Who is Steven M. Scharf, and why does he hate us so much?

Started Jul 28, 2004 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
pvs Senior Member • Posts: 1,949
Who is Steven M. Scharf, and why does he hate us so much?

I did a bit of research today, on that SIGMASD10.COM site as well as this new "Fair and Balanced View of the Sigma SD10", and found that they are both the demon-spawn an individual named Steven M. Scharf, registered as:

The Nordic Group
P.O Box 467
Cupertino, CA 95015-0467
scharf@hotmail.com
(408) 202-7910

I am quite surprised, as I thought these two similar sites were going to belong to Ken Rockwell, but unless the Scharf name is an alias, they are different people.

Does anyone on the forum know ... What is this guy's problem? And why is he out to spread negative (and not at all honest) publicity regarding Sigma and Foveon? What's worse, is that he seems to have good contacts with Google, since he gets these lying webpages to display very high in their result listings, and that is often not an easy thing to do, even for legitimate sites that offer TRUE information.

He also mentions this forum in particular, stating that WE post a lot of mis-information.

So, does anyone know what his problem is? Did he get burned by Sigma or Foveon in the past? He claims to own stock in Foveon, but I doubt that myself, because every time I searched that avenue, Foveon wasn't selling stock to private entities.

I'm confused as to why anyone would take the time, trouble, or $4.99 to attack a company and/or product with this type of slanderous, misguided, one-sided, and repetitive drivel. What the heck is he afraid of?

Anyone wish to take a stab at his motivation?
-pvs

-- hide signature --

The Mayan Calendar predicts that the world will end on December 21, 2012. Be sure to have your camera ready and your batteries charged.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
pvs
pvs
pvs
pvs
pvs
pvs
pvs
pvs
pvs
pvs
pvs
pvs
pvs
pvs
pvs
pvs
pvs
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow