Release Date of A900 revealed

Started Aug 20, 2008 | Discussions
imeasy New Member • Posts: 18
Release Date of A900 revealed

September 10th, 10:00 AM.
This is the date for China, in Shanghai, information from SONY directly.

The price will be around 18000-19000 CNY (2700 USD or 1800 Euro). Several lenses will be released on the meantime.

More information can be found here (Chinese):
http://forum.xitek.com/showthread.php?threadid=533980
http://tech.163.com/digi/08/0820/11/4JPLHI9U001624J2.html
--
The art of observing the reality.

gpr2020 Senior Member • Posts: 1,859
Re: Release Date of A900 revealed

In china it will be RMB 15000.00 what is about USD 2222.00

kindgott Regular Member • Posts: 159
Spain date is september 9th, supposedly

According to a not very reliable poster, the spanish date would be september 9th...

Don't know what to think, but very probably it will be presented before Photokina, which starts on sep 23, so... too much speculation about the exact date but soon we will have it presented anyway

MaxFX Contributing Member • Posts: 561
Re: Release Date of A900 revealed

I don't think that camera will sell less than 3K... I hope it does thou...

-- hide signature --

MaxFX

eyefuse Contributing Member • Posts: 700
What's with the cheap price?

What can we get for 2000€? Just the MP? Poor FPS, weather seals and build?

I'd almost rather pay 2500-3000€ for a bit more.. But if it's like the A700, FF and around 2K€, I'll get it anyway.

-- hide signature --
olivegarden
olivegarden Senior Member • Posts: 1,245
This is legit

About damn time !

imeasy wrote:

September 10th, 10:00 AM.
This is the date for China, in Shanghai, information from SONY directly.
--
The art of observing the reality.

-- hide signature --

http://jozphoto.com

Natural, the Way Photo Should Be

 olivegarden's gear list:olivegarden's gear list
Nikon D5 Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Sony a9 Nikon D3500 +2 more
cgarrard
cgarrard Forum Pro • Posts: 15,712
Here we go again.
mike_2008 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,635
Re: Here we go again.

you know, after a certain point having the fountain of all wisdom making snide comments at everything that is not pronounced by himself gets a little bit old.

seems to me that you're constrained by an nda, so you will not be able to give us any information that sony won't give us anyway when the time comes. So why not be quiet? You keep saying 'sigh', but I wouldn't be surprised at all if this leak is real and you have been fed a line. And you can't tell me otherwise without breaking nda. So be quiet, please.

cgarrard wrote:

sigh.
--
http://www.carlgarrardphotography.com

-- hide signature --
 mike_2008's gear list:mike_2008's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A77 Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +5 more
olivegarden
olivegarden Senior Member • Posts: 1,245
Come to join the party

I will be at Burning Man next Tuesday, drop in to say hello & have a drink with my fellow burners.

cgarrard wrote:

sigh.
--

-- hide signature --

http://jozphoto.com

Natural, the Way Photo Should Be

 olivegarden's gear list:olivegarden's gear list
Nikon D5 Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Sony a9 Nikon D3500 +2 more
NickGreen Regular Member • Posts: 307
Exclusive news ONLY correct at Alphamountworld...?

Carl,

Is that what you're trying to say? Maybe I'm being niave, I can't see anything wrong with the first post. Correct me if you know something better!

Regards,

Nick

ck3
ck3 Senior Member • Posts: 2,925
Seems to be the real deal...

A serious German magazine also reported that the camera will be presented at that date. I would be careful with international pricing assessments based on simple exchange rate conversions. These are more often than not quite misleading. Even if the price is correct for the Chinese market, the Dollar and Euro prices will be different.

mike_2008 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,635
Re: Seems to be the real deal...

Agreed; at the very least we need to add 20% tax to the euro price. The dollar price might be closer to reality; if so it will definitely put a fire under the ff market.

I'm curious as to the 'lens releases in the meantime'... there's only 20 days before the 10th sept, they'll have to start pretty soon

ck3 wrote:

A serious German magazine also reported that the camera will be
presented at that date. I would be careful with international pricing
assessments based on simple exchange rate conversions. These are more
often than not quite misleading. Even if the price is correct for the
Chinese market, the Dollar and Euro prices will be different.

-- hide signature --
 mike_2008's gear list:mike_2008's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A77 Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +5 more
olivegarden
olivegarden Senior Member • Posts: 1,245
Re: Seems to be the real deal...

Actually, you can buy Sony products safely in China or Far East where they carry international warranty to save quite a few bucks

ck3 wrote:

A serious German magazine also reported that the camera will be
presented at that date. I would be careful with international pricing
assessments based on simple exchange rate conversions. These are more
often than not quite misleading. Even if the price is correct for the
Chinese market, the Dollar and Euro prices will be different.

-- hide signature --

http://jozphoto.com

Natural, the Way Photo Should Be

 olivegarden's gear list:olivegarden's gear list
Nikon D5 Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Sony a9 Nikon D3500 +2 more
mike_2008 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,635
Re: Seems to be the real deal...

lol, if you're brave you can buy the A900 here:

http://www.muller-photo-service.fr/boutique/sony-alpha-boitier-p-2445.html?manufacturers_id=19

for 2490 euro, available from 30 sept

-- hide signature --
 mike_2008's gear list:mike_2008's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A77 Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +5 more
moire Senior Member • Posts: 1,886
Re: Seems to be the real deal...

2500 € !!

-- hide signature --

A700 owner - Using the Cream machine - Minolta STF !

kindgott Regular Member • Posts: 159
Re: Here we go again.

mike_2008 wrote:
you know, after a certain point having the fountain of all wisdom
making snide comments at everything that is not pronounced by himself
gets a little bit old.

seems to me that you're constrained by an nda, so you will not be
able to give us any information that sony won't give us anyway when
the time comes. So why not be quiet? You keep saying 'sigh', but I
wouldn't be surprised at all if this leak is real and you have been
fed a line. And you can't tell me otherwise without breaking nda. So
be quiet, please.

cgarrard wrote:

sigh.

Totally agree. Your last comments show an attitude of superiority over the rest, like "I know a lot of things and you all are just saying stupidities" that does not help anyone.

So if you don't contribute with information, these kind of post only reveal that odious attitude.

You can't say what you know? Ok, but don't play that game because there are a lot of users getting tired of it.

ck3
ck3 Senior Member • Posts: 2,925
Re: Seems to be the real deal...

olivegarden wrote:

Actually, you can buy Sony products safely in China or Far East where
they carry international warranty to save quite a few bucks

Of course you have to add the not insignificant travel expenses then :-). As to buying over the Internet - so far every time I ordered something from Hong Hong I had to pay customs and VAT and afterwards the price difference wasn't so significant anymore. For the vast majority of buyers their local price is the important one.

olivegarden
olivegarden Senior Member • Posts: 1,245
Re: Seems to be the real deal...

I feel you.

I have sold half dozen lenses to people in EU, each time I always make sure I write "gift, not worth more than $50" on the shipping label.

LoL

ck3 wrote:

olivegarden wrote:

Actually, you can buy Sony products safely in China or Far East where
they carry international warranty to save quite a few bucks

Of course you have to add the not insignificant travel expenses then
:-). As to buying over the Internet - so far every time I ordered
something from Hong Hong I had to pay customs and VAT and afterwards
the price difference wasn't so significant anymore. For the vast
majority of buyers their local price is the important one.

-- hide signature --

http://jozphoto.com

Natural, the Way Photo Should Be

 olivegarden's gear list:olivegarden's gear list
Nikon D5 Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Sony a9 Nikon D3500 +2 more
Corkcampbell
Corkcampbell Forum Pro • Posts: 18,895
Huh? What do you mean by "international warranty?" The warranty on

Sony products is usually country or region-specific.

 Corkcampbell's gear list:Corkcampbell's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony RX100 III Sony RX10 III Leica C-Lux +8 more
cgarrard
cgarrard Forum Pro • Posts: 15,712
Omg you guys

Relax please.

Has nothing to do with my other site for crying out loud.

Maybe its best afterall if certain new people (first post here in almost a year a week ago) are allowed to raise unrealistic expectations about what is being announced, without someone trying to steer ya'll in a possibly better direction.

You win, nothing more on the subject at all from me. I just can't win! Better to be quiet, your right.

Carl

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads