Sunset by the river with my P850...

Started Oct 9, 2005 | Discussions
Pierre MARZIN Junior Member • Posts: 43
Sunset by the river with my P850...

I've had so much fun shooting these pics that I can help sharing them! As light was very tiny, I've had to denoise every pics. Which is your favourite?

(More to see here: http://marzinp.free.fr/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=75&page=2 )

K8 Senior Member • Posts: 1,733
Re: Sunset by the river with my P850...

some interesting shots there (though what happened to auto rotate...)
--

Got a DX, taken a shot, blank EVF ? no worries, use the shutter button the camera can still take pictures, even if you can't see.

OP Pierre MARZIN Junior Member • Posts: 43

The tree rotation is intentionnal... I was in a poetic mood

pcchris Forum Pro • Posts: 14,855

I looks like eyeballs and faces in #1. Great photos, you need to enter one in the monthly contest....
--
Chris

http://photobucket.com/albums/a157/pcchris01/Favorites/

snapdawg Regular Member • Posts: 171

I love the first one and the last one...simply gorgeous! These are some of the best pics with the 850 I think I've seen so far. Thanks for sharing them.
--
Denise
Z7590, CX7530 and Oly Stylus Zoom 140

pcchris wrote:

I looks like eyeballs and faces in #1. Great photos, you need to
enter one in the monthly contest....

I'm sorry, what does your first sentence mean? (I'm french and my english is kinda limited!). Thanks for your nice comment, but what is the monthly contest?

marirose3657
marirose3657 Senior Member • Posts: 1,368

They are wonderful shots

Marirose
P850 User

marirose3657's gear list:marirose3657's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1 Panasonic FZ1000 Nikon Coolpix P900 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Canon EOS 5D Mark II +4 more
demarren123456 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,663

I love 1 and 4 .
the light is great.

-- hide signature --

Demarren
Using Olympus E-10 E-300 And C7000
Website http://demarren.zoto.com/

pcchris Forum Pro • Posts: 14,855
For Pierre

What I meant was, if you look closley at picture #1, you can see what looks like faces in the water. You can even see what looks like human eyes. When you look at clouds, don't you see things in them sometimes?

The contest is run by George, and this month the theme is reflections. Here is his instructions for this month. Your pictures may win. There is no prize, you just get to pick the theme for the next contest.

I just got home, read my email, and Taz has made his selection for this month's topic. His suggestion, and it undoubtedly will generate some very interesting photo's, is "Reflections", from a window, from a mirror, on the water, etc. This will take a little planning and forethought, but that being said, we should see some exciting pictures submitted.

Going over the requirements once again, all photo's must be taken with a Kodak camera, reduced in size to 640x480, and submitted to gfwkodakcomp@gmail.com. Entries will be accepted through October 28, 2005.
Good luck to all.
--
Chris

http://photobucket.com/albums/a157/pcchris01/Favorites/

Ulo Veteran Member • Posts: 6,355

holy smoke... fantastic pics, shows the P850's strengths. I like pic 4 best

Ulo's gear list:Ulo's gear list
Nikon D800
George Wooden Senior Member • Posts: 2,625

Hello Pierre, my name is George. It is my pleasure to make your acquaintance. As Chris informed you, each month we hold a very informal photo contest for the members of this forum. Each month we have a different topic for submissions, chosen by the previous month's winner. Our requirements are simple, photos taken with a Kodak camera (it's a Kodak forum), taken within the past year, and re-sized down to 640x480, for the sake of dial-up members. Submit your entry to me at gfwkodakcomp@gmail.com no later than Oct. 28, 2005. I will then post the link to the album with all of this month's entries, and voting will run through the end of the month, at which time I will tally all the votes and announce the winner, who will then choose the topic for November.

No trophy's, no prize money, just a lot of fun with your friends on the forum. Please feel free to join us.

By the way, I love the success you are having with the P850. Keep posting shots like these, and some people may change their thoughts about this camera
--
Never too old to learn.
DX7590 V1.01

mike051051
mike051051 Senior Member • Posts: 2,368

Pierre,

Wonderful pictures ! Thanks for showing them - great work, especially considering it's a brand new camera for you.
--
Mike O'Brien
Eastman Kodak Company

mike051051's gear list:mike051051's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Olympus PEN E-P1 Canon EOS 6D Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Canon EF 35mm F2.0 +22 more
Mimi Jo Contributing Member • Posts: 726

I like number 1.
Mimi Jo

littleeagle5 Forum Pro • Posts: 25,729

Bonjour Pierre....and thats the limit of my Francais:)..........i just love the first shot....is classic in its simplicity............a lovely series of photographs,,,,,,,,,thank you for sharing.

All the best,

Jen

efg40
efg40 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,193

Looks like you were having fun. I like the fourth one best - the gold reflected light in the leaves.

-- hide signature --

Elizabeth
efg40
DX7590

efg40's gear list:efg40's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 II Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR

True,I had fun! Thanks for all your nice comments! It's hard for me to choose among them.

I like the first one because life is a journey in the dark, the second because things look like you look at them, the third because nature is a gifted calligraph, fourth because there's allways a way to hope, fifth because photography can make wet leaves fly and sixth because there's often a story hidden inside a still image!

Here's another one to thank you all: it might be the one for the contest... ;)))

Thanks Mike. I just bought the lens adapter but I don't know exactly how to use it for macro. What would you recommend: close-up lenses or 50 mm lens or ... ? What settings should I use for AF external lens?
Any advice welcome. (It is my first digital camera...)

Atindra Veteran Member • Posts: 7,408

Great display of photography here. These are really impressive shots. I liked the first and last most.
Atindra

Atindra's gear list:Atindra's gear list
Pentax K-70 Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR Pentax 55-300mm F4.5-6.3 ED PLM WR RE
chiue
chiue Veteran Member • Posts: 9,448

Very interesting series of shots Pierre. 1st one is my favorite.

chiue
DX7590/DX6440
http://echiu1.photosite.com/

chiue's gear list:chiue's gear list
Kodak EasyShare C875 Kodak DX6440 Kodak DX7590 Kodak EasyShare P880 Kodak EasyShare V803 +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads