LX3: Where I can buy this accessory ? See image !

Started Sep 13, 2008 | Discussions
arrakis99 Regular Member • Posts: 278
LX3: Where I can buy this accessory ? See image !

Hi all,

Today I've discovered a very useful accessory for the LX3: a "rapid" lens protector (see image below) I think that the lens push the "petals" of the cap when the camera is turned on...

... where I can buy it ? Anyone knows its name and/or its Panasonic part number ?

Thanks !

-- hide signature --

Giulio Acerbi
Nikon D80 + 50 1.8 + 55-200VR + 16-85VR + SB400
Panasonic LX3 & FX01

Joffun Contributing Member • Posts: 791
Re: LX3: Where I can buy this accessory ? See image !

Where did you find the photo? Perhpas you could ask the person who posted it; it would be a useful alternative to the standard cap

Joffun's gear list:Joffun's gear list
Sony a6000
egnarorm New Member • Posts: 1

I'm afraid I don't have an answer, but if you DO find the answer through the source of that photo, can you please share it here? that looks like a very useful cap to have. Thanks!

Kirwin
Kirwin Veteran Member • Posts: 7,372
Ricoh LC-1 Auto Lens Cap
 Kirwin's gear list:Kirwin's gear list
Sony a6600 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Tamron 17-70 F2.8 Di III-A VC RXD +2 more
FRiC Regular Member • Posts: 409

It's the Ricoh LC-1 for the Ricoh GX200, but it also fits a number of similar cameras.

FRiC's gear list:FRiC's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon EOS 30D
OP arrakis99 Regular Member • Posts: 278
Re: Ricoh LC-1 Auto Lens Cap

I've found the photo on Flickr.
Here is the link to the full gallery:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kdx/

The ricoh "self retaining cap" will fit on my lx3 ???

-- hide signature --

Giulio Acerbi
Nikon D80 + 50 1.8 + 55-200VR + 16-85VR + SB400
Panasonic LX3 & FX01

Kirwin
Kirwin Veteran Member • Posts: 7,372
Re: Ricoh LC-1 Auto Lens Cap

arrakis99 wrote:

I've found the photo on Flickr.
Here is the link to the full gallery:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kdx/

The ricoh "self retaining cap" will fit on my lx3 ???

I have no idea. I just happened to recognize that lens cap. You might consider asking the person who took this picture on Flickr. Good luck.

-- hide signature --
 Kirwin's gear list:Kirwin's gear list
Sony a6600 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Tamron 17-70 F2.8 Di III-A VC RXD +2 more
PC Wheeler
PC Wheeler Forum Pro • Posts: 17,902

FRiC wrote:

It's the Ricoh LC-1 for the Ricoh GX200, but it also fits a number of
similar cameras.

From comment at that site:

"Kaiyang! Pro User says:

you can use the lc-1 on a lx3?!
Posted 2 weeks ago. ( permalink )
view profile
eos.kdx Pro User says:

Yes.
but It is necessary to work it.
and this case has a little problem. ( when 60mm , a litele vignetting )
Now I 'm making new customize version LC-1.:-)"

Problem is likely that at full zoom the lens is well retracted and the petals close.

You can order it from Adorama via Amazon.

-- hide signature --

Phil .. Canon EOS 40D, 20D, G9, SD700IS; Panasonic LX3, TZ5; Fuji F31fd.
http://www.pbase.com/phil_wheeler
http://www.flickr.com/photos/phil_ox/

PC Wheeler's gear list:PC Wheeler's gear list
Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS Panasonic ZS100 Sony RX10 IV
ericN2
ericN2 Forum Pro • Posts: 17,113
What about when on the LX2 ?

Yes.
but It is necessary to work it.
and this case has a little problem. ( when 60mm , a litele vignetting )
Now I 'm making new customize version LC-1.:-)"

Problem is likely that at full zoom the lens is well retracted and the petals close.

Well, with respect to the above , as on the LX3 .. the LX2 does NOT retract the lens as much - in fact there is no great difference in lens outward position between full Wide and full Tele - not enough it seems , to allow the three blades of the LC-1 to close at all with any ill-effect.

So - has anybody any real idea as to whether this LC-1 will be OK if on the LX2 . THAT I have , but not as yet the LX3..

And as this LC-1 is (would you believe it !) approx =$40 (!!!) in UK .. no way do I wish to buy one 'on speculation' unless it is certain that it works OK

I'm not at all sure what Panny have done but I believe the extreme front of the LX3 extended lens is just a little different than that of the LX2 - regarding the normal clip-on cap I think..

I did see one YouTube type show of this LC-1 cap and it LOOKED as though you kind of 'bayonet' turn it onto the actual Ricoh camera, so how that affects it on a Panny I don't know.. although the posted pic here , actually on a Panny , does seem to show that it does go onto the lens OK.

-- hide signature --

eric-UK

PC Wheeler
PC Wheeler Forum Pro • Posts: 17,902
Re: What about when on the LX2 ?

ericN2 wrote:

I'm not at all sure what Panny have done but I believe the extreme
front of the LX3 extended lens is just a little different than that
of the LX2 - regarding the normal clip-on cap I think..

I think so, Eric. The LX2 cap seems to be a push over design, the LX3 a conventional clip-inside design at about 39 mm ID (I plan to find one as a replacement in case I lose my supplied one).

Loving the LX3. Got some usable ISO 800 shots last night under low light. Cleaned up very nicely with Neat Image plug in .. but could have been printed at least 5x7 as they were out of the camera. Wife says wide shots indoors look almost 3D.

-- hide signature --

Phil .. Canon EOS 40D, 20D, G9, SD700IS; Panasonic LX3, TZ5; Fuji F31fd.
http://www.pbase.com/phil_wheeler
http://www.flickr.com/photos/phil_ox/

PC Wheeler's gear list:PC Wheeler's gear list
Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS Panasonic ZS100 Sony RX10 IV
ericN2
ericN2 Forum Pro • Posts: 17,113
Re: What about when on the LX2 ?

PC Wheeler wrote:

ericN2 wrote:

I'm not at all sure what Panny have done but I believe the extreme
front of the LX3 extended lens is just a little different than that
of the LX2 - regarding the normal clip-on cap I think..

I think so, Eric. The LX2 cap seems to be a push over design, the
LX3 a conventional clip-inside design at about 39 mm ID (I plan to
find one as a replacement in case I lose my supplied one).

Loving the LX3. Got some usable ISO 800 shots last night under low
light. Cleaned up very nicely with Neat Image plug in .. but could
have been printed at least 5x7 as they were out of the camera. Wife
says wide shots indoors look almost 3D.

Phil -

Nope - the LX2 is still the clip-on type .. there is just a small outer 'rim' that sticks out from the very front of the extended lens .. it has a recess ring and THAT is what the LX2 cap spring-clips onto.

Same basic idea I feel sure, to the LX3 arrangement , but I have seen some small note about a slight difference .. really not sure just WHAT .. unless the LX3 cap is just a bit deeper than the LX2 cap .. so that's maybe why the LX3 sticks out (lens+cap) just a teeny bit more ..it IS only a fraction at most , I'm sure , but otherwise as this Ricoh cap clearly fits the LX3 (by the pic here at beginning of the thread) it must surely fit the LX2 also - and that dratted stringed cap just HAUNTS Me ..it is a pain - except a silly little thing I saw in a post here - tie it to the LEFT side instead.. may well make all the difference , it then not being in your 'shooting hand' !!

Glad to hear you are enjoying the LX3 though. I don't know what stopped me going for it at early this week when a UK firm here was way below all others and a good (for us) price. Then they went out of stock as I think a mention on Forum got everybody moving. So I waited - they now have more..but the beggars have put it up by =$30 ... and it's a bad enough comparison to US price anyway - so I'm just not biting at that , as yet.

But I keep finding and d/loading a lot of newer pics .. and I just see something that I've not seen for many many years .. a pic that has an f2 Summicron look that I think ONLY can come from an f2 Summicron. It's almost indefinable.. but it's THERE.. all that ungodly light that is let in... WOW !!

-- hide signature --

eric-UK

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads