Canon IP4000 duplex problem (with text)
I've come across a strange problem with my IP4000:
When I print plain text using only one side of the paper it uses the text black cartridge and I get fast printing, near lazer quality.
When I print the same thing using both sides of paper (duplex option switched on), it uses the photo black and I get slow printing, pale & fuzzy quality.
I have the 1.8 drivers, plain paper and text setting selected.
Does anyone else get the same thing?
I found the answer to my problem on the Canon site.
It seems that this is a 'feature' of duplex printing. Less black ink is used to prevent the ink from rubbing onto internal components.
Makes the duplex option kinda useless. Wished they had said that on the box.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Orange-tip Butterfly by anisah|
from Nature's Colour Palette
|Windswept juniper by Kreber|
from Wind power