D3 on June 26th???

Started Jun 13, 2007 | Discussions
chbutcher New Member • Posts: 4
D3 on June 26th???

I know, there are tons of rumors, just one, but an intresting one, more...

http://www.engadget.com/2007/06/13/nikon-getting-set-to-unveil-next-gen-professional-dslr/

Let's see what happens at the end of June...

fudgebrown Senior Member • Posts: 2,640
Re: D3 on June 26th???

It's coming together - I think we will see it this month - and wow "leaps and bounds" better than anything Canon has to offer sounds nice too...

-- hide signature --

'Procrastinate now, don't put it off.'

fudgebrown's gear list:fudgebrown's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Nikon D810 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM +5 more
Matt_Anderson
Matt_Anderson Veteran Member • Posts: 3,787
Announce 6-26 Ship upon 1dsMKIII Announce ...

could it be the game plan ?

Hrmmm.....

Matt_Anderson's gear list:Matt_Anderson's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony FE 24-105mm F4
Joe Ellis Contributing Member • Posts: 802
Whatever

All these rumors and when announced, most people on this board still won't be happy about something.

What's the point?

mironv Veteran Member • Posts: 9,778
-- hide signature --

Yes it will be a first 10MP camera for less than $300 what they will skip this time.And on more serius side I hope so so maybe there be more D2Hs and start selling for about $1200-1400 soon.Only cameras that can be exaiting are one that one can aforded so whats a differance what that d3 will be not much for many many fox out there.
Mironv
http://mironv.smugmug.com/

mironv's gear list:mironv's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC +10 more
nebularb Regular Member • Posts: 337

Could be.....i would think that if something is too arrive this year, it would have to be announced in the next 2-4 weeks.

The rumours are really flying, and nothing has been confirmed, no leaks, nothing!

I have been visiting dpreview for 2 years and this is the greatest specualtion i have ever seen, either we are all hyping each other up to an impending announcement or we're all going nikon NAS mad.

I would guess that if the pros aren't satisfied with an updated cam this year, Nikon can probably kiss a good chunk of the pro market goodbye.

-- hide signature --

A dpreview browser.

Paul Linder Senior Member • Posts: 1,342

I sure like the way you see things in this game.
--
Lil Poppa
http://www.pbase.com/pal
If it isn't made in the Far East and sold in the US, I can't afford it.

Alejandro Daz del Ro Fery
Alejandro Daz del Ro Fery Veteran Member • Posts: 3,735

Very, very, very, nice.

better than anything Canon has to offer sounds nice too...

Regards.
--

don't let the door...

hit their a$$ on the way out.

Good riddance, I say.

OP chbutcher New Member • Posts: 4
Re: don't let the door...

There are really a lot of rumours out there at the moment about Nikon. Is this a good marketing game or is there really something big coming towards us?

Will there be a big innovation in digital photography, with a whole new Nikon line-up? Maybe the 15 lenses and 3 bodies rumour comes true and we get a D3, D300, D90 and a lot of lenses? Leaps and bounds better than anything Canon is offering?

But the most time, people want to see their wishes come true and belief in to good sounding rumours. The most time the updates are only one small step better than the old models, even if the marketing department tells you that it is a prodigy.

Everything is possible. Sure is, that this rumours drive a lot people crazy. We will know more in a couple weeks.

revaaron Veteran Member • Posts: 6,716
REPOST

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1021&message=23618436
--
-----------------------------------------------------------
http://www.returntothepit.com

pictures up within hours of the show

kruger Senior Member • Posts: 2,247
Re: Whatever

Joe Ellis wrote:

All these rumors and when announced, most people on this board
still won't be happy about something.

What's the point?

Most people will not be shelling out 5-6k for a new Nikon body and then another bank roll for lens that fits anyway.. lot of dreamers

Zalan Contributing Member • Posts: 864
It's my birthday :)

It looks like Nikon picked my birthday to announce their next pro camera, maybe I should get one I'm kidding, I could never afford it, but the idea is nice.

-- hide signature --
 Zalan's gear list:Zalan's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P5000 Fujifilm X-M1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS
Zensu11
Zensu11 Senior Member • Posts: 1,542
Everytime....

I get excited about a new Nikon they bring out a Coolpix! I think Nikon uses forums like these to generate buzz about new products, sadly they sometimes abuse that power. I hope that's not the case now.

BMW M3

Just like I won't shell out 60,000 dollars for a new BMW M3.

It would be nice to have, don't get me wrong. For now I just have to be happy with driving the BMW M3 in my video game.

That's what Nikon needs to do - develop a video game for photography.

My ideas rule.

JasonOdell Senior Member • Posts: 2,282
Re: BMW M3

That's what Nikon needs to do - develop a video game for photography.

Would the video game include back-focus?

-Jason

-- hide signature --

Author, 'The Photographer's Guide to Capture NX'
Visit my website at: http://www.luminescentphoto.com

zygh
zygh Senior Member • Posts: 1,798
why stop at the D3?...

A D3 is nice and all but for the better part of us Nikonians, some VR lenses (some updates too maybe) would be the real buzz.

I'm getting ready to buy a VR and I'm frustrated by the fact that the only 'wide to medium tele' zooms out there are the 24-120 and the 18-200.

So, Nikon, if you're listening, after you're done releasing that (by now) legendary D3, bring out a VERY sharp, distorsion-'free', ca-'free' Nikkor AF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-4.5 DX (circle at least as big as the one of the 18-200 VR) IF-ED VRII weather sealed and sell it for only $450-500US. :))

If that D3 FF comes out this July, us non-pros will have access (affordable) to FF around August...2017AD. Yay! So, D3? Bring it on!

zygh's gear list:zygh's gear list
Nikon D40 NEX5R Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +2 more
thomas2279 Forum Pro • Posts: 10,876

We will see at least Dpreview.com will become interesting with some new products; recently it has been pretty quiet..

-- hide signature --

nebularb Regular Member • Posts: 337

One week to go. Hope its right!!

-- hide signature --

A dpreview browser.

KrisHary Regular Member • Posts: 282

I'm naive and praying for a 1500 usd d300 :D.

Sorry I just had to let it out!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads