LX3 hotshoe cover

Started Apr 1, 2009 | Discussions
Vandyu Veteran Member • Posts: 8,897
Re: LX3 hotshoe cover

Nice photo. I'm thinking about getting one for my FZ150 as soon as we learn more about the one that's stuck on Liz's LX3. I think it might just need to be worked out with some pressure on the front, if that possible, and then installed and reinstalled a couple of times. Hope she gets it out OK and then can check it over.

Richard uses Delrin, a high grade plastic, for the hot shoe covers rather than aluminum as I first thought. According to DuPont, "Delrin® acetal resin bridges the gap between metals and ordinary plastics with a unique combination of creep resistance, strength, stiffness, hardness, dimensional stability, toughness, fatigue resistance, solvent and fuel resistance, abrasion resistance, low wear and low friction."

-- hide signature --

Are you ready to make someone's day a little brighter?

Vandyu's gear list:Vandyu's gear list
Nikon D80 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II +9 more
Bill McClung
Bill McClung Veteran Member • Posts: 3,364
Also Custom Cable Shutter Releases

FYI. Richard also makes custom cable shutter release units for the LX3 and LX5. Beautifully made and they work well.

-- hide signature --

Bill McClung (a.k.a. 'NC BILL')
Image galleries at http://www.pbase.com/nc_bill

NEVER BE AFRAID TO TRY SOMETHING NEW.
REMEMBER, AMATEURS BUILT THE ARK.
PROFESSIONALS BUILT THE TITANIC!

SJEspo New Member • Posts: 5

Thanks! I'd forgotten that is was Delrin. It doesn't bend or warp and slides in and out of the hot shoe nicely. Hopefully Liz can get it to budge without damaging the hot shoe...

Barrie Davis
Barrie Davis Forum Pro • Posts: 21,460
Good stuff, then?

Vandyu wrote:

According to DuPont, "Delrin® acetal resin bridges the gap between metals and ordinary plastics with a unique combination of creep resistance, strength, stiffness, hardness, dimensional stability, toughness, fatigue resistance, solvent and fuel resistance, abrasion resistance, low wear and low friction."

But does it BLEND?
--
Regards,
Baz

"Ahh... But the thing is, they were not just ORDINARY time travellers!"

Barrie Davis's gear list:Barrie Davis's gear list
Konica Minolta DiMAGE A2
To Liz.Z

Did you get your hot shoe cover off?
--

Nikon D80 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II +9 more
FRANCISCO ARAGAO
FRANCISCO ARAGAO Regular Member • Posts: 194

I borrowed mine from my old ZENIT camera, it fit perfectly.

-- hide signature --

FRANCISCO ARAGAO's gear list:FRANCISCO ARAGAO's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony DT 18-70mm F3.5-5.6 Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony Alpha DSLR-A200 Sony Alpha NEX-C3 +6 more
happy snapper uk
happy snapper uk Contributing Member • Posts: 563

Even if I won the lottery id not buy this for $59..CRAZY

happy snapper uk's gear list:happy snapper uk's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5 Fujifilm X10 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 +3 more
photoKinetic
photoKinetic Contributing Member • Posts: 830

I have recycled one from an Oly UZ750

SJEspo New Member • Posts: 5
Re: Good stuff, then?

Very good!

Cyril Catt Veteran Member • Posts: 4,747
Re: LX3 flash shoe cover

I lost mine in the first month. Cannot see a vital need to replace it.

(But I certainly need the lens cover, which is tethered to the right hand strap loop)
--
Cyril

Liz Z.
Liz Z. Senior Member • Posts: 1,272

Richard F. wrote back suggesting I use a wooden implement to push it out. I did that, and out it came! And then he offered to send me a new one, for free, that was machined a bit smaller. Now that's what I call good customer service....

Vandyu wrote:

Let us know what you find out. Hope it comes out without much trouble.
--

-- hide signature --

Liz

Liz Z.'s gear list:Liz Z.'s gear list
Sony RX100 Adobe Photoshop CS6 +1 more
Liz Z.
Liz Z. Senior Member • Posts: 1,272
Re: For us cheapies

Thanks!

myssvictoria wrote:

Liz, you should be able to find Foamies (made by Darice) in many crafty type stores or in the craft section of places like Walmart. A 9X12 2mm sheet should run less than $1.

Liz Z. wrote:

May I ask where you got that foam?
--
Liz

-- hide signature --

Liz

Liz Z.'s gear list:Liz Z.'s gear list
Sony RX100 Adobe Photoshop CS6 +1 more
All Covered Up!

I thought this shot of Olympus cameras with their HS covers was interesting. Someone believes in covers for sure.

-- hide signature --

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads