For mike051051 re:New photo paper specs

Started Jan 8, 2007 | Discussions
Tom Stone Regular Member • Posts: 199
For mike051051 re:New photo paper specs

Mike,

I am concerned that Kodak is not publishing any specifications about their new line of photo papers. Specifically the Ultra Premium replacement for the Ultima paper.

They made such a big deal about the self-sealing features of Ultima and how much better it was than porous paper and its archival qualities. Now they are saying absolutely nothing about the new stuff other than touting that it is a porous paper with no mention of expected print life under different lighting conditions.

I expect Kodak to be better than the competitors but it looks like they are going for quick-dry to make consumers happy and giving up on the archival quality customer.

Where are the tech sheets?

Regards,
Tom S.

Tom Stone's gear list:Tom Stone's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
mike051051
mike051051 Senior Member • Posts: 2,368
Re: Inkjet paper

Tom,

Sorry, I'm not involved at all with the inkjet paper. I see what you mean by no published specs on the website. I'll check with my colleagues on the inkjet team to see what I can obtain in the way of performance specs for the paper.
--
Mike O'Brien
Eastman Kodak Company

mike051051's gear list:mike051051's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Olympus PEN E-P1 Canon EOS 6D Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Canon EF 35mm F2.0 +22 more
OP Tom Stone Regular Member • Posts: 199

Thanks Mike. I appreciate your help.

Tom S.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
mike051051
mike051051 Senior Member • Posts: 2,368

Tom,

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you on this yet. I'm still working on it and I'll get back on this as soon as I can.
--
Mike O'Brien
Eastman Kodak Company

mike051051's gear list:mike051051's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Olympus PEN E-P1 Canon EOS 6D Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Canon EF 35mm F2.0 +22 more
reball Veteran Member • Posts: 4,873

Thanks, Mike, I's also interested. The website suggests that fast drying is now the priority, but I'd like to know if longevity is still high--can't imagine them stepping backwards.
--
Dick

OP Tom Stone Regular Member • Posts: 199

Thanks Mike.

Tom S.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads