Leica D-Lux 4 and Voigtlander 28mm Viewfinder

Started Mar 12, 2009 | Discussions
YouOnlyLiveOnce Junior Member • Posts: 26
Leica D-Lux 4 and Voigtlander 28mm Viewfinder

Can someone please tell me if the Voigtlander 28mm viewfinder will allow the flash to work on the Leica D-Lux 4? If so, do you have a picture I can see. I'd like to order one from CameraQuest but Stephen Gandy doesn't know if the flash will clear the viewfinder. Thanks.

grendelX Regular Member • Posts: 266
The flash will clear.

Keep in mind this is the Voigtlander 28/35mm viewfinder. Not as wide but you can see outside lines a bit and takes some practice for good approximation. Very good size for D-Lux 4.

springerfever Regular Member • Posts: 110
Re: The flash will clear.
-- hide signature --

I also use the 28/35 mini-finder. I think it was pretty obvious the flash will clear with the Dlux-4 picture, but here's another with the finder attached to the LX3.

OP YouOnlyLiveOnce Junior Member • Posts: 26
Re: The flash will clear.

Actually on CameraQuest site, there is the new "28 Metal Brightline Finder -- Superb 28mm VF" (not squarish). You can search for this here:

http://www.cameraquest.com/voigtacc.htm

Will this one clear? Thanks.

l_objectif
l_objectif Forum Pro • Posts: 21,401
Re: Leica D-Lux 4 and Voigtlander 28mm Viewfinder

I was wonderring if 21mm worked better than 28 for dlux4! Anyone has 21mm for dlux4?
Thanks for your output,
Louis

l_objectif's gear list:l_objectif's gear list
Leica D-LUX 3 Leica D-LUX 4 Leica D-LUX 5 Leica D-Lux (Typ 109) Nikon D300 +12 more
Tony Wakefield
Tony Wakefield Regular Member • Posts: 140
Re: Leica D-Lux 4 and Voigtlander 28mm Viewfinder
-- hide signature --

I just bought a second hand Leica 28mm viewfinder and a Petri viewfinder which doesn't indicate the scope, but has Wide and Telephoto frame lines. I picked up both for les than US$50.00, and the Leica works great with the lens at the 24mm setting--it covers practically the same field of vision. The petri works well using the wide frame lines when the lens is zoomed all the way to 60mm, so go figure!

Both viewfinders allow the flash to pop up fully.

I suggest you look in your used equipment camera shops for a used scope.

Regards,
Tony

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads