FCAS Application

Started May 19, 2004 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DJC Senior Member • Posts: 1,091
FCAS Application

I had some fun putting this together. The image is compiled from two separate photos. Hope that’s not in violation of the spirit or rules of the FCAS! The background flower was taken with my 990. The image of the 990, was taken with my D100. The LCD display on the 990 is the actual framing/composition used for the image that’s in front of it---that’s confusing to describe…am I making sense?

Post processing was done in PhotoShop CS: I cropped the iris image taken with the 990 just a little. I then selected the foamcore background using a combination of the Magic Wand and Lasso tools, and reset the black point using the Levels function to darken it. Also removed four or five hot, or stuck pixles using the Healing Brush---my 990 has a bunch of them these days--must be age spots. I then took the D100 image and cut the 990 using the Polygonal Lasso, and pasted it into the 990 image of the iris. I adjusted the contrast of the combined images slightly using the curves function.

Dan

Original images and EXIF are below the combined image.

Background image of flower EXIF:
Original date/time: 2004:05:18 16:49:28
Exposure time: 1/3
F-stop: 9.0
ISO speed: 100
Focal length: 15.5000
Flash: Not fired
Metering mode: Pattern
Exposure program: Normal
White Balance: Auto
AF Mode: AF-S
Tone Comp: Auto
JPEG (8-bit) Fine
Sharpening: None
Camera: Nikon COOLPIX990

Foreground image of 990 EXIF:
Original date/time: 2004:05:18 17:24:56
Exposure time: 1/1.6
F-stop: 16.0
ISO speed: 200
Focal length: 102.0000
Flash: Not fired
Metering mode: Pattern
Exposure program: Manual
White Balance: Cloudy -2
AF Mode: Manual
Tone Comp: Less Contrast
Color Mode: Mode II (Adobe RGB)
RAW (12-bit)
Sharpening: Low
Camera: Nikon D100

DJC's gear list:DJC's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow