D-lux 4 with wide angle converter Ricoh Dw-6

Started Feb 17, 2009 | Discussions
georgeorwell Regular Member • Posts: 236
D-lux 4 with wide angle converter Ricoh Dw-6

if someone interested i have just adapter the wonderful (optically talking) wide angle Ricoh DW-6 (for Gx200) to the dlux 4 with a simple step down filter

i have done some tests also and its sharp enough also at the extreme corner shooting in 16:9 format (i think you can reach 18mm circa with camera in 4:3 and 15-16mm if you set camera in 16:9 that can use the extreme part of sensor that woh is not used in 4:3 way)

for comparison, my old 18-270mm Tamron (sold) on a D90 at f4 (18mm )was a lot of less sharp(better say it was softer and blurried in the corner) then the leica with converter at 16mm

if someone interested in can put some 100% crops of the corner of frame with and whitout converter

here is the leica,hot it look

R David Boardman New Member • Posts: 8
Re: D-lux 4 with wide angle converter Ricoh Dw-6

Can you submit some pics? Looks very cool!! Is that a case for the D LUX 4? If so where did you get it?

OP georgeorwell Regular Member • Posts: 236

i will try to post some shots

regarding leather case, its an old case for a 30 years old camera, i m adapting to D-lux 4

you can find case like this in italy for 5 euro and are all of genuine leather, of course has to be adapted to the D-lux 4 with some small changes and cuts..

i have the original case but i dont like it

R David Boardman New Member • Posts: 8

I have just received a case from Leicatime.com from Luigi which was very expensive but great top quality leather, all hand stitched, but fits not quite as well as I thought it was going to and have debated whether to send it back, try to sell on ebay or go to a shoe repair or leather shop and have it modified a little. A lot of Leica owners have a case made by this case maker who specializes in cases for Leica cameras. The issue is the playback switch is a little harder to reach than expected and the eyelet in that side doesn't fit the opening as well as it should. Other than that it is a great looking well made case. Thanks for your input

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads