Nikon D2X Err Message - How do I do a full-blown reset

Started May 29, 2006 | Discussions
adventure_photo
adventure_photo Contributing Member • Posts: 846
Nikon D2X Err Message - How do I do a full-blown reset

My Nikon D2X keeps giving me an 'Err' message in the main display indicating camera malfunction according to the instruction manual. This happens after powering up the camera and on the first release of the shutter, then this doesn't occur again until the next time I turn the camera off for a while then on again.

Does anyone know how to fix this? How do I perform a master hardware reset? And, do you think this would help? BTW, the camera is using the latest firmware 1.0.1.

I know how to perform the two-button reset and how to reset custom functions, but wanted to know how to do a full-blown factory reset - perhaps one that is not commonly known - a secret reset that only Nikon techies know about?

Thanks for the help.

Cheers-
GearGuru

adventure_photo's gear list:adventure_photo's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony a7R III Sony a7 III Sony a7C Voigtlander 35mm F1.2 Nokton +31 more
Jens Dyrløv Contributing Member • Posts: 758
Re: Nikon D2X Err Message - How do I do a full-blown reset

It it a sign that the shutter or the aperture lever is failing or is malfunctioning. There is no way to curcumvent that other than getting either one of the above replaced.

You can live with it and eventually it will fail (may take a long time), or you can get the parts replaced.

I had it on a brand new D2H and I got the shutter replaced, and the problem was gone.

Sorry to be the one who have to break the bad news.

-- hide signature --

Jens Dyrløv

robbfromstoke Regular Member • Posts: 229
Re: Nikon D2X Err Message - How do I do a full-blown reset

Have the same probs since 4000 releases, i will give the camera to a service point because its now one year old, maybe i will replace the shutter, i don´t know yet...

Cheer up, i got used to it quite fast...

Does anyone knows how much this will cost???

gentoo2kk Regular Member • Posts: 226
Err Message - Non-CPU lens

i don't have this kind of problem, but i can recall back when i put on a 50mm 1.8 D lens(non-cpu), error message occured. But then when i swith the yellow inner ring tab parabel with outer ring(22/f = 22/f), problem solved.
Take care.
-- http://kamkeatphotography.com/godigital

adventure_photo
OP adventure_photo Contributing Member • Posts: 846
Sending to Nikon - Thanks

I appreciate your responses.

Camera is en route to Nikon for repair.

Cheers-
GearGuru

adventure_photo's gear list:adventure_photo's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony a7R III Sony a7 III Sony a7C Voigtlander 35mm F1.2 Nokton +31 more
tinophoto New Member • Posts: 2
Re: Sending to Nikon - Thanks

How much it cost to fix it?

tinophoto New Member • Posts: 2
Re: Sending to Nikon - Thanks

I have same camera has same issue

Thanks

Tony

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads