Epson R1800 Compatible Inks

Started Jun 6, 2007 | Discussions
Jodi Gailliard New Member • Posts: 2
Epson R1800 Compatible Inks

Does anyone have experience with compatible ink cartridges for the Epson 1800? At almost 1/4 of the price of brand name, they are certailnly tempting.

Thank you.

Dominic.Chan Veteran Member • Posts: 6,168
Re: Epson R1800 Compatible Inks

Jodi Gailliard wrote:

Does anyone have experience with compatible ink cartridges for the
Epson 1800? At almost 1/4 of the price of brand name, they are
certailnly tempting.

Most (or almost all) of the compatible cartridges use dye ink.

A better option in my opinion would be to use pigment ink with a CIS or refillable cartridge.

Steve Bingham
Steve Bingham Forum Pro • Posts: 25,818
I would not!

This would be a good way to throw all your printing profiles out the window, induce possible clogging, and void your warranty!
--
Steve Bingham
http://www.dustylens.com
http://www.ghost-town-photography.com

 Steve Bingham's gear list:Steve Bingham's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR +22 more
carpulize New Member • Posts: 22
Re: I would not!

Steve Bingham wrote:

This would be a good way to throw all your printing profiles out
the window, induce possible clogging, and void your warranty!
--
Steve Bingham
http://www.dustylens.com
http://www.ghost-town-photography.com

says who? why clogging? and why void the warranty?

CharlieDIY
CharlieDIY Veteran Member • Posts: 7,120
Re: I would not!

carpulize wrote:

Steve Bingham wrote:

This would be a good way to throw all your printing profiles out
the window, induce possible clogging, and void your warranty!
--
Steve Bingham
http://www.dustylens.com
http://www.ghost-town-photography.com

says who? why clogging? and why void the warranty?

I'm pretty sure someone checked earlier and found that it most specifically did NOT void the warranty, at least on Epson printers.

From what I've read, too, the better CIS sets-ups don't cause any more clogging than the standard cartridges.

As to printing profiles, I'd bet that some change a lot, some change a bit, and some not at all.
--
Charlie Self
http://www.charlieselfonline.com

Dominic.Chan Veteran Member • Posts: 6,168
Re: Epson Warranty

Steve Bingham wrote:

This would be a good way to throw all your printing profiles out
the window, induce possible clogging, and void your warranty!

The Epson warranty states that:

"This warranty does not cover ribbons, ink cartridges or third party parts, components, or peripheral devices added to the Epson product after its shipment from Epson, e.g., dealer or user-added boards or components. Epson is not responsible for warranty service... should the product fail to function properly as a result of... interaction with non-Epson products".

Nothing about voiding the warranty, except when the failure is caused by third party ink.

J J Robinson Forum Member • Posts: 79
Re: Epson Warranty

Oh god, here we go again....if I had a penny everytime this discussion came up.....

-- hide signature --
Mudslinger777 New Member • Posts: 2
Re: Epson Warranty

I have the Epson R1800 and I cannot get it to not print dark, muddy prints and I've tried everything.

The printer is absolutely unusable so using 3rd party inks is a tempting option.

I refuse to continue blowing through $17 x 8 Cart. testing and trying to get this POS to print nice prints like people claim it is capable of doing.

If the printer fails with 3rd party ink then it's off to the dumpster.

By far this printer is the worst piece of junk I've ever owned. Epson NEVER again.

JUNK! JUNK! JUNK! JUNK! JUNK! JUNK! JUNK! JUNK! JUNK! JUNK! JUNK! JUNK! 

jtoolman
jtoolman Veteran Member • Posts: 6,801
Re: Epson Warranty

Mudslinger777 wrote:

I have the Epson R1800 and I cannot get it to not print dark, muddy prints and I've tried everything.

The printer is absolutely unusable so using 3rd party inks is a tempting option.

I refuse to continue blowing through $17 x 8 Cart. testing and trying to get this POS to print nice prints like people claim it is capable of doing.

If the printer fails with 3rd party ink then it's off to the dumpster.

By far this printer is the worst piece of junk I've ever owned. Epson NEVER again.

JUNK! JUNK! JUNK! JUNK! JUNK! JUNK! JUNK! JUNK! JUNK! JUNK! JUNK! JUNK! 

What inks are you using and what sort of workflow do you use. Are you printing through ICC profiles?

Serhat Abaci Regular Member • Posts: 269
Re: Epson Warranty

How come the R1800 is still under warranty? There are already tweo successors out

the R1900 and R2000.

I have two R1800 wich I used right after the oem cartriges depleted with refillling option and after that with refillable cartriges and Octupus Office Ink. I pay 50~60 € per 1000ml Ink. 6 €-Cent per Ml, OEM Cartriges Contain 13ml each for 14€ 1,07€ per ml. I save over 95% ink cost.

I never tried custom profiles, just started two month ago to do so.

aliexpress.com is a good source for refillable cartriges or ebay of curse

 Serhat Abaci's gear list:Serhat Abaci's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads