Re: GR-D III f/1.9

one more thing

-- hide signature --
Shackleton Regular Member • Posts: 307

That would be a good start I think.

rondom Senior Member • Posts: 2,696

Presuming that the 35 mm equivalent 28mm focal length remains the same, the 6mm lens (as opposed 5.9 on grd2) suggests a larger sensor (although not significantly)
and may I ask the source of your photos?

OP Oddief1 Regular Member • Posts: 111

rondom wrote:

and may I ask the source of your photos?

Someone who works for a distributor in one of Asian countries.

One more info.

It has the "S" mode added. So Ricoh offers the complete photographer-mode now (PASM).

-- hide signature --
stewartpratt Contributing Member • Posts: 676

f/1.9 and another configurable Fn button. Good evolutionary stuff - thumbs up there.

The key for me is going to be the noise performance of the sensor. If I'm going to upgrade from the II, the low ISO needs to be no worse and the high ISO needs to be at least a stop better.

OP Oddief1 Regular Member • Posts: 111

My apology to you all if the info is coming one at a time as I'm still at work and would like to pass on as soon as I received the news.

So one more interesting info.

"HDR mode".

Oh yes, that's confirmed. It combines only two photos into HDR.

got to go home now.

-- hide signature --
EastRises Regular Member • Posts: 103

stewartpratt wrote:

f/1.9 and another configurable Fn button. Good evolutionary stuff - thumbs up there.

two thumbs up !!!

cheddargav Veteran Member • Posts: 4,493
Re: Date?

Don't apologise - as someone eyeing up the GRDII, I am very interested in the next version, just need to know whether I should wait or not, cheers

Oddief1 wrote:

My apology to you all if the info is coming one at a time as I'm still at work and would like to pass on as soon as I received the news.

"HDR mode".

got to go home now.

-- hide signature --
-- hide signature --

K20D+DA70 = blimmin marvelous!

cheddargav's gear list:cheddargav's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 6D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Canon EF 35mm F1.4L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +4 more
wbrandsma Regular Member • Posts: 269
Re: Date?

I suggest you to wait. It won't take long until the announcement I think.
--
Wouter Brandsma
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wouter28mm/
http://wouter28mm.wordpress.com/
http://www.seriouscompacts.com/

Kavu Contributing Member • Posts: 522
pricing

I wonder if they will bring the pricing down to CX territory or keep it high like the GRDII. I just bought the GRDII used for 300...and I'm not going to upgrade if the new camera is 700, that's for sure...I'll wait a couple of years...

Kavu's gear list:Kavu's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital Sony RX100 Sony a77 II Fujifilm X-Pro2 Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* +4 more
Re: pricing

I can't see them doubling the price, unless the sensor is much bigger, else people would simply go for an EP1

fingers crossed it's priced similarly to the GRDII

Kavu wrote:

I wonder if they will bring the pricing down to CX territory or keep it high like the GRDII. I just bought the GRDII used for 300...and I'm not going to upgrade if the new camera is 700, that's for sure...I'll wait a couple of years...

-- hide signature --

Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 6D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Canon EF 35mm F1.4L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +4 more
Kavu Contributing Member • Posts: 522

GRDII came out for 700...I'm thinking it'd be nice to see this one for 400 or less. Probably won't happen though judging from the dp-1 to dp-2 pricing...I'm guessing we'll be looking at 500-600 or so.

cheddargav wrote:

I can't see them doubling the price, unless the sensor is much bigger, else people would simply go for an EP1

fingers crossed it's priced similarly to the GRDII

Kavu wrote:

-- hide signature --

Kavu's gear list:Kavu's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital Sony RX100 Sony a77 II Fujifilm X-Pro2 Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* +4 more

Oddief1 wrote:

"HDR mode".

This one's interesting.

I'd assume (pointless as that is) that they're using a sensor from the same family as that in the CX1, ie one that supports this in hardware. In which case the question is, will it be capable of doing this in raw mode, or will it be JPEG only? If the former, it could be very useful; if the latter then it's in gimmick territory, a "comes free with the sensor so we might as well expose it" feature - as I assume the mosaic style burst mode in the GRD2 was.

marek b Contributing Member • Posts: 731

is the lens 6.0 or 8.0 mm? I'm not able to read it..

I thought they would go for slightly bigger LX3 sensor, but if it's 8.0mm it could even be a 2/3

the bigger lcd is nice, but it moves the controls too far to the right for my taste (compared to GRD I)

adal Regular Member • Posts: 232

I'd like to have some kind of stabilization...
this is my dream on new GRD III
Ad

more here:
http://ricohforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2814
(may be a good time to buy grd2)

Why do you say that? It looks almost identical but with a faster lens - provided they don't go crazy with the pricing, I see no problem...

rondom wrote:

more here:
http://ricohforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2814
(may be a good time to buy grd2)

-- hide signature --

Some interesting things in there.

A number of AF/MF related options including what looks like a configurable 'full-press' behaviour.

Then we have adjustable NR strength and an NR threshold, both of which should be rather popular.

And perhaps even a way of configuring the display - I wonder if we'll have a sensible uncluttered info display at last?

Looks good to me... Itching for some raw fiies to look at

I'm saying that because at its initial launch it is safe to expect a 200 dollar price difference between the two. (grd2 prices will inevitably drop and grd3 will be close to the suggested retail price) I am not sure if there is a IQ or feature improvement to justify that. Now, many were hoping for a m43 competitor, with interchangable lenses and a much larger sensor, which obviously this camera isn't-and I'm not disappointed at all frankly...the grd line has a unique character and I am glad they are improving it, instead of abandoning it.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads