Incident! @ The NYC Anti-War Protest/March - (D100 Pic Sequence)

Started Mar 22, 2004 | Discussions thread
OP -X- Regular Member • Posts: 286
Re: Incident! @ The NYC Anti-War Protest/March - (D100 Pic Sequence)

Andreasoo wrote:

How did you shoot the pictures? RAW?

They were shot in "JPEG/Fine" mode. I've yet to acquire NC4, so I haven't attempted shooting in RAW yet, although I am literally thirsting for it. Switching between tons of White Balance Modes and Exposure Compensation Settings is fun sometimes, but sometimes you come home with some "less than desirable" results. Luckily, i've been really getting the hang of this camera having learned so much from my 5700.

What lens(es) did you use?

I used my (so far) all time favorite lens: My Nikon 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF AF-S Zoom-Nikkor. I can't say enough about this lens. I find it sharp at all focal lengths and aperture openings. I have two other lenses (check my Profile to see which), but have yet to put them to any REAL use as I am just having too much fun with this lens. Highly recommended!

Really nice colors! How did you work with the pictures on your
computer?

This is how they came out of the camera. Again, I am not too Software savvy, and do not even have PS7 (let alone CS). At this moment, I just cannot justify spending over $700.00 on a program. So I usually try my absolute best to get my images as desirable as possible "out of the camera". I have Elements, and DO use it most of the time when needed. But I don't do much more than (if needed) slightly changing the color variation (if I shot too hot or too cold), or (don't kill me) run an Auto-Levels/Contrast on it at times. It usually just brightens things up most of the time. Not too bad, but I guess I have a lot to learn. I definitely want PS8 (CS), but am still wondering how everyone and their brother has this insanely expensive (IMO) program?! Is there some kind of underground ring of users sharing this program? Or are peolpe ACTUALLY going out and spending that much money. I mean, I understand having it for professional use, but I know Nikon CoolPix 2500 owners who have these programs. Anyway, until I figure how to get a deal on this program (free would be the best!), it is likely I will be using Elements for a little while longer. At least until I radically excel at Post-Processing, and find the need for it.

Hope the lady is ok..

I hope so too. Thanks for the sentiment. I was particularly moving actually witnessing it.

Andreas

And thanks to all of you for your great comments! It was fun putting another one together for you guys. Glad to see you enjoyed 'em!
--

'No one ever takes a photograph of something they want to forget.' - Seymour Parrish ('Sy the Photo Guy')
PBase Supporter: http://www.pbase.com/diskidx

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
-X-
-X-
s&s
-X-
NNS
-X-
-X-
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow