new review of D80(i believe no one have seen it)

Started Aug 31, 2006 | Discussions
filmstyle New Member • Posts: 6
new review of D80(i believe no one have seen it)

http://dcinside.com/webdc/goods/review.php?pid=6623

from Korean site.

includs many sample, noise test, etc.

page loading may slow due to amout of pics.

rschoemaker Regular Member • Posts: 465
Re: new review of D80(i believe no one have seen it)

What happended with the whitebalance on those test-shots? Looks awfully green to me. Did they mention anything about it in the review?

Thanks!
Rob

 rschoemaker's gear list:rschoemaker's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 5700 Nikon D70 Nikon D300 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +10 more
OP filmstyle New Member • Posts: 6
Re: new review of D80(i believe no one have seen it)

the reviewer said "it produces a little blue on fluorescent." (it was auto WB)

but another reviewer said "didn't happend to me"

the normal sample here(all the fluorescent)

http://www.slrclub.com/bbs/vx2.php?id=newproduct_nikon&page=1&sn1=&sid1=&divpage=5&sn=off&sid=off&ss=on&sc=off&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=23828

i think dcinside reviewer is kinda newbie maybe.

fudgebrown Senior Member • Posts: 2,640
Re: new review of D80(i believe no one have seen it)

Did you see, they have a 32MB SD card in there!! nice - you can take 2-3 raw images!!

-- hide signature --

'Procrastinate now, don't put it off.'

 fudgebrown's gear list:fudgebrown's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Nikon D810 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM +5 more
Arturo Fukuda Senior Member • Posts: 1,251
thanks for sharing the link...nt
-- hide signature --

My 18-200VR Galleries:
http://afukuda.smugmug.com/
http://www.pbase.com/afukuda/cusco_puno

Nikkor Lenses:
[18-200mm VR] [50mm f1.8D] [50mm Nikon Kogaku f2.0]
[105MM F2.5 AIs] [70-300 ED]

David Chin Forum Pro • Posts: 11,670
Thanks very much for this! ...

The downloads are slow, but the wait is worth it. I like the fact that they've taken quite a number of images; and I'm getting a pretty good feel of the D80's capabilities in this area.

Suffice to say, my D70 is trounced in almost every area that has to do with colours - Auto WB under fluorescent lighting (wrt http://www.slrclub.com/bbs/vx2.php?id=newproduct_nikon&page=1&sn1=&sid1=&divpage=5&sn=off&sid=off&ss=on&sc=off&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=23828 ) and over a wide variety of lighting situations is one aspect that really stands out.

-- hide signature --

Regards, David Chin
(D.7.0. & C.P.4.5.0.0.)

Nikon D80 Links:
http://www.nikond80links.com
http://www.pbase.com/dlcmh/nikon_d80_sneak_pictures

Links to all my other sites:
http://www.flickr.com/people/davidchinphoto

dr_elis Senior Member • Posts: 1,162
Re: Lousy resolution of the D80??

1800 lines vertical, 2000 horizontal - this would be not good enough for a 10 MP DLSR.

Spenser Junior Member • Posts: 49
I just want that 18-135 lens (nt)
-- hide signature --

Spenser
Nikon D50
Sigma 18-200DC
Wanting More

http://www.betterphoto.com/gallery/free/gallery.asp?memberID=181367

wupeide Senior Member • Posts: 2,101
Re: Lousy resolution of the D80??

What?

dr_elis wrote:

1800 lines vertical, 2000 horizontal - this would be not good
enough for a 10 MP DLSR.

-- hide signature --

Peter Waldvogel

wupeide Senior Member • Posts: 2,101
Re: Thanks very much for this! ...

Thanks much, these shots, though a bit small, demonstrate some decent high ISO quality.... I have been waiting for that, and I hope it is the case....

Regards,
Peter

David Chin wrote:

The downloads are slow, but the wait is worth it. I like the fact
that they've taken quite a number of images; and I'm getting a
pretty good feel of the D80's capabilities in this area.

Suffice to say, my D70 is trounced in almost every area that has to
do with colours - Auto WB under fluorescent lighting (wrt

http://www.slrclub.com/bbs/vx2.php?id=newproduct_nikon&page=1&sn1=&sid1=&divpage=5&sn=off&sid=off&ss=on&sc=off&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=23828 ) and over a wide variety of lighting situations is one aspect that really stands out.

-- hide signature --

Peter Waldvogel

dr_elis Senior Member • Posts: 1,162
Re: 1800 lines vertical, 2000 horizontal

These figures came up in the google translation of this review. A poor result due to the kit lens?

wupeide wrote:
What?

dr_elis wrote:

1800 lines vertical, 2000 horizontal - this would be not good
enough for a 10 MP DLSR.

dr_elis Senior Member • Posts: 1,162
Re: Looks like they mixed it up!!

The direct link to the resolution test image shown in this review of the D80 is this:

"

"

Probably better not to take this review too seriously... :-)))

AndreRienstra Regular Member • Posts: 364
Re: new review of D80(i believe no one have seen it)

I must say Nikon finally improved their colors. IMHO never liked those of the D70 but there are much better.

J Mankila
J Mankila Veteran Member • Posts: 4,234
Yep! Nikon has a new approach...

AndreRienstra wrote:

I must say Nikon finally improved their colors. IMHO never liked
those of the D70 but there are much better.

I'm with you on this one. D70 gives wonderful raw-images if you take the time to adjust them. And the jpeg-files are soft no matter what you do to them, so I see raw's the only way to shoot with D70.

The colours seem a lot more like D200, which is a good thing, in my opinion. Less need to adjust photos in PP, but gives you the control if you want it.

If the response curve is the same as with D200, then it's more good news. While Canon's usually flatten the highlights in order to make mid-tones more contrasty, Nikon clearly prefers a more linear curve. The latter gives more pop to the highlights also and makes things easier for those who prefer to expose-to-the-right when they have the time in their hands.

What surprised me in the high ISO pics from the D80 that the saturation was kept even with sensitivities like 1600 and 3200! Well done! And what's more important, you get to choose which kind of noise you like. Personally, I'd switch the NR OFF up until HI-1, where I'd probably use NR LOW. The noise might be more visible, but at least it looks a lot more natural and film-like.

Janne Mankila

e268 Senior Member • Posts: 1,614
Which lens was used in these pictures?

Is it the kit lens 18-135 mm?

 e268's gear list:e268's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +2 more
NikonMike Senior Member • Posts: 1,254
Nice pictures

Those are among the best digital test shots I've ever seen. Low noise, excellent resolution. This camera looks like a winner.

 NikonMike's gear list:NikonMike's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +2 more
David Chin Forum Pro • Posts: 11,670
Peter, if you click on the small shots ...

... you get the full-sized image

wupeide wrote:

Thanks much, these shots, though a bit small, demonstrate some
decent high ISO quality.... I have been waiting for that, and I
hope it is the case....

-- hide signature --

Regards, David Chin
(D.7.0. & C.P.4.5.0.0.)

Nikon D80 Links:
http://www.nikond80links.com
http://www.pbase.com/dlcmh/nikon_d80_sneak_pictures

Links to all my other sites:
http://www.flickr.com/people/davidchinphoto

nik0n0clast Regular Member • Posts: 105
Re: new review of D80(i believe no one have seen it)

I haven't looked at all the samples, but I viewed the one of the bicycle full size. Looks pretty bad to me. The lettering on the bike is fuzzy and I can't see a really sharp point of focus. The reflector on the back wheel has a halo, almost like gaussian blur. Was the lens fogged up? Oh well, I won't decide anything until I see a more indepth review. But I wouldn't order this until I see results with a top quality lens and very careful technique.

Arturo Fukuda Senior Member • Posts: 1,251
Re: new review of D80(i believe no one have seen it)

what do u expect at f1.8 ?¿

to me most of the images posted look really great, even high iso shots, I found the D80 noise quite a bit good - with some of post-processing Iso 800 shots are ready for printing.

nik0n0clast wrote:

I haven't looked at all the samples, but I viewed the one of the
bicycle full size. Looks pretty bad to me. The lettering on the
bike is fuzzy and I can't see a really sharp point of focus. The
reflector on the back wheel has a halo, almost like gaussian blur.
Was the lens fogged up? Oh well, I won't decide anything until I
see a more indepth review. But I wouldn't order this until I see
results with a top quality lens and very careful technique.

-- hide signature --

My 18-200VR Galleries:
http://afukuda.smugmug.com/
http://www.pbase.com/afukuda/cusco_puno

Nikkor Lenses:
[18-200mm VR] [50mm f1.8D] [50mm Nikon Kogaku f2.0]
[105MM F2.5 AIs] [70-300 ED]

OP filmstyle New Member • Posts: 6
Re: Thanks very much for this! ...

i'm happy to see that review too.

i'm using olympus e330 right now, but ASAP i'm gonna get D80... only if i can sell mine at resonable price.

D80 really rocks!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads