Cameta Camera and Niko Refurbs/Demos

Started Jul 22, 2008 | Discussions
kbanes Regular Member • Posts: 219
Cameta Camera and Niko Refurbs/Demos

I'm fixing to stick my toe in the water on a D300, and I saw these advertised on Cameta's ebay site. They look like decent deals, if...

Has anybody bought one of these? What kind of shape were the in?

Thanks,

kbanes

kbanes's gear list:kbanes's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D800 Nikon D500 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM +7 more
IslandDesign Regular Member • Posts: 481
Re: Cameta Camera and Niko Refurbs/Demos

I bought a D2h from cameta and was 110% pleased. A great deal for the money.

MikeBerube Senior Member • Posts: 1,664

A friend just bought a D40/18-55 kit refurb/demo from Cameta. He is a very happy camper.

Mike
--

• It's all about the pictures -

(PBase Supporter)
http://www.pbase.com/mikeb2002

d70user Regular Member • Posts: 280
Caution

My lady bought a "demo" from Cameta that was a refurb. It was an 18-70mm that has trouble autofocusing, or just plain focusing at all. This happened about six months after purchase. My experience with refurbs in electronics have all been disasters. They WILL break down.

kbanes wrote:

I'm fixing to stick my toe in the water on a D300, and I saw these
advertised on Cameta's ebay site. They look like decent deals, if...

Has anybody bought one of these? What kind of shape were the in?

Thanks,

kbanes

Charlie Valentin Regular Member • Posts: 173
D300 a month ago...

so far so good, had 4 actuations on it out of the box. Looked new. Everything works perfect. Came with a 90 day Nikon warranty and a one year Cameta warranty. Used the savings to by a MB-D10 from Amazon for $229.

Hope that helps,
Peace,
Charlie V.

Zebo Regular Member • Posts: 305
Re: D300 a month ago...

I got my D200 there, and 70-200, and both have been problem free, at good price. I vote "yeah"

-- hide signature --
John Garth Contributing Member • Posts: 732

I bought a couple of D80's as graduation gifts there....super and no problems...nice people to deal with....on par with B&H...
--
Thanks,
John
D300, D200, D80, D40X, & D40.

rockygag Senior Member • Posts: 1,242

My D80, over 55K clicks now, and still going ....

18-200 in excellent shape, still working fine

D300 over 5K clicks since I got it......

I'm a happy camper!

all cameta refurb!

Dave

hotiwal Regular Member • Posts: 220

I bought my D50 and then D80 from Cameta. The prices were great and cameras are problem free.

Hbrown Regular Member • Posts: 280

I bought a D80 demo from them and could not tell it from a new camera except that the box said reconditioned on it. Camera had 13 shutter clicks when I received it.

PaulieWalnuts Regular Member • Posts: 234

I'd recommend Cameta. I've purchased a couple of cameras and several lenses from them. All demos. Everything looked new. The only concern I had was my D80 looked new but the battery was obviously used. But the D80 has been flawless at over 8,000 shots.

So, I just won a D300 demo which is supposed to be here tomorrow. Fingers crossed that I get a good one. I saved about $300-$400 over new.

Go for it.
--
Paul

terribird Regular Member • Posts: 311

I bought a D200 body a year ago at Cameta. It had 6 clicks. Never a problem.
--
Terri

http://flickr.com/photos/shufflebird/

terribird's gear list:terribird's gear list
Nikon Coolpix AW110 Nikon D50 Nikon D300 Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +7 more
fpapp Regular Member • Posts: 195
Refurb F100

I purchased a refurb F100 from Cameta about two years ago, along with the MB-15 battery grip and the MF-29 data back.

The LCD's in the viewfinder were burned out. I called Cameta and they paid for the shipping to send it back. They sent me another body that was fully functional, and was indistinguishable from a new camera.

I'm a very satisfied customer, and have purchased a number of other items from them since then.

I highly recommend!

Frank

PaulieWalnuts Regular Member • Posts: 234

As an update, I got my D300 from Cameta.

It looks new. But it has just under 500 shutter actuations on it. Not sure how I feel about that. I realize 500 is small in the overall life of a DSLR but to me when it says "little to no use" 500 doesn't really seem to fall into that description.

Anybody agree or disagree?

Laslo Varadi
Laslo Varadi Veteran Member • Posts: 4,952
I disagree

500 is almost new as far as shutter clicks. You can do that in one or several days just testing it. If everything works and you got a good deal you should enjoy uor new camera.
--
Laslo
http://www.digitalexpressionsphotography.com

Laslo Varadi's gear list:Laslo Varadi's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +7 more
MikeBerube Senior Member • Posts: 1,664
I disagree as well...

I went to an air show a couple of weeks ago. I shot 1100+ frames in 6 hours of show.

So 500 frames is virtually new (not even a day's use in the above example). Remember, the shutter is rated for either 100,000 or 150,000 clicks.

Mike

-- hide signature --

• It's all about the pictures -

(PBase Supporter)
http://www.pbase.com/mikeb2002

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads