Will firmware upgrade erase my 5d2 settings such as AF Microadjustment?
took a quick look through manual and upgrade procedure, did not find this mentioned. I would expect user settings to be erased, if that is correct, is there a way to back them up and restore after the upgrade using the software that came with the camera? I didn't bother installing any of that yet - just got the camera few days ago.
not sure about 5DII however with 1D mark III series the AF microadjustment has not been affected by firmware changes as well as "camera reset" settings.
Also removing both batteries didn't clear them and actually the only way I know to reset MA setting is manual change into some other value including "0".
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%