A2 Accessories & Lenses - warning

Started Jun 23, 2004 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Peter Heberer Regular Member • Posts: 274
A2 Accessories & Lenses - warning

Recently I purchased my A2 and ordered the dat2 Vision Optics .5x super wide angle and dat2 Vision Optics 2x compact ultra lite telephoto lenses. Also I ordered the Sakar Digital Camera Universal AC/DC Battery Charger. I was told they were all compatible with the A2.

I've found that the wide angle lens has severe vignetting up to 30mm which makes this lens totally unusable. Camera normally goes to 28mm.

The wide angle does not give clear photos when in telephoto. I get a bigger blurry image. Camera's lens at 200mm is smaller but clearer. This makes this lens totally unusable.

These lenses are 52mm and need a 49-52 adapter ring.

I called Sakar about their #CH-3200CL charger and they say they do not presently make a quick charger for the NP-400.

I'll not mention my supplier but beware that you get only compatible equipment for the A2.

Anybody have an incite to these problems?

Fun info.

My first digital was the the FinePix 6900Z great but I had trouble with focus and low light problems. When done correctly it gave great prints but I just had far too many blurry photos. Most were operator problems because I do mostly hand held shooting.

The A2 in comparison with the low light capability, superior auto focus, and stabilization is unbelievable. I now have to try to get bad pics.

Interesting is I went digital for many of the normal reasons but especially the small form factor and light weight (compared to my Minolta 7000i - very heavy and big with the zoom lens). The A2 is big and heavy compared to the 6900Z but what a camera.
--
Pete H

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow