Interesting 1DIII Info

Started Mar 9, 2007 | Discussions
lossy Regular Member • Posts: 262
Re: Interesting 1DIII Info

$1599 for the 16-35 and $799 for the wifi attachment.
--
.....Lossy

Dave Chrismer Contributing Member • Posts: 684
Re: this is why most expect $3999

Can't say for sure about the MKII, but the MKIIN whitepaper included the expected price, so this wasn't unprecedented for Canon.

Shamus1
Shamus1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,717
Re Pitman Photo

When I am not buying from B&H, I use Pitman in Miami for my local purchases. They generally have very good prices.

Re the first post, I am on the waiting list (actually #1 or 2 I believe - as I was physically in the store and asked to be put on before they had a list and before I left, info was taken by the manager. They were laughing as they had just gotten a fax re it.) They know me as I have bought a lot from them also. I highly recommend them if you need a local dealer.

A subsequent conversation with one of their managers reveiled that the initial dealer orders had been canceled by Canon, but that only meant they had to resubmit them, and the internal waiting list was still in effect and I was still on it. (Might have had something to do with a new order number reflecting the correct price.) Apparenty they order X number of cameras and then distribute according to their orders. As of our conversation two days ago, the computer showed the retail price as $4,299. Of course that doesn't mean the price is etched in stone.

Shamus1's gear list:Shamus1's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EOS 80D +27 more
Ghozer Veteran Member • Posts: 3,863
I agree

That startled me too. I hope that's right.

wallyjarratt wrote:

Actually the interesting part here is that it is shipping in 1-3
weeks...I thought we were still out by about 2 months.

Wally
--
Wally
1D Series Forum
http://www.1dseries.com
http://www.wallyjarratt.com

-- hide signature --
 Ghozer's gear list:Ghozer's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7000 Canon PowerShot S100 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D Mark IV +10 more
vadims Contributing Member • Posts: 574
Thanks (nt)

subj

vadims's gear list:vadims's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sony a6500 Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +14 more
auser Contributing Member • Posts: 644
maybe some new features?

What kind of announcement?

Any chance they are "adding" features along with the possible new price?

auser's gear list:auser's gear list
Canon EOS 5DS Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM +4 more
AJ_Hynes Forum Member • Posts: 70
3999.00 Hunts Photo

http://www.huntsphotoandvideo.com/detail_page.cfm?ProductID=1888B002&cid=7&CFID=2916493&CFTOKEN=c0b38812149e8181-39046618-1372-4D16-BE49AF632E6C2ECA&jsessionid=ce30397601173482661400

cquigg wrote:

It might, which would be fantastic, but I'm guessing that since
Nikon didn't announce a D2hs replacement and they basically have no
competition, they'll do their best to get max profits from the
camera --> price going up. Who knows though...anything can happen.

Have you looked at the web page

that you linked to?

See the note below, copied directly from their web page and note that on the actual web page there is a line drawn through the 3999 price.

Suggested Retail Price: 3999.95
Click to Request Price

Availability: Accepting Pre-Orders

Product Description:

Note: Canon has not yet officially announced the price on the EOS-1D Mark III. Final pricing is subject to change. Your pre-order is not charged to your credit-card and final authorization will be needed by you once the official price has been announced.

JohnnyBlood
JohnnyBlood Senior Member • Posts: 1,623
Re: Interesting 1DIII Info

Lens price seems about right. Transmitter price is still way too high.

Johnny

http://www.flickr.com/photos/latitudes/

AJ_Hynes Forum Member • Posts: 70
Yes, did you?

Ask for the price like it says, do something, instead of laying out a blanket remark! You will find out it says... $3999.00

Dave Chrismer wrote:

that you linked to?

See the note below, copied directly from their web page and note
that on the actual web page there is a line drawn through the 3999
price.

Suggested Retail Price: 3999.95
Click to Request Price

Availability: Accepting Pre-Orders

Product Description:
Note: Canon has not yet officially announced the price on the
EOS-1D Mark III. Final pricing is subject to change. Your pre-order
is not charged to your credit-card and final authorization will be
needed by you once the official price has been announced.

Yes

I actually had clicked on the Request Price link and just got a blank page. Even if it had quoted 3999, their disclaimer on the MKIII page pasted below voids any price quote.

Note: Canon has not yet officially announced the price on the EOS-1D > Mark III. Final pricing is subject to change. Your pre-order is not charged > to your credit-card and final authorization will be needed by you once the > official price has been announced.

I wasn't making blanket statements or trying to be confrontational. I intend to buy a MKIII and would much rather pay 3999 than 4499, but given the fact that Canon has not set a price, no one can actually give a firm price.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads