Can not mount lens

Started Aug 11, 2006 | Discussions
tc333 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,967
Can not mount lens

Got a Tokina lens from e bay cheap but i can not mount it to the camera! Lens is in great cond. and it is a 80-200mm and i had no idea it has a A setting

Can anyone tell me from the markings if it does not fit the K100D for some reason? It has PK-A and R-PK marking on it
Cheers
Tony

tc333's gear list:tc333's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9
OP tc333 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,967
Re: Can not mount lens
Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9
Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9
Foxbat121 Senior Member • Posts: 1,599
 Foxbat121's gear list:Foxbat121's gear list
Sony a6000 Nikon 1 J4 Nikon 1 J5 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF +15 more

ok no pic

Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9
John Bean (UK) Forum Pro • Posts: 18,035

Some non-Pentax lenses won't mount because the guard that prorects the aparture lever protrudes too far.

But that's probably a good thing in this case - you seem to have a Ricoh version of the K mount which can be very difficult to remove if mounted die to a non-standard pin that can foul the AF drive.

There's much discussion about Ricoh K mounts if the search engine is working.

John Bean (UK)'s gear list:John Bean (UK)'s gear list
Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 OSS
TresOkies Senior Member • Posts: 2,420

Don't try putting tags around the image path. Just paste the path and the forum software will insert it.

-- hide signature --

My Photo-a-Day gallery
http://gallery.ericcloninger.com

The problem with the P/K-A mount is the large metal flange that protects the aperture lever. I know that James (aka Rupert60) ground down that flange to a small width and was able to mount a P/K-A on his DS.

I'll add this lens to the Canonical list.

-- hide signature --

My Photo-a-Day gallery

jeffkrol Veteran Member • Posts: 6,225

It should mount, problem is you may not get it off !!!!! See the other thread... Anyways some Vivitar lenses have a part of the lensmount that doesn't fit inside the current mirror box. Do not think this is the same w/ Tokinas but maybe???
--
360 minutes from the prime meridian. (-5375min, 3.55sec) 1093' above sea level.

Tresokies thanks for sorting the pic and to the rest of you cheers for the info. I am going to check the site out now

Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9

Ok so i need to get the dremmel out....might as well go try now! Will report back after surgery

Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9

tc333 wrote:

Ok so i need to get the dremmel out....might as well go try now!
Will report back after surgery

Make sure you cover the rear lens element completely before starting and make sure there is no debris when you finish. I haven't undertaken this step with my old Vivitar yet, so please post pix if you go through with it.

-E

-- hide signature --

My Photo-a-Day gallery

Roland Mabo Forum Pro • Posts: 12,462

You're Tokina is for the Ricoh KP/AR mount. This is Ricoh's version of the K-mount with auto aperture - similar in functionality to the Pentax KA mount, but they're not compatible. Even if you do get it to mount on/off, with the help of some machinery, it will not work in the auto modes on the K100D, simply because the contacts are different. You can use it in manual mode on a Pentax manual focus body. For the K100D, I say - skip it. It's not worth messing around with. You may break your camera, you may break the lens.

Take care
R

Too bad i did not read this post before doing it! Was easy to cut off and had the lens extended so that i could put some make up pads down into it and taped that over. There was very lil debris and i used several lens clean throw away cloths to wipe everything down and then used a blower brush and wiped down all again.

Aperture would not work in any mode even using the ael lock method so that was a waste of time. On removing the lens i found teeny bit of cotton wool i had skipped that was lodged on something and am hoping none got on the sensor.

Roland Mabo wrote:

You're Tokina is for the Ricoh KP/AR mount. This is Ricoh's version
of the K-mount with auto aperture - similar in functionality to the
Pentax KA mount, but they're not compatible. Even if you do get it
to mount on/off, with the help of some machinery, it will not work
in the auto modes on the K100D, simply because the contacts are
different. You can use it in manual mode on a Pentax manual focus
body. For the K100D, I say - skip it. It's not worth messing around
with. You may break your camera, you may break the lens.

Take care
R

Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9
Roland are you sure?

Picture shows P/K-A R-P/K on the flange Which looks pretty much to be a standard P/KA mount... Didn't know (except for the flange thing that there are different P/
KA mounts. Or Tokina terminology is a bit screwy..

-- hide signature --

Greg Erker Contributing Member • Posts: 776
Re: Roland are you sure?

The contacts at 4 o'clock are the Pentax-A ones. The single contact at 5:30 is the Ricoh one, that potentially can cause the lens to get stuck on a Pentax AF camera.

Greg

Re: Roland are you sure?

Understand that. My point was w/ the flange ground down and the pin removed or cut off it should operate like any other KA mount. Auto aperature should be possible with this lens. Doesn't look to be a plain old K mount. I think the OP should re-look the lens and see if something was done wrong. Set to A this should work fine on a Pentax DSLR.

-- hide signature --

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads