Famous squirrel quotes ....

Started Apr 23, 2009 | Discussions
B Gavin Veteran Member • Posts: 3,588
Famous squirrel quotes ....

Well - I guess we finished off the Year of the Squirrel as of Feb 2009, so I thought it might be a good idea to have a look at what a few famous squirrels had to say during that time. A couple hours in the park and a pound of PEANUTS later, I had my research completed:

"The great question is not whether you have the best nut, but whether you are content with your nut." (Bill Squirrelspeare)

“Keep away from people who try to sic their dogs on you. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, are worthy of a PEANUT.”
(Mark 'Squirrely' Twain Jr.)

"Momma always said life is like a box of nuts. You never know what you're gonna get." (Forrest Squirrel)

"Fourscore and seven seasons ago our fathers introduced to this park a new grove of trees, conceived by burying precious acorns and dedicated to the proposition that all squirrels have the right to a home they can call ‘Tree, sweet tree’.” (Abe Nutcracker Sr)

"Heav'n has no Rage, like Love to Hatred turn'd,
Nor Hell a Fury, like a Squirrel scorn'd." ('Chippy' Congreve)

"Fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches." (The Squirrel of Winsor)

"All my life I used to wonder what I would become when I grew up. Then, a couple of years ago, I realized that I was a squirrel – and I didn’t actually WANT to grow up!!" (A. 'Hemlock' Peck)

"Things actually turn out best for the squirrels that make the best of the way things turn out." ( J. 'Bushy' Wooden)

“Every blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. I just so happens to like this park because here PEANUTS usually hit me on the head !!.” ('Nutty' Drewiske)

"The hardest challenge is to be a squirrel in a world where everyone is trying to make you be something else." (‘Cheeky’ Cummings)

"But soft! What light through yonder window breaks? It is the east and Juliette is the sun." (Romeo Butternuts) Yeah - he's still not over her ... yet!!

Shot (should I use that word around squirrels???) with a Sony F828 and a Metz 40 MZ-3i. Most were taken at ground level and at about 100mm (35mm equivalent). I thought I'd need a tele-converter when I started this - but it turns out I have a different problem. Those pesty little guys insist on climbing up my leg and coming so close that the camera can't focus and the flash can't meter properly on auto.

Maybe I should go back to shooting flowers - at least they stay put!!

Posted for your amusement,

BG
--
Feel free to disagree with me any time as long as you can do it politely!!

Deleted78792 Contributing Member • Posts: 886
Re: Famous squirrel quotes ....

B Gavin wrote:

Shot (should I use that word around squirrels???) with a Sony F828
and a Metz 40 MZ-3i. Most were taken at ground level and at about
100mm (35mm equivalent). I thought I'd need a tele-converter when I
started this - but it turns out I have a different problem. Those
pesty little guys insist on climbing up my leg and coming so close
that the camera can't focus and the flash can't meter properly on
auto.

Maybe they like the guy they see with one large strange looking eye?

Edit: Ok, I realize this is malformed, and funnier than it ought to be (at my cost!)
Suggestions on rephrasing most welcome!

One excellent quality photo essay, with a lot of fun and wisdom (some of which escaped me). Did you ever consider starting a photoblog? I'll subscribe to your feed and there will be more

best,
AP

OTD Forum Pro • Posts: 18,701
And very amused I was. Thanks for the LOLs............nt
-- hide signature --

Marion
Email casual-photos@q.com

web site

http://www.pbase.com/stf

meaness Senior Member • Posts: 2,941
BG.....

Thanks for sharing ...

ER_ Wizard
ER_ Wizard Forum Pro • Posts: 10,663
Well BG.....

If you only knew, the fan club in SA is growing to include my son and his girlfriend...they catch up on the episodes. Claire, being a real 'girl' loved the blue eyes and the eyelashes.

My favourites in this poetic group #1 - #11.

Cheers & LOL,
Jill
--

May the Focus be with you
707,717,828,R1,P8,H9,A700

 ER_ Wizard's gear list:ER_ Wizard's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX60 HS Sony 100mm F2.8 Macro Tamron SP AF 200-500mm F/5-6.3 Di LD (IF) Tamron 18-270mm F3.5-6.3 Di II PZD
busch
busch Forum Pro • Posts: 32,841
Famous as they well should be!

BG, every time I think you have reached the apex, you prove you have only begun! Now I can go have breakfast with a big smile on my face! Thanks!!

My daughter and I have often discussed how much your photos and stories remind us of a small series of childrens books that I use to read to her before she went to sleep. They were about Basil, Dewey and Willie (two badgers and a mole). She still has these after about 45 years and they are highly treasured in her huge book collection and we still enjoy looking at them together when I go to visit her.

Your photos and stories are every bit as good or better and certainly belong in the hands of children (and all who haven't grown up yet)!

-- hide signature --

Busch

Take the scenic route! Life is too short to do otherwise.

http://www.pbase.com/busch

 busch's gear list:busch's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 Sony RX10 III Sony a77 II Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G +12 more
OP B Gavin Veteran Member • Posts: 3,588
Re: Famous squirrel quotes ....

AnuragP wrote:

B Gavin wrote:

Shot (should I use that word around squirrels???) with a Sony F828
and a Metz 40 MZ-3i. Most were taken at ground level and at about
100mm (35mm equivalent). I thought I'd need a tele-converter when I
started this - but it turns out I have a different problem. Those
pesty little guys insist on climbing up my leg and coming so close
that the camera can't focus and the flash can't meter properly on
auto.

Maybe they like the guy they see with one large strange looking eye?
Edit: Ok, I realize this is malformed, and funnier than it ought to
be (at my cost!)
Suggestions on rephrasing most welcome!

One excellent quality photo essay, with a lot of fun and wisdom (some
of which escaped me). Did you ever consider starting a photoblog?
I'll subscribe to your feed and there will be more

best,
AP

Hi AP! Thanks very much for that complement - I'll seriously think it over!!

BG
--
Feel free to disagree with me any time as long as you can do it politely!!

OP B Gavin Veteran Member • Posts: 3,588
Re: And very amused I was. Thanks for the LOLs............nt

LOL Glad you enjoyed that Marion - and I think I had even more fun in the park with those little guys when I WASN"T taking pictures.

BG
--
Feel free to disagree with me any time as long as you can do it politely!!

OP B Gavin Veteran Member • Posts: 3,588
Re: BG.....

meaness wrote:

Thanks for sharing ...

LOL Fun and peanuts are always nice to share!! And you can quote me!!

BG
--
Feel free to disagree with me any time as long as you can do it politely!!

OP B Gavin Veteran Member • Posts: 3,588
Re: Well BG.....

ER_ Wizard wrote:

If you only knew, the fan club in SA is growing to include my son and
his girlfriend...they catch up on the episodes. Claire, being a real
'girl' loved the blue eyes and the eyelashes.

My favourites in this poetic group #1 - #11.

Cheers & LOL,
Jill
--

May the Focus be with you
707,717,828,R1,P8,H9,A700

Thanks for the fan club Jill !! Then two squirrels you picked out are also two that actually like sunflower seeds more than than peanuts!! They actually got into and emptied the sunflower seeds while I was busy taking pictures of some of their cute little friends!! LOL Wonder if posing so cutely was just a distraction tactic??

BG
--
Feel free to disagree with me any time as long as you can do it politely!!

OP B Gavin Veteran Member • Posts: 3,588
Re: Famous as they well should be!

busch wrote:

BG, every time I think you have reached the apex, you prove you have
only begun! Now I can go have breakfast with a big smile on my face!
Thanks!!

My daughter and I have often discussed how much your photos and
stories remind us of a small series of childrens books that I use to
read to her before she went to sleep. They were about Basil, Dewey
and Willie (two badgers and a mole). She still has these after about
45 years and they are highly treasured in her huge book collection
and we still enjoy looking at them together when I go to visit her.

Your photos and stories are every bit as good or better and certainly
belong in the hands of children (and all who haven't grown up yet)!

Well thanks very much Busch - Thats quite a complement!! I'll have to think that one over - LOL I will need some way to pay for all those future peanuts!!

BG
--
Feel free to disagree with me any time as long as you can do it politely!!

ER_ Wizard
ER_ Wizard Forum Pro • Posts: 10,663
Re: Well BG.....

just a slight correction, I said I liked 1 to 11 ( all of them !!)

So the diet is changing daily, now sunflower seeds!! I think you are spoiling them rotten ... but do not stop.
Cheers,
Jill
--

May the Focus be with you
707,717,828,R1,P8,H9,A700

 ER_ Wizard's gear list:ER_ Wizard's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX60 HS Sony 100mm F2.8 Macro Tamron SP AF 200-500mm F/5-6.3 Di LD (IF) Tamron 18-270mm F3.5-6.3 Di II PZD
bikeguy
bikeguy Forum Pro • Posts: 11,696
Well, I'm certainly glad...

you've got some time on your hands...continued laughs are most welcome
flowers, of course, would be great, too...

my favorite recently circulating quote:

"When you don't know how to handle a situation, do what a dog does: If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away..."

Cheers,
Charles

 bikeguy's gear list:bikeguy's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 7D Mark II Sony a6300 +9 more
OP B Gavin Veteran Member • Posts: 3,588
Re: Well, I'm certainly glad...

bikeguy wrote:

you've got some time on your hands...continued laughs are most
welcome
flowers, of course, would be great, too...

my favorite recently circulating quote:

"When you don't know how to handle a situation, do what a dog does:
If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away..."

Cheers,
Charles

LOL Funny you should mention that Charles - one of those little guys peed on me!! Have you been coaching my little buddies??????

BG
--
Feel free to disagree with me any time as long as you can do it politely!!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads