*** Mini Challenge 159 - Huge Contrast ***
Mini Challenge 159 - Huge Contrast
This week’s challenge is all about contrast:
Your interpretation is as good as mine. I want to see Huge Contrasting light, size, shape, or color, ... or your own interpretation of that topic.
The mini- challenge will end Wednesday March 12th
1. Have fun sharing and seeing what others share!
2. The host supplies a topic and you post 1-3 images. The host judges the winners (1st, 2nd and 3rd) and is not eligible to enter. The 1st place winner then chooses the next topic, judges the winner and passes on the baton to the new champion.
3. Any photo you’ve taken is eligible, regardless of when taken or camera used.
4. Any amount of post-processing is allowed. However, it is helpful if you list your camera and lens along with your photo. You may comment on other contestant's images. If you want someone to leave you some criticism, put an asterisk ( ) next to the title of the image.
1. When posting your picture, change the Subject of your post to display your picture title.
2. Either embed your image in the thread or, if you must, supply a link to it. Keep in mind, however, most people don't want to click to open photos hosted elsewhere (i.e. on your website).
3. Also try and resize your photos prior to posting so they're sized appropriately for viewing without having to scroll ( 800 pixels on the longest side works best.)
To embed your photo in a post:
With your photo on Pbase (or any other site) copy its URL from the URL box on your tool bar and paste it into your post. Add a .jpg extension to make the photo show up. Click on preview to make sure it's there.
Right click on the image in your host site, click on "Properties", highlight the link with the .jpg extension on it and paste it into your message text.
. The winner has up to three days (72 hours) to begin a new mini-challenge, or the honor goes to the #2 finisher and so forth.
As host, please add the name of your challenge to the bottom of the list and delete the top one, so the list doesn’t grow too long.
Enter 1-3 photos and put them in a single post. Limit the size of photos to 250K each to conserve bandwidth.
Please remove any photos from previous posts.
PREVIOUS 40 Challenges
108 Sweet Tooth
109 Looking Up
112 City Life
113 Only In
115 Golden Hour
117 Cut Outs
118 Trains and Stations
119 The Beach
122 Statues and Monuments
123 Mushrooms & Fungi
126 Down On The Farm
127 Doo Doo Doo, Lookin' out my back door
128 The Perfect Moment
129 Sayings Come to Life
134 Your Other Hobby
135 Musical instruments
137 After Dark
138 The Streets
139 Religious Buildings ~ Interiors
140 Fall Colors
141 Pretty Pictures of Ugly Things
142 The Right Moment
144 Hot Stuff
157 That 20 Minute Later Light
159 Huge Contrast
1. White Saolin
2. Red Shoes
3. Cold Stone
Canon EOS 400D
Canon Speedlight 430 EX
Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 USM IS
Canon EF 70-200mm f/4 USM L IS
Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 II
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II
Canon EF 12 II Ext.Tube
Canon EF 17-40mm f/4 USM L (gone) Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 SPII XR (gone)
Purr er.. Fur vs stone
Clothes vs wood and metal
An indoor/outdoor market in the heart of Cincinnati, Ohio. I captured this at 5:30 A.M. on a snowy February morning. The tents to the right are that of an outdoor produce merchant.
Hope you guys like them
God Bless you all
Here is my input. All of them around the same theme. Contrast of the sunset with different foreground
More photos at http://flickr.com/photos/abeverat