new d200 spec!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started Oct 22, 2005 | Discussions
Atlanta-Mike Senior Member • Posts: 1,302
Re: Could Multi-CAM2000-ll be the "Special Feature" ???

What is the combined shutter thing that allows 1/500 flash? Could that be the "special feature"?

Atlanta-Mike

MOD TOF guy Forum Pro • Posts: 15,294
Re: CCD? What happened to Nemo LBCAST v2? (nt)

Wouldn't you expect this new sensor to be present in a "D3H", rather than in the D200. As far as we know (well, I grant you that we know very little ...), Nikon has not given up CCD.
--
Thierry

TOF guy's gear list:TOF guy's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +7 more
Michael Mohrmann Senior Member • Posts: 2,117
Re: speculation had been

Adam Kmiec wrote:

the reason for a november delay was the move to a FF sensor.

Assuming it's the D200 that's about to be announced and not a pro-level FF DSLR for Nikon, how about a move "toward" a FF sensor? What if the D200 were a 1.25x crop DSLR with the ability to handle DX (1.5x) lenses?

Re: CCD? What happened to Nemo LBCAST v2? (nt)

TOF guy wrote:

Wouldn't you expect this new sensor to be present in a "D3H",
rather than in the D200. As far as we know (well, I grant you that
we know very little ...), Nikon has not given up CCD.

Wouldn't this also be true if the D200 were to have a 1/500 sec flash X-sync, requiring a CCD sensor rather than a CMOS sensor?

Adam Kmiec Veteran Member • Posts: 4,315
i'd take it

and it would satisfy everyone. better yet though would be a FF sensor that gives you the option to utilize only a DX portion.
--
Currently refusing to upgrade until Nikon gives me FF.

Antonio Rojilla Senior Member • Posts: 1,242
Re: i haven't upgraded since

Adam Kmiec wrote:

I have a D100 and a D2Hs. I'm done upgrading nikon bodies till
they give me FF.

Nice for you. I expect new DX lenses, don't see the point for FF...

-- hide signature --
chris3010 Senior Member • Posts: 2,738
Re: i'd take it (a non-FF? oh my)

Adam,

You're going to have to change your signature. You'd take a 1.25 crop camera? Now I can't possibly understand why you keep going on & on about a FF body.

Chris

Adam Kmiec wrote:

and it would satisfy everyone. better yet though would be a FF
sensor that gives you the option to utilize only a DX portion.
--
Currently refusing to upgrade until Nikon gives me FF.

jefflins Contributing Member • Posts: 657
Re: i haven't upgraded since

As mentioned before, the F100 to F5 comparison doesn't work...there are enough differentiators to support the F5s 1K price differential. With D200 vs D2X you are looking at 3K, so there ought to be a wider difference between them. FPS, Sensor size, AF ability, build quality. Theres your key differentiators. So when you hear things like 5fps 12mpix with cam2000 in D100 like body, you have to wonder why people will by a D2X. Answer? Because the D200 won't have all of these features...

As for all of this "special feature" stuff, don't get your hopes up. Very rarely does the "special feature" live up to the hype, and I don't see nikon shaking things up too much...

GagBagger Senior Member • Posts: 2,855
He's right on...

...well, pretty close anyway.

As I've said for months (after seeing one for myself, and there are two here on this forum that can back this up -- if they see this)...

It will be 10.x MP
It will be DX
It will be CCD
It will be CAM 2k
It will be 1/500s Flash

Also, it will take (or share) the high-ISO noise crown from Canon's 20D (in this market segment). No more crying about noise and/or lack of detail at higher ISOs.

Lastly, there is one more "surprise" feature that I think will excite some people (just some) in the D200 that no other dSLR has (at the moment). It's not a huge, earth-shattering feature (for some it will be) but it is pretty nifty.

Brendan
--

If you shoot Nikon don't argue with Canon measurbators, they have much longer rulers.

carpeicthus Regular Member • Posts: 391

How would it have the ability to handle, say, an 18-70 without severe vignetting? A 1.25x crop basically says "Don't expect to have this camera for long -- we're changing things up but we haven't worked the kinks out yet." The company marketing would work against itself and create a too-long grey patch of uncertainty. Won't happen. Canon (sorta) makes the orphan focal length work because they have control of their own sensor destiny and don't have a good range of APS-sized lenses.

Nikon WILL go 35mm eventually, but where it matters is in the high-end market where you're competing with medium format. Without some massive technological changes, a 22MP APS sensor would be a disaster. But the market and tech for that level is still nascent; the digital back market is only now starting to wake up, for example. Feeling betrayed that the D200 won't be full-frame is like everyone feeling betrayed that it wasn't released in September; there has never been even a hint from official circles that it would be, so you're arguing against a wholly constructed fantasy.

I really don't begrudge long-time film users from wanting their lenses to act the way they're used to, but it's not that big an issue. We like to pretend it is because we can take sides on it. I blogged for years, sometimes about really important issues, and no topic ever drew more attention than ones that could come down to a simple fight: Coke vs. Pepsi; Mac vs. PC; Nikon vs. Canon; 35mm vs APS. A lot of people find it fun to fight about, but the world isn't arranged in stark dichotomies.

Except Coke is awful, PCs are horrid, and Canon? Ew.

Kidding. Kinda.

Michael Mohrmann wrote:

Adam Kmiec wrote:

the reason for a november delay was the move to a FF sensor.

Assuming it's the D200 that's about to be announced and not a
pro-level FF DSLR for Nikon, how about a move "toward" a FF sensor?
What if the D200 were a 1.25x crop DSLR with the ability to handle
DX (1.5x) lenses?

carpeicthus wrote:

How would it have the ability to handle, say, an 18-70 without severe vignetting?

How about auto-sensing a DX lens and provide a 1.5x crop? A 14.4MP 1.25x crop sensor would be reduced to a 10MP 1.5x crop, more than any other camera that Nikon has except for the D2X.

Antonio Rojilla Senior Member • Posts: 1,242
A Snoopy sticker?

GagBagger wrote:

Lastly, there is one more "surprise" feature that I think will
excite some people (just some) in the D200 that no other dSLR has
(at the moment). It's not a huge, earth-shattering feature (for
some it will be) but it is pretty nifty.

A Snoopy sticker? That for sure will excite some people (just some, of course) and no other DSLR has it...

-- hide signature --
gcvd Regular Member • Posts: 297
Re: He's right on...

... it's a new Auto-Compose mode. It will tell you when you're not following the rule of thirds or taking a bullseye shot. It will criticize your lack of photographic imagination and tell you to stoop down for a better perspective.

carpeicthus Regular Member • Posts: 391
Re: A Snoopy sticker?

Your dSLR doesn't have a Snoopy sticker? Man, you've gotta catch up.
--
Portfolio: http:///www.ryanbrenizer.com
Photoblog: http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpeicthus

trathman Contributing Member • Posts: 522
Re: How do you know?(nt)

EYANDA wrote:

it is real.. trust me..

i can't no more coment... the source of information

We know, if you say more someone will have to shoot you.

GagBagger Senior Member • Posts: 2,855
OK, I'll spit it out...

...it's a small booger storage comparment for those times when then venue doesn't permit direct nose-to-mouth transfer.

Brendan
--

If you shoot Nikon don't argue with Canon measurbators, they have much longer rulers.

Anthony Medici Veteran Member • Posts: 5,725

How if it can only go to 1600?
--
Tony

http://www.pbase.com/a5m http://AnthonyMedici.naturescapes.net/

GagBagger wrote:

Also, it will take (or share) the high-ISO noise crown from Canon's
20D (in this market segment). No more crying about noise and/or
lack of detail at higher ISOs.

Brendan

Anthony Medici's gear list:Anthony Medici's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon D7100 Nikon 1 AW1 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 500mm f/4G ED VR +1 more
Richard Dong Contributing Member • Posts: 923
It's a sensor squeegee, right? (nt)
Skiwi33 Regular Member • Posts: 380
i know

it will come with a back-focus mode.

michaeladawson Forum Pro • Posts: 13,243

Anthony Medici wrote:

How if it can only go to 1600?
--

No one has said it can only go to 1600. 1600 would be the rated ISO. The D2X is only 100-800. The question is whether it has the HI-1/HI-2 modes. I sure hope so. I must have 3200.

michaeladawson's gear list:michaeladawson's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D7200 Nikon D5 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-H1 +30 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads