(hacked) RAW support for Powershot A610!

Started Dec 14, 2006 | Discussions
ranocchio Regular Member • Posts: 118
Re: ...but...

Any news for old firmware 1.00D?
why old versions aren't supported?

gorton Regular Member • Posts: 131

ursamajorRO wrote:

It works to me too!!! Bracketing works fine , live histogram too,
but I don't like that message. It was better to write there just
"RAW", seeing in that way the mode of the camera.

What is Bracketing? is it Exposure Bracketing?

ursamajorRO
ursamajorRO Regular Member • Posts: 365

Yes! Just press the button with the blue LED (to light continuous) then press the shutter: it will make 3 photos with different exposure settings!!! I recommend to use a tripod.

ursamajorRO's gear list:ursamajorRO's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX510 HS Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS +3 more
digicanon Junior Member • Posts: 27

What is Bracketing? is it Exposure Bracketing?

Exposure for now. Ongoing: keyboard scripts and intervalometer.

A610, A620, S2IS
Phease test which header is better:
http://www.zshare.net/download/hdr-all-rar.html

in terms of white balance (tungsten, fluorescent, daylight, other lighting conditions) with lightroom/ACR (not ufraw)

...and how it compares to previous version (S2IS,S3IS)

-- hide signature --

ranocchio

Any news for old firmware 1.00D?
why old versions aren't supported?

because there are no hacker (of 3) with such camera. Adaptation process is not easy, but vitalyb is trying to authomatize the process a little in his HDK.

How i can contact you?
maybe we'll find the solution

ursamajorRO

What is "keyboard scripts"? Can you say to vitalyvb to erase that message "hello world" from the screen? Thank you.

Canon PowerShot SX510 HS Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS +3 more

Script is a... text file with commands to camera (push buttonX, wait X sec, ...)

Bracketing is a script:
shoot - right*3 - shoot - right*3 - shoot
works different in Av, Tv and M

about HelloWorld - its only a preview, demo, buggy version. Wait until the final version.

ranocchio Regular Member • Posts: 118

if i can help...

paolucci*francesco*at*tiscali . it
without *

sorry for my english

ursamajorRO

Please tell us how that so-called bracketing works, because I noticed that all three photos has the same exposure. It seems to be just a 3 photos in continuous shooting with the same exposure.

And like a general ideea, I believe that the READMEs for this hacks should be better explained to us, otherwise the hack is... useless. And we are many who use this hack, a real blessing for our cameras.

ursamajorRO

digicanon wrote:

Bracketing is a script:
shoot - right*3 - shoot - right*3 - shoot
works different in Av, Tv and M

about HelloWorld - its only a preview, demo, buggy version. Wait
until the final version.

Please, can you tell us about bracketing? How it works (different) in the three modes?

And please tell us too, if you know, when is scheduled the final version of the new hack? Thank you very much.

P.S. I renew my question concerning the existence of a forum in english where we can discuss with the hackers.

Please, can you tell us about bracketing? How it works (different) in the
three modes?

If i remember correctly, the prog tells camera that "shoot" is pressed, then that "right_btn" pressed ond so on (three times). In Tv mode "right" button changes shutter. So, if you have turned off the show of the image right after shooting, you'll get a number of images with different exposure.

I played with it a little and found it buggy

http://vitalyb.mail333.com/hdk/FAQ.ENG.txt

And please tell us too, if you know, when is scheduled the final version of > the new hack? Thank you very much.

No schedule. As soon as it finishes

P.S. Updated DNG4PS is on its usual place

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads