Has anybody seen the Pentax booth at the show -

thanks
--
bill wilson

phenri Regular Member • Posts: 294
isn't it just brilliant ?
Thibessart Regular Member • Posts: 132
Re: isn't it just brilliant ?

I love it. As a new Pentaxian, I feel welcomed.
--
Christophe
K-10-D owner

tocarver Veteran Member • Posts: 3,640
Re: Has anybody seen the Pentax booth at the show -

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!
--
Jerry
http://www.pbase.com/tocarver
Equipment, to date, (+: In profile

Mousehill Veteran Member • Posts: 7,539
Very nice,

I like the way they're communicating!
--
--
'Best wide angle lens? Take a few steps back and look for the WoW effect.'

http://www.culinair.com

Mousehill's gear list:Mousehill's gear list
Pentax K-1
Daddy Dan Contributing Member • Posts: 666

Very cool.
Just like it was written to me personally.

We have several framed prints of great photos around the house taken over the last 25 years with my K1000 and the M 50mm 2.0 that came with it. I never saw any reason to upgrade until I got the K100D.

DD

Daddy Dan's gear list:Daddy Dan's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K100D Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM +6 more
jthommo Veteran Member • Posts: 3,735

I love "You don't spend countless hours pixel-peeping..." - they obviously haven't visited this site!
--
Thommo
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jthommo101/

Busiko Regular Member • Posts: 421

I wonder how did they know. Indeed my first camera was not a Pentax, it was two MXs, a silver and a black. Then a ME Super then a LX. I still keep the MX and LX and now a K10D. Yes I love Pentax.

Svelteboy Forum Member • Posts: 87

Hehe, I love that ad!

TwoUptons Senior Member • Posts: 1,155

It's a lot like the Apple ads from a few years ago, "Think Different".

Only a little embarassingly, my K1000 is sitting on the desk across from me, with the Vivitar 135CF mounted, and sporting it's guitar-strap, waiting for me to take out the roll of film (remember that?) that I finished yesterday...
-Eric

Daddy Dan wrote:

Very cool.
Just like it was written to me personally.
We have several framed prints of great photos around the house
taken over the last 25 years with my K1000 and the M 50mm 2.0 that
came with it. I never saw any reason to upgrade until I got the
K100D.

jonska Veteran Member • Posts: 3,212
Elevator talk

Where can I lay my hands on a Pentax 31 mm f/1.8?

jonska's gear list:jonska's gear list
Pentax K-5
icexe Contributing Member • Posts: 752

yup, that was me back in college in the 1990's. I remember the day I bought a used K1000 (to replace an ancient Mamiya-Sekor 500DTL) for $80, which was pretty much broke the bank for me. It lived in my backpack along with all my textbooks and went everywhere i went. my lens collection came from the dusty corners of the used section of the local camera store when i managed to scrape a few bucks together.

that K1000 took a beating and never once let me down. i couldn't tell you how many countless times that backpack got tossed into a corner, got sat on, had drinks spilled on it, or served as a pillow, and that K1000 took all that abuse without complaining. it bravely recorded lots of impromptu road trips, wild parties, hiking adventures, and so many other memorable moments from my wild youth.

thanks for saving so memories for me Pentax!

icexe's gear list:icexe's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro Pentax K-5 Olympus E-M1 II Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +10 more
Neil A New Member • Posts: 16

That's awesome... they need create an entire campaign around that concept!

Pixelfrag Regular Member • Posts: 163
mutleybird Senior Member • Posts: 1,095

Never was too impressed with Pentax film cameras with what Olympus offered me in the OM system including the OM-4T. All of the system designed by Maitani who retired when they decided to go digital and not do it with an OM-5D or something like that. Olympus just abandoned the mount, and started from scratch.

When going digital, the K10D just had more going for it similar to the original Maitani philosophy including backwards lens & accessory compatability, etc.

While the K10D might not have the ability to choose up to 8 spotmetering points and average them all easily with one button, or separately choose highlight or shadow points so they don't blow out, or off-the-film(sensor) metering during exposure able to handle 20 min.+ exposure times (I don't think its even possible with a sensor), on, and on, and on. But it does excel in innovation compared to its competition like the OM's did. I also can't compare the OM-4T titanium body to the polycarbonate of the K10D because the new technology might easily be as good.

Listening to what the customers actually want like Pentax now is what Maitani at Olympus was doing in the early 70's & 80's. Great philosophy. It got me to jump to Pentax.

Larry

jmacshriver Contributing Member • Posts: 939

Now they just need to put that on the back of a white T-shirt and give them out by the thousands at festivals and colleges around the world.

-- hide signature --

John
Iowa, USA

José Ramos Senior Member • Posts: 1,855
That's the spirit...

And the main reason I'm going to buy the K10d! It's a tool for photographers, not for pixel-peepers.

In the end... it's only the final image that counts!

-- hide signature --

José Ramos
My gallery at ----> http://inebriantia.deviantart.com/gallery

D TONG Senior Member • Posts: 2,559
A great statement of where Pentax is heading

phenri wrote:

look at that :

http://pma2007.phanfare.com/ > show_image.aspx?album_id=227951&section_id=301343&hmi_id=13489810&image_version=14&rend=WEB_SMALL

If it is Canon, it would have been a list of their tech advance. It is photo taking and the photographers that are keys to any dslr or slr.

Daniel, Toronto
http://www.pbase.com/danieltong

Joseph Tainter Forum Pro • Posts: 11,270

Nice.

Yep, glad I've got that FA 31.

Joe

Joseph Tainter Forum Pro • Posts: 11,270

And it looks like there are people at the booth.

Joe

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads