Home, home on the range..

Started Sep 8, 2008 | Discussions
MacDeb Senior Member • Posts: 1,137
Home, home on the range..

No deer or antelope- but what do you think? I'm a newbie looking to improve- but would like to know what you like about it too.
I like the heavy saturation I put on it.

thanks,
Deborah

lupin_le_vorace Regular Member • Posts: 141
Re: Home, home on the range..

Very nice results although I don't really like what you did with the sky...

Jeri_ Contributing Member • Posts: 537
Great job! :-)

Hi Deborah!

I love both of these! I think your PP is really fun and adds a lot of interest. I need to learn how you did this.

The first picture of the gate. I think this photo is well balanced – something we often talk about in this forum. A photo has to be well balanced. I find the gate itself very interesting – the tilt, the chain, the peeling paint, all of it. Yet when my eye wanders, I also find the fence in the background very interesting. Actually, my eyes have so much to look at in what at first glance might be considered a “simple” photo – but is anything but. I am drawn to this photo and can look at it for a long time. Well done.

Second photo. This too is well done and well balanced. It tells a story. The beginning of the story is of course the fence which has so much charm. The middle of the story is the tractor and what we think it is doing. Does the driver own the land? Is he turning over a crop? What lives to the right of the fence? All of these questions and more spring to mind. The end of the story are the hills in the background. What a lovely place to live and work.

I can see why the previous poster didn’t love the sky – it’s a bit mottled. Is this a result of your PP’ing? I really like how you have PP’d these, but I wonder if you could play with the skies a bit more???

Really a great job Deborah. Thanks for posting.

Jeri

-- hide signature --

Don't worry about making a mistake - - as long as you learn from it.

Jerdog Contributing Member • Posts: 987
-- hide signature --

Hi,
nice shots, except I really don't like the sky either on #2
btw where is this?...it looks familiar.

chosen1 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,028

i dont like the PP that much because it messed up the sky, and sky in pictures is soo important to the composition.

OP MacDeb Senior Member • Posts: 1,137
Thank you all

These were taken in Hidden Valley, CA. I will work on the sky and keep the rest
Jeri, thanks for your great input it was very much appreciated!
Deborah

cosilver Senior Member • Posts: 2,443
Re: Thank you all

Hi Deborah, I like the almost fantasy-like feel to these pictures. It's a different way to portray the scenery, very expressive. I too will jump on the bandwagon and say that if you make the sky look smooth, then that would really complete the images very well. Not to mention it would remove that ugly sky you have there that takes away from some very nice images

Thanks for sharing!

-- hide signature --

Albert-O
-----------
Please visit me at
http://www.berto.zenfolio.com

OP MacDeb Senior Member • Posts: 1,137
Thank you Albert

That means alot. Your pictures of the coast were beautiful
Deborah

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads