A few more with the 105VR

Started Apr 20, 2006 | Discussions
D a v e Contributing Member • Posts: 775
A few more with the 105VR

These aren't too special, but I have not seen many postings on this lens and I do think it is truly special.

These were all shot in jpeg mode at F4 and were not post processed (including sharpening) in any way. In fact I uploaded these via Picasa to my Flickr account.

That is my daughters head in the background...she loves to stop and smell the flowers.

I included this one only because it is so darn sharp and this is a pretty impressive looking bulldog!

-- hide signature --

Dave

D a v e's gear list:D a v e's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100
Glenn Ikeda Contributing Member • Posts: 572
Re: A few more with the 105VR

I agree that the 105vr can be a special performer.

I've never studied macro and have taken less than 20 macro shots with the 105vr, but here are a couple of handheld shots that favorably surprised me.

Lonely Raven Senior Member • Posts: 1,612

Glenn, those are GREAT! So 3D that I think I'm having allergies just looking at them! LOL
--
The Lonely Raven

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

OP D a v e Contributing Member • Posts: 775
Glen those are spectacular...

Best examples of what the 105 VR can do that I have seen to date.

Would love to know the camera settings for the first shot and how far from the lily the lens was.

Glad I started this thread. Hope other owners will share their "keepers" as well.

-- hide signature --

Dave

D a v e's gear list:D a v e's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100
Glenn Ikeda Contributing Member • Posts: 572
Re: Glen those are spectacular...

Thanks, Dave. I like yours, too, especially the one with your daughter's head as a partial backdrop.

The orchid shot was handheld with my D2HS, ISO 400, 1/20, f/5.6, AWB, Color Mode II RGB, Tone: Normal, Sat: Normal. I did sharpening and some minimal PP in Capture and CS2. Taken indoors with overcast lighting coming through a window.

The flowering tree shot was handheld with my D50, ISO 200, 1/2500, f/4, AWB, Color Mode IIIa sRGB, Tone: Medium Low, Sat: Normal. Sharpening and minimal PP in Capture and CS2. Taken outdoors in extremely bright light and very windy, so I pumped up the shutter speed.

When you hit it just right, this lens gives you some pretty sweet images.

Glenn

bibi0012 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,157

I am sold on this lens.

bibi0012's gear list:bibi0012's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 J5 Fujifilm X-T20 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 +3 more
HansV Contributing Member • Posts: 793
Re: Glen those are spectacular...

D a v e wrote:

Glad I started this thread. Hope other owners will share their

"keepers" as well.

Hi Dave,

The 105 VR is an excellent lens indeed. One of my keepers:

-- hide signature --
 HansV's gear list:HansV's gear list
Sony RX100 II Nikon D750 Olympus 17mm F1.2 Pro
Vu Ho Regular Member • Posts: 143

D a v e wrote:

These aren't too special, but I have not seen many postings on this
lens and I do think it is truly special.

1) A lot of people are satisfied with their current macro lens that an upgrade isn't justify especially at such a price.

2) It's probably because the lens is so new that it hasn't really penetrated the market especially since it's not easy to find in stock.

Mine is coming today...I've been waiting weeks for it and I got it for a great price as well. Today will be a good day.

Skunkabilly Contributing Member • Posts: 961

Thanks for posting, looks great

-- hide signature --

How can you shoot women and children?
Easy...ya don't stop down so much. Ain't photography Hell!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads