Started Jun 23, 2004 | Discussions thread
Da Larry Senior Member • Posts: 1,305
Re: Wandering thread

sparrowminded wrote:

Laurence W. Stewart wrote:

sparrowminded wrote:

Peter Heberer wrote:

Peter Heberer wrote:

Recently I purchased my A2 and ordered....

This thread was written not for which camera to buy but to
understand the problem with accessories. Oh well.

My vote, I'm predjudice (I own one), is the A2 period.
--
Pete H

hmmm. I invite you to examine my photographs.
--
I'm still Da Larry!
http://www.DaLarry.com

I had no intention of inviting so much attention to myself, hijacking Peter's thread, and certainly not to trash Minolta. This is an interactive community and all I really intended to do was give Peter a few "props" for contributing to my education and research regarding the A2. Having said that, your last post actually makes my case. The one thing that my my Minolta SRT-101, SRT-102, X-700; my Oly D-460Z; and my Fuji MX1200 and S602Z have in common is that I pretty much knew what would happen when I pressed the shutter or changed a setting. I do get to some out of the way places and inevitably run into some "once in a lifetime" shots. The last thing I want is to worry about whether or not my camera is going to function as designed. There aren't many Costco or Ritz Camera outlets within walking distance in large swaths of the world. This was brought home forcefully on my last trip to China. I brought along my brand new HP laptop, purchased a week or so before the trip. About 10 days into a 2 month trip the "a,s,d,f,;,l, and k keys decided to stop working. The fact that it was under warranty and would have been easily swapped out was of little comfort or practicality. Those of you who travel know that a warranty on a product purchased in the U.S., U.K., or E.U. means little outside of those territories.

The Minolta A2 interests me because of it's outstanding feature set and, less importantly, because I have always considered myself a Minolta person; even when my Nikon and Canon owning friends looked down on me. I am sorry if my lack of alcarity disturbs some. Again, that was not my intent. However, I'll make a move if and when I feel that the kinks in the A2 have been worked out. This is my last post in this thread. I don't know how it became about me and my "waffling" or "fence sitting" but I won't be responsible for continuing it.
--
I'm still Da Larry!
http://www.DaLarry.com

Da Larry's gear list:Da Larry's gear list
Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow