Do you still prefer a D70 over a hacked 300D?

Started Jun 9, 2004 | Discussions thread
Frank Vigil Senior Member • Posts: 2,578
For me, the D70, for my Office, 300D

Hey, all:

I'm an old, DPRevier, formerly from over in the Nikon Talk area when I had a 5700. Two weeks ago, I bought a D70 with the kit lens as well as a 70-300 Nikon zoom. I love all of it, though to be honest, the weather has been less than cooperative with me for really testing it out.

Today, my communications department came to me for some advice. They want a "good camera" for shooting typical PR type shots. When I asked how the photos would be used (i.e., web and brochures only) they said that, plus "panel displayes." When I heard that, I realized that larger prints would be the result and I disuaded them from looking at some point and shoot. I honestly think the D70 is overkill for them, if for no other reason than it's a bit too complex for a novice. I got to thinking about the Rebel and perhaps it may meet their needs (along with a good flash, I told them).

I've not used the Rebel, though I've looked at it and was turned off by the plastic body. I know it produces some good quality photos and this is not about "D70 Vs. 300D" so much as it is, can anyone tell me if this is an easy enough camera to use in Auto mode for a novice?

Frank
Whimsy is salvation for a life taken too seriously.
http://www.pbase.com/frankvigil

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
fjp
fjp
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow