Nederland website - need help translating info re: new DSLRs

Started Apr 17, 2007 | Discussions
b shaw Contributing Member • Posts: 673
Nederland website - need help translating info re: new DSLRs

The following article has some interesting information in the last paragraph. Obviously, the online machine mangling & abuse...er... the online machine translations don't do it justice.

http://www.dslr.nl/?cat=nieuws&act=artikel&id=726

However, (said with fear of starting another unsubstantiated rumor), the last paragraph MAY say that:

• Sony Nederland is trying/testing a CX62300 that is present in the Netherlands

• Sony Nederland is already calling it Alpha300

• Alpha100 had the working name of CX62100

Tweedle,
How is your Dutch? Any Nederlander friends willing to translate to English?

b shaw

Joke:
What do you call someone who can speak three languages? Trilingual
What do you call someone who can speak two languages? Bilingual
What do you call someone who can speak only one language? American

KEITH-C Forum Pro • Posts: 14,131
Re: Netherlands website - need help translating info re: new DSLRs

All thought that all Americans understood 'Yoda' speak ! (LOL)

It does appear that your summary is what it says , also that the 'Pro' model will not be revealed until Photokina 2008 - September.

Keith-C

payn817 Forum Member • Posts: 64

It claims that the new model will be out june or july.

It also states that Sony realizes it needs at least 5 bodies to become a major player.

So if/when/whatever, don't shoot the messanger, I just translated it.

Osovega New Member • Posts: 22

What it says is:

"The two mock up models have the working titles cx62300 (for the semi pro) and cx62500 (for the pro version).

Well informed sources within sony netherlands have said that a trailversion of the cx62300 is currently in the Netherlands. They also say that they already call it the Alpha-300. Apparently the alpha-100 had cx62100 as a working title.

In the beginning of the article it is suggested that the introduction of one of the two new models will be in june or juli of 2007 with a couple of lenses. The other model will be release next year. Probably around Photokina in Koln.

That's it.

Jakuma New Member • Posts: 1
Re: Nederland website - need help translating info re: new DSLRs

Here is the translation:

Well-informed sources at Sony Netherlands told the staff of this website that there is a trial version of the CX62300 present in the Netherlands.

According to this source, at Sony they talk about the Alpha 300. The current Alpha 100 would have had the name CX6210.

funkmelon New Member • Posts: 24

As an American that lives in the Netherlands, I felt obligated! I think it is a relatively accurate translation. (sometimes I barely feel literate in English)

The president of sony europe, Fuijoi Nishida talked (during a press conference in Rhodes, Greece) about two Alpha models that Sony showed at the PMA in Las Vegas. According to Nishida – the two new models will strengthen Sony’s position in the DSLR market.

Nishsida followed that by saying that Sony would (be giving ) the consumer a broader choice of Sony DSLRs with these. It seemed to be saying that the two new models would stand next to the Alpha 100 (leaving the consumer with three choices).

In an earlier press conference Nishida already said that a manufacturer must have at least 5 DSLR models to be taken seriously. When the press asked if more models were on the way, Nishidia let it be known that he could not yet discuss that.

The next introduction (of a camera) should be expected in June or July. Then just one model will be released with some new lenses. The second model is planned for next year, possibly during the next Photokina in Cologne.

During the press conference in Rhodes the same two mock-ups were displayed that were shown at the PMA, but this time with a “working name”. The big brother of the Alpha 100 now has the working name CX62300 while the professional version is called CX62500, The actual production names of the cameras are not yet (thought up), according to Nishida.

Well –informed sources at Sony Netherlands told the editor of this website that a trial version of the CX62300 is present in The Netherlands. According to this source people at Sony are even talking about the Alpha-300. The current Aplha-100 apparently had the working name of CX62100.

dkloi Senior Member • Posts: 1,952

Thanks for the translation.

The next introduction (of a camera) should be expected in June or
July. Then just one model will be released with some new lenses.
The second model is planned for next year, possibly during the next
Photokina in Cologne.

September 2008, it's a long time away. Oh well, at least it gives me time to save my pennies in order to afford the (presumably pro model). It'll be a difficult choice whether to go for the semi-pro model (assuming it will be released this June/July) and/or the pro model though. Decisions, decisions...

Cheers,
Daniel.

dkloi's gear list:dkloi's gear list
Sony RX100 II Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony a5100 Sony a7 III Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +22 more
OP b shaw Contributing Member • Posts: 673
Osovega...

Thanks for the translation. I feel honored that your first post in a couple of years was just to translate this. Any chance that you'll stay awhile?

b shaw

Re: Osovega...

No problem,

I tend to lurk a lot.... I have learned SOOOO much just by reading about other peoples problems. I actually at least check that main page quite often. Then I scan through the KM DSLR and the sony DSLR forums.

I usually don't have anything to add that somebody else who obviously knows more than I hasn 't already. I was just glad to have something to offer the conversation.

I am saving my pennies for the semi pro and a 28mm F2!

A300, in the summer, with a candlestick .....

or is it ...

Colonel Mustard, in the Conservatory, with a CCD sensor?

Anyway, thank you all for the translation and another Clue.

b shaw

Say that, what makes you?

C-KEITH

Say that, what makes you?

shaw, b

banzen Contributing Member • Posts: 951

Very good information.

-- hide signature --

banzen

tweedle Veteran Member • Posts: 4,480

b shaw wrote:

Tweedle,
How is your Dutch?

Just between the two of us, b - - my Danish is better

Very nice find, though. And a very nice translation. Very nice forum overall...

Geedorama Regular Member • Posts: 370

Correct translations..
--

Ideally, the lens captures what the eye had in mind...but the damn thing won't listen.

Timothy S Broadley
Timothy S Broadley Senior Member • Posts: 2,403

dne.

September 2008, it's a long time away. Oh well, at least it gives
me time to save my pennies in order to afford the (presumably pro
model). It'll be a difficult choice whether to go for the semi-pro
model (assuming it will be released this June/July) and/or the pro
model though. Decisions, decisions...

Cheers,
Daniel.

I thought all you theoretical physics types were well off. Certainly better off than us applied mathmatics types >

Hell just chalk it off to next your grant as a means to capture the Big bang neutrino
chortle, chortle
cheers
Tim

Tweedle, I knew your Dansk is perfect...

... I knew your English is perfect, I guessed you might even had taken Deutsch in school. It was a long shot, I just hoped, by some chance, that you might speak Nederlands, too. Or, hopefully, that you might have had some Nederlander friends who would translate.

I hope you didn't think I had mixed countries and languages like some of my fellow countrymen might do. I am ugly, I am American, but I am not the Ugly American.

However, I was delighted to see such a great and thorough response from folk.

Importantly, if the report can be trusted, it's great news: A300 in the summer. Pretty exciting for me, I'm in between cameras.

b shaw

DutchChrisH New Member • Posts: 17
Osovega New Member • Posts: 22

Hi Shaw b,

Nice that you are honoured bij my reply. Since the anouncement of the new models i come by this forum more often. I just don't feel the need to reply alot because when i reply it must have something to add to the dicussion and I have some other forums to atend to

don't know why Funkmelon replys to you call but no problem.

Greetings,

Osovega.

oops!
Sorry! Don't I feel foolish!

KEITH-C Forum Pro • Posts: 14,131
Why the delay ...?

I'm surprised that there hasn't been more comment on the projected launch date for the Pro model - it is much later than earlier rumours.

Are they waiing to see what either Nikon or Canon do with FF ? Canon by then could easily have an update to the 5D which could cause problems unless it is coming very soon in which case Sony may be waiting to evaluate their design & marketing strategy.

Keith-C

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads