First of the Fourth!

Started Jul 4, 2009 | Discussions
abdoozy
abdoozy Regular Member • Posts: 261
First of the Fourth!

(OK, these were taken on the 3rd, sorry)

This year there was a Friday night fireworks show in town, with a carnival, so I thought it would be a good oppo to play with the D90's auto-ISO capabilities, and grab a few explosions in the sky.

Carnival shots (70-300 VR):

The not-so-fun-house, judging by the gatekeeper.. ISO 1600, 1/320 @f4.5

Biker in training.. ISO 800, 1/320 @ f5.3

I didn't know they grew apples in Carmel.. but that might explain why they're four bucks each: ISO 400, 1/160 @ f4.8

And a few fireworks shots.

Sadly, there aren't any hyper-scenic ambient locations around here to provide context. So these are cropped for interest.
(all 18-105 VR, ISO 200, 10" @ f29, tripod of course, VR and AF off)

C&C welcome as usual.
--
yr. obt. svt.,
abdoozy

WSSA Member#160

abdoozy's gear list:abdoozy's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony a7 II Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS +11 more
JTatyosian Senior Member • Posts: 1,732
Re: First of the Fourth!

How did you get pictures of fireworks from tonight already?

-- hide signature --

John Tatyosian
Check out my site: http://sites.google.com/site/JTatyosian

abdoozy
OP abdoozy Regular Member • Posts: 261
Re: First of the Fourth!

JTatyosian wrote:

I picked up this "Extra-Super SDHC" card from a man in a raincoat with a metal hat on the streets of Bangkok. Haggled him down to five bucks.

When inserted the camera began to emit an eerie greenish glow and the time setting on the camera advanced by a day. Wouldn't let me reset it back. Odd, but it didn't seem to affect the image quality, so I left it in.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go take some pictures at the horse races...

yr. obt. svt.,
abdoozy

WSSA Member#160

abdoozy's gear list:abdoozy's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony a7 II Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS +11 more
Supr X
Supr X Veteran Member • Posts: 4,956
Too Funny!! :-)

abdoozy wrote:

JTatyosian wrote:

I picked up this "Extra-Super SDHC" card from a man in a raincoat with a metal hat on the streets of Bangkok. Haggled him down to five bucks.

When inserted the camera began to emit an eerie greenish glow and the time setting on the camera advanced by a day. Wouldn't let me reset it back. Odd, but it didn't seem to affect the image quality, so I left it in.
Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go take some pictures at the horse races...
yr. obt. svt.,
abdoozy
WSSA Member#160

Excellent!!
--
David~
WSSA Member #90

. . . shoot like there's no film in the thing!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads