New 5DmkII pics!! - Pro wedding pics =)

Started Sep 20, 2008 | Discussions
SageTCR Regular Member • Posts: 421
New 5DmkII pics!! - Pro wedding pics =)
Victor Engel Forum Pro • Posts: 19,355
Very nice -nt
 Victor Engel's gear list:Victor Engel's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 600D Canon EOS 5DS Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II +13 more
Rob Dose Regular Member • Posts: 146
Re: New 5DmkII pics!! - Pro wedding pics =)

the 800 ISO one is perfectly clean however none of the images i have seen yet provide any decent detail at the pixel level.

It actually looks like it has been uprezzed.

I would have prefered seeing a ISO 100 shot because i want to know what type of detail I can get out of it.

upnorthfar Regular Member • Posts: 492

ISO 800 looks amazing even at 100% crop. And it's 21Mp.

On the screen ISO 1600 is a little soft at 100%, but I guess it's expected. Probably looses nothing to Nikon FF when printed. It's 21Mp 100% we are looking.

audiblesilence Junior Member • Posts: 43
Nice, thanks.

This really helps my decision to get the 5dMkii. I plan to use my 24-70 2.8L on the 5dMk2 and the 70-2002.8 IS on my 40D for weddings.

Joachim Gerstl
Joachim Gerstl Veteran Member • Posts: 8,662
Finally the first decents shot. Though with DOF and focus issues.

I also would love to see images taken with ISOs below 400.

-- hide signature --
 Joachim Gerstl's gear list:Joachim Gerstl's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +6 more
Victor Engel Forum Pro • Posts: 19,355

It would also be nice to know what the noise control settings were for the shots.
--
http://www.pbase.com/victorengel/

Victor Engel's gear list:Victor Engel's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 600D Canon EOS 5DS Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II +13 more
Rob Dose Regular Member • Posts: 146

I have a feeling that the in camera JPG files are really heavy on the noise reduction, and that is why there is so little detail.

I would really love to see a raw file of a 50mm prime shot. Cant wait.

Joachim Gerstl
Joachim Gerstl Veteran Member • Posts: 8,662
Request to all people able to test the 5DmkII

I have to add:

I think that the model, expression and composition and colors of the shots are wonderful. I have a problem with the complete lack of detail. I think it is either by using a zoom wide open ( 70-200/2.8 ), the shallow DOF and simple missfocus on some shots. On one the eye that is farther away looks sharper. Still not sharp.

My request to anybody who get this camera for testing. Attach the 135L. Set aperture to f4 and ISO below 400 ( I would love to see 100ASA ).

It´s nice to see that 6400ASA can be used ( if it´s the only chance to get an image of BigFoot ) but I really want to see what this camera can do in real world applications.

-- hide signature --
 Joachim Gerstl's gear list:Joachim Gerstl's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +6 more
Habakuk New Member • Posts: 9
Re: Finally the first decents shot. Though with DOF and focus issues.

This looks incredibly soft to me. No detail rendered. What a huge disappointment. I will wait for more samples before making my final decision, but this is anything but promising. I am increasingly worried about this camera.

zape Senior Member • Posts: 1,062
Hmm

Very little noise indeed, that's nice. However, the ISO 6400 images look like watercolor, devoid of details. I hope the raw files can be processed better.

SageTCR wrote:

Enjoy!!

http://www.prophotonut.com/2008/09/20/canon-5d-mk2-high-iso-pictures/#more-724

-- hide signature --

br
ZapE

Taikonaut Senior Member • Posts: 2,513

ISO 1600 is like ISO 200 on the 40D. This is insane.

OP SageTCR Regular Member • Posts: 421

The ISO800 shoot is truly fantastic, but the higher iso ones looks little soft. Wounder why?

natureman Veteran Member • Posts: 3,979

Doesn't it seem strange that none of the images were shot below 800 ISO?

commangor Regular Member • Posts: 314

Very clean at ISO1600, much better detail than those I saw from my friend's D3.
--
No hesitation when capturing moments.

Helping other is doing good for yourself, and treating the earth a little better will help the next generation.
http://moments.zenfolio.com

It is NR for Jpeg. I am sure RAW will resolve detail and noise handling better. Still the ISO 800 example looks like ISO 100 on my 40D.

KiboOst
KiboOst Senior Member • Posts: 1,187
Re: Hmm

exactly what I think. Sure there is not much noise, but neither details and all is smudgy. That's what I see on last DSLRs (even testing 1Ds3), the original signal isn't really better, but the denoise algos/softwares for jpeg put less noise, and less details.

Intrisicly, sensors are not really better than DigicII generation, it is just the signal treatment that change. But that's somewhat good, I shoot low iso and raw only, and my 1DsII have really still little competition ...

my 2cent
Nico
--
http://www.nicolasgenette.com

KiboOst's gear list:KiboOst's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon TS-E 90mm f/2.8 Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM +5 more
thundercat Regular Member • Posts: 460

The images look impressive.

However, I have a few questions.

Which lenses were used for these pictures?

Was noise reduction turned off or on for these shots?

What lighting equipment was used during the photo shoot?

OP SageTCR Regular Member • Posts: 421

Im pretty sure he used 70-200/2,8L during all these shoots.
No clue about the NR.

Correction

In fact ISO 800 jpeg shots looks better than ISO 100 on my 40D RAW files with DPP chroma NR at full.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads