Z3100 and canvas - possible to load and use?

Started Aug 1, 2008 | Discussions
robohub New Member • Posts: 12
Z3100 and canvas - possible to load and use?

Hi,

I have had my HP Z3100 for three weeks happily testing, calibrating and printing on several papers (from the included Media Sample Pack).

So, today I wanted to test included canvas papers: Collector Satin and Professional Matte.

The first two tries with the satin canvas jammed the printer; had to remove paper and reset the printer.

On the third try (with the matte canvas) the Z3100 actually loaded the paper, but it was skewed, so I had to align it to the "blue lines". When pressing the OK button, three "pizza wheels" popped out of the printer and the canvas was destroyed!?

Anybody else with these experiences with canvas on Z3100???

• Robert

thierry Forum Member • Posts: 73
Trouble with your printer

There is something wrong with your printer. I made about 30 print 50x75cm on HP Artist Mat Canvas, without any trouble. I suppose you choosed "roll' and the appropriate canvas name in the printer menu when you loaded it ?
--
http://www.dehesdin.com

John Nollendorfs Contributing Member • Posts: 821
Re: Z3100 and canvas - possible to load and use?

Feeding sheet paper/canvas is a bitch with this printer. What's even worse is that you have to unload the printer to cut the canvas. They don't have available any canvas cutting accessories. Most people buy the cheap Black & Decker sissors. I put a self healing cutting matt on top of my machine, but the curved plexi surface isn't the best. Still looking for a good canvas cutting solutiion. This is one area they didn't think about enough--canvas cutting and sheet feeding!

Yes, and when it jams, it can take forever to reload! What a crock! Also be careful and check your printhead alighnment--After a similar jam, it was off, and I had to have it realign the heads. Just kick myself for not checking with a small print first before doing another large canvas.

But other wise the printer's a dream. Don't do nozzle checks anymore. Frugal with ink consumption. What more can anyone ask for?
--
John Nollendorfs

OP robohub New Member • Posts: 12
Re: Trouble with your printer

I chose Sheet (used the canvas sheet supplied with the printer) and the correct paper type. Should I have choosen Roll, because of canvas paper, instead?

• Robert

OP robohub New Member • Posts: 12

Thanks for your reply - does this mean you have jams and destroying canvas now and then? Do you use roll canvas without problems?

• Robert

thierry Forum Member • Posts: 73
Re: Trouble with your printer

I chose Sheet (used the canvas sheet supplied with the printer) and the correct paper type. Should I have choosen Roll, because of canvas paper, instead?

No, you did right. I'm afraid there is a trouble with your printer. Apparently it's a new one. You should call the people who sold it to you.
Did you make a new try with non canvas paper. Is it always working ?

-- hide signature --
canonpro Senior Member • Posts: 1,167

Ive used Lexjets, Hahnemühle, and Epson Canvas on rolls with no problems. Sounds like a faulty printer. Luckly everything should be covered under warrenty.

-- hide signature --

Take any advice given on a forum with a grain a salt. (that includes mine). Nobody is
perfect, though many claim to be.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads