkyfox wrote:

Yes, I did mention that in my original post didn't I?

Indeed I did, just making sure. Anyways, I'm talking with the maker of dcraw and he has already made me a converter for the z60 exilim. However I am at a complete loss for compiling it. Anyone intrested in doing it for me I will also update them with the conversion update for the z75 and can possibly get him to write one for the camera you have mentioned.

shk12
shk12 Regular Member • Posts: 431

i get the white screen when i hold menu and up and power up but i just get normal shooting mode when i do the next step ? EX-FH20 with the latest firmware

MonkRX wrote:

First, I need sleep. Its 5AM here and I haven't slept because I've been testing this on my various Casio Digi Cams.

FH20 MIGHT be able to do RAW at ISO1600 (Yes! AMAZING News)

Yes, you heard me. You MAY not be limited to just ISO 100 and 200 now.

My Initial testing shows that the camera writes (what appears to be) complete RAW Files. The only issue is the camera locks up writing the file, when changing modes. Its hard to explain (especially this late) so I'll let you guys experiment. It writes two files per shot taken, but it DOES NOT take a JPEG. So this is NOT a RAW+JPEG mode as it is with the P505, Z1000.

Took a lot of guesses (due to the lack of a button under the D-Pad), but heres the way to access the infamous "White" Version Display:

While the camera is off, Press and Hold the MENU and UP button.
Immediately Press "DOWN, DOWN, DISP, MENU"
To Unlock the Hidden Options, Go to Menu Option #2 Labeled "USB TCC TEST"
Under the FIRST Option, Labeled "USB TCC ON", Press "Right, Right, SET"

This will RETURN you to the MAIN MENU. Except now all the hidden options have been unlocked.
Go to IMAGE FLAG. Hit Set. Under "Bayer Mode", Click RIGHT.

This will ENABLE Bayer Mode (RAW Shooting). Press Menu to Return to the Main Menu
Press Return to use your camera. Make sure you're in Normal Single Shot Mode.

Set any settings you want. DO NOT Turn the DIAL. You can shoot as much as you want (I've done two shots only, actually). The LED will continuously flash GREEN, which is a sign the camera is "Busy". Changing modes will cause the camera to LOCK UP. The only remedy is to remove the batteries. The Camera will dump two files per shot, one RAW file, and one presumably containing other camera settings.

I've tried DCRAW on the FH20's RAW files with no success. Same goes for the Z1000's dumps.

To DISABLE the service menu from showing up, follow these instructions:
Turn on Camera.
Go to Option #2, Labeled "USB TCC Test" Click Set to enter that sub menu
Go to Option #2, Labeled "USB TCC OFF"
Press RIGHT, RIGHT, SET.

This will bring you back to the "Locked" Main Menu (Effectively hiding locked menu options).

Hit Menu to return the camera to normal operation. You have now disabled auto-service-menu.

VERY Good Discovery.

Thank you, OP.

Again, cameras with CONFIRMED the hidden "Bayer Mode" (Not necessarily working):

Casio Exilim Zoom EX-Z1000
Casio Exilim High Speed EX-FH20
Casio Exilim EX-Z60
Casio Exilim EX-Z75

shk12's gear list:shk12's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EOS 80D Canon EF 50mm f/2.5 Macro Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Sigma 50mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +6 more

shk12 wrote:

i get the white screen when i hold menu and up and power up but i just get > normal shooting mode when i do the next step ? EX-FH20 with the latest firmware

The next step has to be done virtually instantly, we're talking less than half a second time. I had the exact same issue when I first tried this method on my P505. I thought I kept hitting the wrong keys or did something wrong, when I simply did not hit the keys fast enough.

Practice hitting "Down, Down, Display, Menu" with the camera off, until you can execute the keystrokes VERY fast. We're talking blinking speeds here.

Then turn on the camera. The instant the white screen comes up, quickly press "Down, Down, Display, Menu". If done correctly, it will bring you to the service menu. If you pressed the wrong keys, or took too long to enter the keystrokes; clicking "Menu" will return the camera to normal function.

Good luck! I hope you find some good features under the service menu.

Casio V8 Raw

Bump.
Anyone know the keystrokes to get into the V8/V7's service menu?

Actually if anyone is willing to send dcraw a regular jpeg and a raw format he will write it into dcraw for you. He has already done so for my z65

newtonen New Member • Posts: 1
Re: Casio V8 Raw

I do with my ex-v7.

Turn on the camera (slide) while hold MENU and UP. In my camera apperas a white screen with "++ kx825 ++" and "Ver 1.03" in black letters.

I press quickly: DOWN, DOWN, RIGHT and MENU and appears a new white screen with a list:
1 : VERSION INFO
2 : USB TCC TEST
3 : ROM UPDATE
4 : LAST MEMORY
5 : FORMAT

Go to 2: USB TCC, if you want to see this menu all the times that you switch on the camera, press in 1: RIGHT, RIGHT, SET and automatically go to a new main menu with more options.

For RAW, go to 7: Image test and put the 1: BAYER MODE in ON

When you turn on the camera other time, you will see the menu and for RAW, you must to go to 7-1 other time.
If you don't want the RAW mode, press MENU and normal mode appears

The problem is: I CAN'T OPEN THE RAW FILE, i don't see nothing, only grey things Please, HELP ME! (@ newtonen_x|x_gmail-com)

Reksonn New Member • Posts: 4

HI !

" While the camera is off, Press and Hold the MENU and UP button.

-1 Immediately Press "DOWN, DOWN, DISP, MENU"

-2 To Unlock the Hidden Options, Go to Menu Option #2 Labeled "USB TCC TEST"

-3Under the FIRST Option, Labeled "USB TCC ON", Press "Right, Right, SET"

BUT (or)
-> in 3: " Under the FIRST Option, Labeled "USB TCC ON", Press "LEFT, LEFT, SET"

yes ! LEFT LEFT ! and NOT RIGHTx2 !

and look the service menu ! + 3 hidden lines (TWO PAGES)
--
EX-FH20

Anthony Sullivan Regular Member • Posts: 384
Re: CASIO z60 and z75 Service menu combo found.

Thanks for the find-it seems to work well-although on my Mac, a message appears saying the disk couldn't be recognized.

Anthony Sullivan's gear list:Anthony Sullivan's gear list
Leica D-LUX 4 Canon PowerShot S95 Fujifilm XF1 Canon PowerShot S200 Sony RX100 IV +1 more
sanzoghenzo New Member • Posts: 1

The thread is old, but I just tred that on my Exilim EX-H30 and it works (down, down, up, menu).

I got some raw images that gimp (ufraw/dcraw) cannot open, will send some to Dave...

laptopfullcare New Member • Posts: 4
Re: Nice Find.

RAW Files are 14.6MB in S ize for the Z1000.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads