Error Message L-02

Started Oct 31, 2006 | Discussions
Ifloda Regular Member • Posts: 140
Error Message L-02

This must be bad. Someone knocked my hand and I dropped my DX6490. When I turn it on I get a blue screen with " Error L-02" displayed. Has anyone ever seen this before? I've sent an email to Kodak but I haven't heard anything back yet. Thanks for you help.
Catherine

David Davies Veteran Member • Posts: 6,928
Re: Error Message L-02
-- hide signature --

David Davies - Nothing in my 6490 notes to help, although you could go through the routine of removing batteries and memory and and reinstating the camera as if from scratch. I find that getting onto the Kodak website is such a painful wait, followed by equal waits as you navigate it, that I've long given up on it. I have the fastest broadband backed by special quicken prog, still useless. May depend on where you are but can only suggest you phone their "help line". Good luck, neck straps always better than wrist straps, whatever Fred says.

artisto Regular Member • Posts: 396
Re: Error Message L-02

Catherine,
The L-02 error message is: due to a firmware error.

The camerea will need to come into service to get it checked out.

The quickest way to get this done is to go to the online service tool. If you live outside the US then you will want to call your local support center.

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/repair/troubleshooting/troubleshooting.jhtml?pq-path=10/3905/3921/1141/6198
-
Val

-
I've used every Kodak digital camera ever made....and that's a lot of cameras.

OP Ifloda Regular Member • Posts: 140
for Val & Dave

Thanks for your input! Do you have any idea how much repairs might cost? I'm just tryig to figure out how much I should put into the camera.
Catherine

artisto Regular Member • Posts: 396
Re: for Val & Dave

Sorry I don't have that information. If you call direct they should be able to give you a ball park figure. It could be one of two things, reload the firmware of install a new MCU. If it's the latter then I would go with an upgrade to a DX7590 or Z7590 or the Z612.
--
I've used every Kodak digital camera ever made....and that's a lot of cameras.

OP Ifloda Regular Member • Posts: 140
Re: for Val & Dave

Thanks for your help. I have been in touch with Kodak. It's going to be $150 min. for them to fix the camera. I actually ordered a Canon S3 IS last week. I thought another family member might want the Kodak- guess not now. I really enjoy the Kodak forum-friendliest people around. I'm sure I'll be in and out. Many thanks!
Catherine

demarren123456 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,663
Re:for Ifloda error
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads