Holy Battery Grip!

Started Sep 7, 2005 | Discussions
GraphikEdition Regular Member • Posts: 429
Photo of grip on 350D???

Anyone got a shot of it on the camera so i can take a look?

It seems it will help with heavier lenses. I also use to use the one on my EOS5 all the time.

Thanks

Graphik

Bobby Timonera Senior Member • Posts: 1,081
Re: Holy Battery Grip!

Joe wrote:

Yes, but my question is if you had to start from scratch and as a
suggestion to a person just getting inot DSLR, isn't the D20 route
worth the added expense (since it has a better feel, more features
and longer battery life)?

Joe,

I don't know about the others, and I haven't actually tried a 20D. I came from a 300D, which I opted over the 10D, and invested the money saved into really good lenses (I have 3 all-L lens lineup now). Now that it's time for me to upgrade, 19 months after my first 300D purchase, I really don't regret having chosen the 300D over the 10D. Ditto now with the XT over the 20D. IMHO, the XT is a very capable camera. In fact, when I decided to move up to dSLR from film SLRs and P&S digicams, I was looking for no more than a digital body that will allow me to change aperture and shutter speed, and would even be happy even with no AF. But the 300D more than satisfied my needs (not wants), and I did enjoy shooting with it, even earning a little on the side.

I know that my investment in lenses will last for a long time, probably even for the rest of my life. But spending on dSLR bodies that will be replaced in less than 2 years, I don't think it's worth it. I believe the XT is much more capable than the 10D. Although I was salivating with the 10D before, but now I can smile to myself that I made the right choice with the 300D. The XT now is much much better than the 300D. The features I wished that will be incorporated in the 300D are now in the XT. What more can I ask?

Of course I know that in over a year, an XT upgrade will be around. And I'll probably upgrade, selling my XT as I did to my 300D so I'd raise only a few hundred $$$ more for the upgrade. I'd probably stick with the XT series, not unless the price of 5D or its successors will drop to 20D levels.

Keep shooting!

-- hide signature --

BOBBY TIMONERA, Iligan City, Philippines
http://www.pbase.com/timonera / http://www.photos.ph/timonera

Joe Forum Member • Posts: 57

Thanks for the input. I agree that for my level the XT will do everything that I need. Why not save the bucks and buy a decent lense. Which lenses do you have and how much were they?
Joe

DanFerg Regular Member • Posts: 492
Re: Photo of grip on 350D???

MaxiKana Regular Member • Posts: 490
got mine!

I just bought mine today, took a few pictures in the city to test it out, and wow! it's definatly worth every penny! I can't belive I didn't buy it when I bought the camera. A definate must-have!

Mister Mantis Veteran Member • Posts: 3,160
Re: My 350D with the battery-grip!

~ Mr. Mantis ~
--

balarila Senior Member • Posts: 1,268
Yep! Happy with mine. Cheap too!

Got mine for about a month now. It was the last accessory I got (after lenses and flash) and was hesitant about its usefulness. But once I held it, it was a totally different camera.

Amusing thing for me, I had Amazon shpp it to my friend in the US and intended to have my friend bring it to me on her visit. But Amazon shipped late and, to cut a long story short, I cancelled the order and bought one locally (Philippines). I was surprised they cost less than $100 here!

Some thing just work out great.
--
I'd rather add life to my years than years to my life.

cdibuycom Senior Member • Posts: 1,806
Got my grip today.

This sucker is sweet. Makes it easy to handhold 500mm @ 1/100!

Samples, resized. You can tell they're sharp without needing to be 100% crops:

-- hide signature --
Thanks for the photos!

Its a lot bigger than the one i use to use on my EOS 5 so i hope it evens out the balance on the camera nicely.

Thanks

Graphik

Re: Thanks for the photos!

It's a nice balance because neither 2 batteries nor the grip weigh too much apart, so when combined they're just about perfect.

GraphikEdition wrote:

Its a lot bigger than the one i use to use on my EOS 5 so i hope it
evens out the balance on the camera nicely.

Thanks

Graphik

-- hide signature --
Mrvile Regular Member • Posts: 391
Battery grip on a silver XT?

I've got a Silver XT and I would think the black grip would look pretty strange on it. Any thoughts?

Gorim Contributing Member • Posts: 952
Re: Battery grip on a silver XT?

Mrvile wrote:

I've got a Silver XT and I would think the black grip would look
pretty strange on it. Any thoughts?

Yeah, try exchanging it for a black XT, or don't buy an "off color" camera next time

stevendn Regular Member • Posts: 125

I previously posted pictures of the battery grip on a silver XT here:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1031&message=14481464

I think black looks better, but silver is acceptable.

Mrvile Regular Member • Posts: 391

Gorim wrote:

Mrvile wrote:

Yeah, try exchanging it for a black XT, or don't buy an "off color"
camera next time

Is it worth the extra 200 bucks on top? I don't think so...

Thanks for the pics Steven. It looks alright I guess, the black grip part on the XT saves it.

In my signature, the grip is attached to a silver XT. Kinda hard to tell but I still think it looks fine from the view through the lens!

Mrvile wrote:

-- hide signature --
yogestee Forum Member • Posts: 88

G'day Steven,,,,,I'm in "the Gong" too

Jurgen

Excellent. Thanks

Excellent. Thanks

akyrl Contributing Member • Posts: 610
Buy it now, you will not regret it - pic

Sorry for the crappy pic handheld Nikon Coolpix 4500 at 1/4s f2.6

The f4L will be replaced by a f2.8 IS shortly and a 85mm f1.8 and 20D / 20D successor will be added to it over the next few months.

Buy it now!

racketman Veteran Member • Posts: 3,135

I might just follow suit after reading various posts and reviews. Warehouse Express charge £150 but I see I can ship it from HK for £88.

Robert Watt Regular Member • Posts: 324

http://www.parkcameras.com have it for £105 (online price) and they have an excellent reputation.

Rob.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads