E-330

http://www.4-3system.com/

Don't shoot the messenger.

-- hide signature --

Scott

Scott Whittemore
OP Scott Whittemore Veteran Member • Posts: 4,783
Re: E-330 -- Oops!

I just realized this is not news to you guys. I should've known better.

Sorry.

-- hide signature --

Scott

Louis_Dobson
Louis_Dobson Forum Pro • Posts: 27,576

The name is news, as were two of the shots.

So - E500 intenals, E300 body style, EVF. Or so it seems.

Hmm.

Doesn't thrill me greatly.

I want a new sensor.

-- hide signature --
 Louis_Dobson's gear list:Louis_Dobson's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
BamaPanda
BamaPanda Senior Member • Posts: 2,271

Fist time I have seen it.

If that is true - it would be an interesting camera. I almost hope they would use the 300 body (but they would porbably be conservative and use the likes of a 500) as I have always liked the quirkiness of that design.

Man, if they came with that body, the E500 sensor, and an EV (or maybe something even better) - that would be some camera!

BamaPanda's gear list:BamaPanda's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ
Louis_Dobson
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
ubiquityman Regular Member • Posts: 421

I thought it was concluded that the current E500 sensor was not capable of live preview.?

Jon Ragnarsson
Jon Ragnarsson Veteran Member • Posts: 5,282
E-500 and E-300 use the same sensor (NT)
 Jon Ragnarsson's gear list:Jon Ragnarsson's gear list
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8
Louis_Dobson
Re: E-500 and E-300 use the same sensor (NT)

Exactly.

And it doesn't like running for live previews.
--
http://www.pbase.com/acam/

thnp Regular Member • Posts: 184
Re: E-330

Yarg!

I don't want this!

Give me an e-3 with OVF+EVF, live histogram, 5fps in an E-1 body, and I would be more than happy ,-)

Anyway.. this little E-330 baby would maybe suit me as a traveller cam if they get some smaller lenses for this purpose - I.E OM-size

TH
--
If you can see it - Shoot it.

Michael Meissner
Michael Meissner Forum Pro • Posts: 27,230
Why limit yourself to one sensor?

Louis_Dobson wrote:

Exactly.

And it doesn't like running for live previews.

As has been extensively hashed out, the current DSLR sensors are not capable of live preview, and the p&s sensors that are capable of live preview have lower ISO limits. Now just as a thought experiment, imagine if they still had the E-300/E-500 sensor from Kodak in the normal place, but the light path to the viewfinder has a p&s sensor in it, and does the normal EVF handling. That way you still have the normal 4/3 DSLR sensor to record the scene, but use the second sensor for the VF. Unfortunately it would still have a mirror slap. I could see possibilities where you might have a replacable housing that switches between optical VF or EVF, or even a switch in the camera.

Michael Meissner's gear list:Michael Meissner's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1 Olympus E-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 Olympus 14-150 F4-5.6 II +23 more
Simon Zeev
Simon Zeev Senior Member • Posts: 2,914

I recently buy an E500 and I think that is a wonderfull camera, but I miss the EVF of the Canon S1 IS. The OVF is verry good but the live preview helps a lot! I will not replace the E500 but I'm sure that my future camera will have an EVF.

-- hide signature --

zeev

Simon Zeev's gear list:Simon Zeev's gear list
Canon PowerShot S1 IS Ricoh Caplio GX100 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II +1 more
Louis_Dobson
Re: Why limit yourself to one sensor?

Yes, it is possible, but it seems a bit of a kludge...
--

Michael Meissner
Michael Meissner Forum Pro • Posts: 27,230

Louis_Dobson wrote:

Yes, it is possible, but it seems a bit of a kludge...

I dunno, I tend to view flapping mirrors and 2 curtain shutters as a kludge too.... But as we say in computers, "It's not a bug, it's a feature".

Michael Meissner's gear list:Michael Meissner's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1 Olympus E-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 Olympus 14-150 F4-5.6 II +23 more
Louis_Dobson

I find the whole dSLR thing a kludge too, it is just the best way round some tiresome limitations. Once we have top quality sensors that tolerate permanent power, and an EVF with negligable lag, then we can happily chuck them away. I was hoping that the new Oly might be exactly that camera. An E300 with a second sensor stuffed in the viewfinder is not quite what I'd hoped for...
--

Quest21 Senior Member • Posts: 1,873

I can't find the pics of this new camera.
Do you have a link?

Scott Whittemore wrote:

-- hide signature --
Louis_Dobson

It doesn't preview until 26/01/06. You'll have to wait...
--

JR_Sprawls Senior Member • Posts: 2,455

Louis_Dobson wrote:

I find the whole dSLR thing a kludge too, it is just the best way
round some tiresome limitations.

Agreed. It's time the camera makers begin thinking outside the film-camera box.

I've been wishing for an upsized Sony 828 with a 4/3 lens mount, but I'd settle for a revived and upsized e-10.

As to the sensor, I really don't care where it comes from so long as it gets good pictures. But if Sony can adapt an SLR sensor for EVF in the R1 then there's a decent chance that Kodak can do it -- either with a derivative of their existing sensor or a new design.

-- hide signature --

J.R.

Somewhere south
of Amarillo

Tony Bukada Forum Member • Posts: 85
This what it all means

The first pic shows the man in the shape of a tripod. This camera will have some sort of IS, probably the type used in camcorders.

The second pic, walking into the water, indicates a long zoom, probably a prosumer camera, 4/3rds size sensor, like the new Sony, with a non removeable lens. Obviously, the last one means the EVF.

The "tough as nuts' things means that the camera will be built like a hockey puck, to near military standards, able to take abuse, and of course, water proof/resistant.

That's my call. I think Olympus feels, for now, that's where all the profit is. Prosumer all-in-one, ala Sony, and entry level SLR's.

Scott Whittemore wrote:

Louis_Dobson
Re: This what it all means

Except they have publicly announced they are concentrating on SLRs.

I think it will be an SLR - or at least a camera with interchangeable lens. And I think all three adds relate to an EVF.
--

Camilo_C Contributing Member • Posts: 612
Re: This what it all means

Tony Bukada wrote:

The first pic shows the man in the shape of a tripod. This camera
will have some sort of IS, probably the type used in camcorders.

The second pic, walking into the water, indicates a long zoom,
probably a prosumer camera, 4/3rds size sensor, like the new Sony,
with a non removeable lens. Obviously, the last one means the EVF.

I think you are looking to deep into it. For me all of the teasers suggest just the EVF and nothing else. The tripod shot just shows how difficult it is to do that type shots without a live preview. The same with the other two...

There might be some IS in a future Oly camera; I just don't think it will be together with an EVF in a camera like the rumored E-330... just my 2 cents anyway.

Camilo_C
----------------
http://www.pbase.com/camilocano
C 7 5 0, E - 5 0 0 - P r o m a s t e r 5 7 5 0 D X

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads