10D turns 7D? Japanese Magazine Rumor...

Started Jun 23, 2004 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
whokilledkaji Regular Member • Posts: 229
10D turns 7D? Japanese Magazine Rumor...

A pretty reputable camera magazine in Japan has posted some information about the new 10D in their July issue... Now I have to say, this is a rumor... Read this with a light heart! Considering this magazine's track record though, I kinda believe them... They had advanced specs for the 1D Mark II and were dead on with the release of a black body Digital Rebel (KISS Digital). Please no flaming or anything... Just thought somebody might be interested... Even if just for a fun read...

The 10D replacement will be based on the Japanese EOS 7s (I think the 7NE is the closest equivalent in America) hence the name, Canon EOS 7D. It will be in the realm of 9 mega pixels and have a 5 frame buffer. The camera will indeed feature the 7s' advanced eye control system... The body will be smaller and lighter than the current 10D and a new vertical grip (not based on the original 7s grip) will be introduced. The camera build quality will be about the same as the 7s.

OK... that's it... I should also mention that they make no time estimate on the announcement of the camera... I guess only time will tell on that one... Also there is no mention of an EF-S mount or the camera's crop factor...

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
T3
T3
T3
T3
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow