S100fs blurred photo's help

Started Oct 27, 2008 | Discussions
tdkd13 Veteran Member • Posts: 9,410
Re: Ted ...

Lloydy wrote:

tdkd13 wrote:

Who are the detractors ? Those who do not use it, or have not figured
out how to use it.

For the sake of completeness you should add in the 113 review sites
that said at least one "detractive" statement.
Are you so naive as to assume that the only people who say bad things
about this camera have not used it or are not using it right? A
rather oversimplified approach to things dont you think? I know it
helps your world view to simply lump anyone who has said anything bad
about the S100 into a group as its easier to discredit a group than
to actually speak to any real facts, but it really does give the
impression that you have a rather tenuous hold on reality.
Ted

... I admit I have not read all reviews. Rather, I am using and
exploring the S100fs strengths.

Are you not finding ANY weaknesses then? You certainly seem to be implying that.

Tenuous hold on reality ? I know it delivers and extremely well.

The hold on reality comment has nothing at all to do with the cameras abilities. In the context it was written it's quite plain what I was attempting to say. I will reiterate here in case it is still unclear to you. What I mean is that it seems you cannot accept a single negative comment about this camera without clasifying the commentor into the group of nefarious bullies or the uneducated. The simple fact that you made the comment that the only detractors are those that never used the camera or those that dont know how to, points to the tenuousness of your grasp.

So, at the end of the day (throwaway statement) is that statement
above, or below, the belt ? Is it slandering, demeaning, belittling,
or a statement of fact ?

It is an opinion, which is the case with most other statements in this forum. It is neither intended to be above or below the belt, simply a statement of opinion.

Sound bullying to me and certainly does you no favours.

Yes, this doesnt surprise me in the least. Ever read the boy that cried wolfe?
Ted

-- hide signature --
Kim Letkeman
Kim Letkeman Forum Pro • Posts: 33,435
Re: One, two... a brand new stooge

Greg Photo Sydney wrote:

Just to put the record straight, because while this guy claims to be
a brilliant photographer - he obviously can't read (not the first).

No need to exaggerate. He reads just fine, as do we all.

Prime posted the wedding shots (that are the butt of this latest
poster's scorn) to illustrate the fact that at his son's wedding, a
'pro' was on a assignment. Blind Freddy can see that the shots posted
are outtakes illustrating his more important point.

I've seen this excuse crop up before ... the term "outtakes" is an excuse and nothing more. In a heated argument (what other kind do we have on this forum?), people post what they think is good enough to make the point while avoiding negative commentary, which dilutes the point. Most people post their best work. And that's a real problem in this case ...

Which surely is: the 'pro' was so confident of his skills that he
brought TWO assistants along to help out.

Real pros have assistants because they carry a lot of equipment. I did not have an assistant at the wedding I shot and was forced to carry all the equipment I needed around my neck. I could hardly walk at the end of 12 plus hours.

I would say this pro was pretty smart.

Prime pointed out that despite the 'pro' fire power, the happy couple
actually said the proud father of the groom made the best shots.

Yeah ... sure. Easy to say when nothing is posted by example.

This is not surprising. Any competent photographer that has personal
knowledge of the couple is going to creme the efforts of 99% of
'pros' at a wedding.

Not likely. What is possible is that the father of the bride knew who to capture because of meaningfulness of the relationship. That's a far cry from what you are implying. And by the way ... if the "pro" was not given that info, then there was not much of a contest, was there?

These people mostly treat this genre like a sausage factory, churning
out an endless stream of banal, predictable copies of every other
wedding shot we'd love to forget. I can't think of any couple I know
who have been genuinely excited about the results. Mostly it's a case
of post-nuptial pictorial depression.

That is quite true. Yet the good ones turn out imagery that will blow your mind. And it is true that some of them will use the Canon G9 or G10 when necessary (caught in a situation where they have only a compact on them) ... but the S100fs is too big to fill that role. If they are willing to carry that cam with the bracket and flash, they might as well carry the real deal.

I suspect that Prime could have repeated his triumph just using Mick
Steven's toy Casio, let alone needing the S100fs.

Nothing posted here suggested a triumph of any sort. If prime would like to post a link to his wedding gallery, we can all debate the nature of this "triumph" ... especially if we get to compare it against the pro's work.

Just when we thought the Nikon ninjas were running out of steam!

And you know what ... we all own Fuji cameras too

 Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Nikon D600 Nikon D7200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 +17 more
Lloydy
Lloydy Forum Pro • Posts: 19,589
Ted, Seriously ...

... If I go to the link you posted, I get 121x90px thumbnails.

If I click on the thumbnail, I get a 500x375px image.

If I click on that image I get a thumbnail. Am I missing something ?
--
Rgds, Dave.
Have fun - take lotsa pix.
http://www.redbubble.com/people/pixplanet

S100fs Examples - http://www.pixplanet.biz/Posting-stuff_5.htm

Post processing (PP) Tips - http://www.pixplanet.biz/Posting-stuff_7.htm

Kim Letkeman
Kim Letkeman Forum Pro • Posts: 33,435
OMG ... you nailed it!

tdkd13 wrote:

Dave, if you want to be the forum good guy, you really will have to
be objective. Your current role here is more like the nattily attired
pro wresters corner man who acts all prim and proper and such but
when the referee isn't looking clubs the other guy with his cane or
pokes him in the eyes.

Ted ... I have to say ... this is one of the most accurate portrayals I have ever read on any forum. I can hardly believe how accurately you nailed this fella ... wow.

 Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Nikon D600 Nikon D7200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 +17 more
Kim Letkeman
Kim Letkeman Forum Pro • Posts: 33,435
Re: So ...

Lloydy wrote:

... Are you agreeing with me ? Or, are you saying I should change my
brand of knickers ?

Taking a pounding ? Kim, simply, do you have an answer for the OP's
problem, other than - The S100fs is inadequate for weddings ?

I do not have an answer.

Honestly, you never do. So don't bother trying ...

In another part of the thread you are now whinging all over Ted about his bullying tactics. You use the term "another forum bully" to side swipe me. No big deal, that's just how you roll.

Yet you exude the bullying style in almost every post in every thread ... your name-calling being the most shameful of your issues ...

 Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Nikon D600 Nikon D7200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 +17 more
DrewE Senior Member • Posts: 2,053
Re: Ted, Seriously ...

Lloydy wrote:

... If I go to the link you posted, I get 121x90px thumbnails.

If I click on the thumbnail, I get a 500x375px image.

If I click on that image I get a thumbnail. Am I missing something ?

On the page with the 500x375px image, if you click on the "Get Original Uploaded Photo" link, you get...ah, but I won't spoil the surprise.
--
--DrewE

 DrewE's gear list:DrewE's gear list
Pentax K10D Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL Pentax smc DA 40mm F2.8 Limited Voigtlander 58mm F1.4 Nokton SL II +3 more
Kim Letkeman
Kim Letkeman Forum Pro • Posts: 33,435
Re: Ahem ...

Lloydy wrote:

... Please stick to the script. I stated :

"... I own the camera. I use the camera. I have stated I do not know
what the OP's issue really is as I cannot see original images.

Lie ? What is lying about that ?"

Please engage your brain ...

There is no "script." There is what you wrote and I called a lie. What you wrote above is not what I called a lie.

Sheesh ... like arguing with a sack of hammers.

 Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Nikon D600 Nikon D7200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 +17 more
Kim Letkeman
Kim Letkeman Forum Pro • Posts: 33,435
repeating yourself does not help ...
 Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Nikon D600 Nikon D7200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 +17 more
Kim Letkeman
Kim Letkeman Forum Pro • Posts: 33,435
stop embarrassing yourself ...
 Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Nikon D600 Nikon D7200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 +17 more
Lloydy
Lloydy Forum Pro • Posts: 19,589
Let me see ...

... I have many times stated that the S100fs will display CA at some focal lengths.

I have stated that this issue is fixable. I have also stated that 'green tinged' CA is more difficult to remove.

I have stated that, if shooting Raw, S7 Raw has a wonderful CA remover.

I have stated that at ISO1600 that the images are reasonable - Mind you, never excellent.

I have frequently stated that the lens is crisp, and clear, across all focal lengths.

I have also stated that the S100fs is very versatile.

I have never equated high ISO usage as being a strength.

After 7,000+ images, if it were a 'lemon' I would be scrapping it. I scrapped my 20D after much less ! By the way, never have shed a tear over that decision.

I find the S100fs more and more useable and versatile, the more I use it.

By the way, I have also stated that it is not perfect, but I am very happy with it.

Funny, I use it, and am happy with it !

Where did I go wrong ?
--
Rgds, Dave.
Have fun - take lotsa pix.
http://www.redbubble.com/people/pixplanet

S100fs Examples - http://www.pixplanet.biz/Posting-stuff_5.htm

Post processing (PP) Tips - http://www.pixplanet.biz/Posting-stuff_7.htm

Kim Letkeman
Kim Letkeman Forum Pro • Posts: 33,435
Re: Kim ...

Lloydy wrote:

... In one breath you state the 'S100fs is probably the best out there'.

"In its class" ... you always like to snip that part

The cameras in the next class up are in another league entirely, despite your strident assurances otherwise.

In another, you wish to (re), (re) hash an issue which is now a
non-event for most users.

You really think this is somehow an argument? It fails to even be grammatical.

Your 'shrink' bills must be huge.

(a) If my bills are shrinking, how can they be huge?

(b) The implication you are going for is that I am mentally unstable. How is this supposed to be consistent with your faux statesman baloney elsewhere in this thread? You whinge about others being bullies, then you call names in your next breath. It's just plain juvenile ...

 Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Nikon D600 Nikon D7200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 +17 more
Kim Letkeman
Kim Letkeman Forum Pro • Posts: 33,435
Re: Agree ...

Lloydy wrote:

... However, took you a long time to state it.

As Ted pointed out ... we have all said that this is the best cam in its class. You just go Rambo on everyone when there is even a single comment regarding the camera's weaknesses.

That prevents you from seeing what people are really saying.

And makes you respond without manners or dignity much of the time ...

 Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Nikon D600 Nikon D7200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 +17 more
tdkd13 Veteran Member • Posts: 9,410
Re: Here is the key Dave ...

Lloydy wrote:

... I have many times stated that the S100fs will display CA at some
focal lengths.

You have said that in a number of posts usually couched between praises, that is fine, however here is the key Dave, if I make that same exact statement you say I am being derisive and have not used the camera so am not entitled to make such a claim. I am not spending $700 just to be able to say the camera exhibits CA and PF, the reviewers did that already.

Ted

-- hide signature --
Lloydy
Lloydy Forum Pro • Posts: 19,589
Ah, Ah ....

... There is no such link on the page I view, or on a 'right click'.

I still ask - What am I missing ?

Example below.

-- hide signature --
Lloydy
Lloydy Forum Pro • Posts: 19,589
A sack of hammers ? ...

... Isn't that a little OT ?
--
Rgds, Dave.
Have fun - take lotsa pix.
http://www.redbubble.com/people/pixplanet

S100fs Examples - http://www.pixplanet.biz/Posting-stuff_5.htm

Post processing (PP) Tips - http://www.pixplanet.biz/Posting-stuff_7.htm

Lloydy
Lloydy Forum Pro • Posts: 19,589
It does ...

... You totally left out the first sentence. Was this intentional ?

" ... Ultimately, the OP has to decide 'how' to listen. Difficult choice. Comes down to two choices really.

1. I don't use the camera but I am an expert - Believe me, I know this camera's failings inside out.

2. I have the camera and have found this is the way to fix it's shortcomings. It's not perfect, but there are workarounds. I don't consider that it has failings. Rather, I look at it's strengths ... "
--
Rgds, Dave.
Have fun - take lotsa pix.
http://www.redbubble.com/people/pixplanet

S100fs Examples - http://www.pixplanet.biz/Posting-stuff_5.htm

Post processing (PP) Tips - http://www.pixplanet.biz/Posting-stuff_7.htm

Lloydy
Lloydy Forum Pro • Posts: 19,589
Do you have an answer ? ...

... Twist, turn, squeal ... No answer ?
--
Rgds, Dave.
Have fun - take lotsa pix.
http://www.redbubble.com/people/pixplanet

S100fs Examples - http://www.pixplanet.biz/Posting-stuff_5.htm

Post processing (PP) Tips - http://www.pixplanet.biz/Posting-stuff_7.htm

Lloydy
Lloydy Forum Pro • Posts: 19,589
I would never ask you ...

... To spend your hard earned cash on a solution which does not suit your needs. Check my postings. My very first post on FTF was about CA/PF on the S100fs.
--
Rgds, Dave.
Have fun - take lotsa pix.
http://www.redbubble.com/people/pixplanet

S100fs Examples - http://www.pixplanet.biz/Posting-stuff_5.htm

Post processing (PP) Tips - http://www.pixplanet.biz/Posting-stuff_7.htm

tdkd13 Veteran Member • Posts: 9,410
Re: Ah, Ah ....

Well Dave, the rest of us are able to see them which is also how we are able to comment on them. I guess we now see the reasons your comments seem so off point, you have yet to even look at the original posters problem. Perhaps you have been busy adding valueable content to the thread by chastising all the others who have not offrered a solution. Yet you haven't even given the shots a glance yet, pity the thread is almost done and your just starting.
Ted

Lloydy
Lloydy Forum Pro • Posts: 19,589
I am embarassed ...

... That any point I post fails to get a half-reasonable solution from you.

I would not even waste my time 'cyber-net' talking with you except for the fact that you profess to know all the answers.

Do you have a solution for the OP ? Or, do you just wish to engage in a little' high brow' discussion over non-relevant points ?
--
Rgds, Dave.
Have fun - take lotsa pix.
http://www.redbubble.com/people/pixplanet

S100fs Examples - http://www.pixplanet.biz/Posting-stuff_5.htm

Post processing (PP) Tips - http://www.pixplanet.biz/Posting-stuff_7.htm

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads