Art appreciation at Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek - Copenhagen

Started Oct 1, 2008 | Discussions
doctordave Veteran Member • Posts: 9,016
Art appreciation at Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek - Copenhagen

This art museum is a very enjoyable one to visit. The color scheme and lighting inside makes the displays so much more inviting than some of the more stuffy museums you can visit worldwide. The Carlsberg in the name is due to foundation money provided by the Carlsberg beer fortune. Infact it was first built to house art collections of the son of the founder of Carlsberg Brewery. It has grown to include several buildings around a central atrium, a sort of green house with tropical/subtropical plants.

The first pic here is of a little girl I saw looking at some paintings and photographing them. She was no more than 8 years old.

Cupid Awakens Psyche with the Tip of His Arrow - Christian Gottlieb - 1815

The paintings are fun to view in this setting, but the sculpture collection is one of the best and if you are short on time looking at them is good way to spend it.

The Roman Classical Hall

Tiberius

Pompey the great.

Afrodite

Egyptian Section

Nursing Mother - In the modern sculpture section.

Maternal instruction - Eugène Delaplanche - 1888

doctordave's gear list:doctordave's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic LX100 Panasonic ZS100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +11 more
OP doctordave Veteran Member • Posts: 9,016
Some more if you liked the first set.

Girl with dead bird - Jens Adolph Jerichau

Joan of Arc listening to the heavenly voices - Henri Chapu - 1870

The First Funeral - Louis-Ernst Barrias 1892

The Child Mozart - Louis-Ernst Barrias 1891

Ludwig van Beethoven - Eugène Guillaume 1870

The Kiss - Rodin

The Thinker - Rodin

What is it about a woman and a snake?

The building.

Atrium - Winter Garden

Water Mother Scultpure in Garden

The most famous sculpture in Copenhagen

Gefion Fountain

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic LX100 Panasonic ZS100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +11 more
rafinmelb Veteran Member • Posts: 8,814
Interesting set Dave....

like the first particularly, perhaps a portrait crop without the picture on the right would be tad more punchy.

At any rate I did not know much about this place, so thanks for sharing this with some nice pics.
--
Rafael (eFZed30 and Dee300)
http://rafael.zenfolio.com/ (referral code on my page)

Lechero Veteran Member • Posts: 6,208
Re: Art appreciation at Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek - Copenhagen

doctordave wrote:

The first pic here is of a little girl I saw looking at some ........

Thanks very much Doctordave, for the very nice tour. The pic with the little girl is my choice. Frequently, I prefer photos where the subject is people.
Best regards,

Eduardo

Image Anne Veteran Member • Posts: 5,253
Re: Some more if you liked the first set.

Very enjoyable set Doc. The 1st. is a precious candid..I'll bet before long she'll be as hooked as the rest of us! Love the lighting and clarity in these images! Did you use the new cam?

Robin-Lee:)

-- hide signature --

http://www.robinlee.zenfolio.com

Panny Z50, Z18,
OlEE3, 12-60mm,70-300, Summilux 25mm

danielsonkin
danielsonkin Forum Pro • Posts: 11,713

Excellent series, Dave. I particularly like that first shot with the girl. The indoor photography is incredibly good. I forget which camera you have, but which ever one it is, it does indoor shooting really well.

We loved going to museums in Norway, where they are very loose about using photography. We loved seeing those classic paintings and sculptures.
Take care,
Danie
--
http://danielsonkin.smugmug.com/
FX01 & FZ50

danielsonkin's gear list:danielsonkin's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50 Apple iPhone 7 Plus +1 more
Re: Some more if you liked the first set.

Thanks Robin-lee. These were done with FZ50.

Re: Interesting set Dave....

Thanks Raf. I see how that crop will help the image.

Thanks Eduardo. It was good to see some one of that age take such an interest in art and photography.

Thanks Dani. These were taken with the FZ50. Great camera. I really like it. I have some pics from Oslo that I will post later.

Urbanito Veteran Member • Posts: 4,105

What a great collection, Dave!.. Thank you very much to let us share your emotions expressed by the photos you choose.
Kind regards to Lanora.
Joao

Thanks Joao

Good to hear from you. Lenora is doing fine. Hope you both are well.

Jack Brandt217
Jack Brandt217 Forum Pro • Posts: 12,826

Excellent series Dr Dave. Tiberius seems to have lost his hand but poor tiberius lost his head.

Jack

Thanks Jack. Seems like these roman emperors lived treacherously and died treacherously.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads