Canon Canada repair story

Started Dec 18, 2005 | Discussions
James C. Murray Senior Member • Posts: 2,078
Re: This makes one think...

I imagine that Canon know quite well what warranty work is costing them. It will be acounted for in their financial system, as while it is "Free" for the consumer it is a cost to Canon. It may well be that they are happy with the cost balance between warranty work and increased quality control.

Whether they have a handle on consumer frustration is another question.

When they realise it, and feel it is costing them enough in sales, they may rethink the economics, but in the end it comes down to costs vs revenue.

James C. Murray's gear list:James C. Murray's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II
branthunter New Member • Posts: 3
Re: Canon Canada repair story

I had a similar experience with Nikon's Vancouver repair centre so switched to Canon ( at much expense) and my one repair experience with the Canon Brampton centre was excellent.

trulandphoto
trulandphoto Contributing Member • Posts: 968
This might be a record resurrection - 14 1/2 years [nt]
-- hide signature --
 trulandphoto's gear list:trulandphoto's gear list
Canon EOS RP Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 Canon RF 600mm F11 IS STM +4 more
Andy01 Senior Member • Posts: 4,055

branthunter wrote:

I had a similar experience with Nikon's Vancouver repair centre so switched to Canon ( at much expense) and my one repair experience with the Canon Brampton centre was excellent.

The OP certainly will not care - his/her last post here was in 2009.

Why resurrect a 15 year thread to post about a bad experience with Nikon (in a Canon forum) ?

Colin

Andy01's gear list:Andy01's gear list
Canon EOS M5 Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF 35mm F2 IS USM +5 more
Igor Sotelo Regular Member • Posts: 394

Andy01 wrote:

branthunter wrote:

The OP certainly will not care - his/her last post here was in 2009.

Why resurrect a 15 year thread to post about a bad experience with Nikon (in a Canon forum) ?

Colin

Jump shipping is an extremely expensive sport. Still can’t thank enough folks that went with Sony recently.

Igor Sotelo's gear list:Igor Sotelo's gear list
Nikon D800 Canon EOS 6D Nikon Df Canon EOS 5DS Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM +11 more
rsn48 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,755
Yet another who doesn't read the original post

The OP was quite clear a number of times he was discussing a Canon L lens.

I've been guilty of resurrecting an old thread, quite innocently. You knows those folks who say search first then ask on the forum, well know that some do, like me for instance.  But I don't always look at the "best before" date when commenting on the thread.

-- hide signature --

According to Manny Faber, there are "termite artists" who shoot in obscurity pursuing an inner vision others can't see (think Vivian Maier). And there are "white elephant artists" who shout out with technique and vision for all to see (think Ansel Adams). Which one you are doesn't matter, both have produced fine art.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads