Hot pixel mapping for the C-2100 UZ works!

Started Sep 5, 2003 | Discussions thread
René Schuster Forum Pro • Posts: 14,180
Re: Read always returns the same defect pixels

Ralph Arvesen wrote:

I’m trying to use the CCD Defects Reader v0.15 to remap bad pixels
for a C-2020 and C-2100 but I can’t get it to work.
Every time I press Read again, it finds the same 11 defect pixels.
I tried turning the camera on / off but its like the pixels are
never really remapped. The same happens when I try this for the
Do you know if I’m doing something wrong or have any ideas? Are
these the steps you took? Do you get 0 defect pixels if you do a
Read after you Remap?

Hi Ralph,

I don´t know if this program works with the C-2020, but it should work with the C-2100 UZ. It worked with both my UZIs, firmware versions 75 and 78 (ex 73). When I did the "Read" after the "Remap", it said "0 defect pixels".

But - and that might be the reason why it didn´t work in your case,
I used the defects reader version 0.12, not the 0.15!

Just try this other version and there is a good chance it will work, at least with the C-2100 UZ, but maybe still not with the 2020.

I really appreciated to find the link to this Russian program here in this great forum, it looks (and feels) so much better without these magenta dots!

Thanks once more to this forum! And -Thanks to that Russian guy who wrote this little progam!

I wrote a few lines about this in another thread some days ago, but as there was never a reply, I really would like to repeat it here:

This little Russian hotpixel remapping program was one of the best things I found in this forum, thanks a lot!

But I still feel I would like to say "Thank you" to that Russian guy who made it! (Wasn´t one of the members of this forum in e-mail contact with him?). I guess he saved us a lot of money enabling us to do it ourselves and not having to send the UZI to Oly! And if you know on how little money most people in Russia have to live, wouldn´t it be a good idea if everybody who used his little program would send him a few dollars? Or Euro, in my case? 1 or 5, no matter how much, just to show him how much we appreciated his work! If I knew where to send I sure would!

And if you all think this is not such a good idea, what about just a nice postcard?
Has someone got his address?

A new "Counting thread"( like Bill´s or Olyboy´s ) would be interesting:
"How many of the OTF people used this program to remap their UZIs?"

René

PS.: Thinking about it today, I would suggest the "postcard version", because the banking fees for transfering money to Russia are probably more than the little sums we would transfer.

What do you folks think? Who´s got his address?

René

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow