Started Apr 12, 2004 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Adrian Tung
Adrian Tung Veteran Member • Posts: 3,857
Tamrac Velocity 9: My initial impressions

Link for reference:
http://www.tamrac.com/5749.htm

I just got it last night from my friend and tried using it for a day. It's carries a lot less than my LowePro MiniTrekker AW - I had to loose a lot of stuff including some adapter rings, filters, blower, 50mm f/1.8II and Tamron 28-300XR. So what I have in the bag is only:

• 10D with BigEd + Tamron 90mm macro

• Canon 28-135IS

• 550EX + StoFen omnibounce

• Kenko 2X teleconverter

• Extra batteries, CF cards, remote cable, 72mm CPL filter, silica gel

• Misc oddments including PDA, pen/pencil, my sample photos, etc.

It's nice for regular day-to-day use, but for specific photo outings and trips I'll still use my LowePro backpack as I can carry more stuff and it feels more secure.

The shoulder strap takes a while to get used to though, coming from someone who's never used this kind of bag before. Putting it on alone took a while to figure out, and I have yet to figure out the best way to take it off, LOL!

I did some practice moves to swing the bag in front, take the camera out, put the camera back in and swing the bag back and I love the practicality that this bag offers - it's a whole lot easier to get the camera out with this bag compared to my LowePro backpack.

However, the stuff that I carry is a bit heavy (and planning to add a 70-200 f/2.8 in the near future) - the single strap puts a bit of strain on my left shoulder. I have yet to carry the whole thing all day, so I'm not sure how my shoulder will hold up to this kind of "punishment" yet.

Anyway, overall I still like the bag. It's great if you need speed and mobility - no wonder they call it the Velocity sling bag!

-- hide signature --
 Adrian Tung's gear list:Adrian Tung's gear list
Sony RX100 III Olympus Stylus Tough TG-870 Sony RX100 VI Sony ZV-1 Olympus PEN-F +22 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow